Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - English from Study.com won't work after April 1, 2020
(03-05-2020, 10:41 AM)ARhead Wrote: With these English courses don't you have written assignments that have to be marked or something, is it possible to get them both done in that timeframe? Is there any reason not to just take them at SL?

Keep in mind that not only do you have to complete them within this time, you need to send them to be added to your active TESU evaluation before that time.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • ARhead
@ARhead I would hurry and take them. We dont know it SL might be close behind the same fate. Dont risk it.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • ARhead
Don't risk anything, do them now! Take the ones from Study.com as it should be easier/faster than the StraighterLine versions as SL has a few more written assignments for each course vs the 3 required for the Study.com courses - Note. I am probably the only one who likes "repeating" courses from different providers. I actually took them both (and a few repeating courses from both providers to see how they go).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ARhead
In my case, I'm signed up with SL this month and since TESU has yet to say anything about SL's english yet, I'd say it's safer to go with them, not to mention the added stress factor with SDC. As well, since Dfrecore said she did them as a tecep and it was easier than a course, that makes it both cheaper and easier than a course. So it's not the end of the world I guess.
So, for those of you that have been here on the forum for awhile (and have seen many such changes) what are your thoughts on where this might lead? Will TESU soon reject SL or Sophia for English? Will they only take CLEP? Or will they require those classes be taken at TESU?

I realize I'm asking for speculation but I'm curious.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

English Comp II has been (finally) added to the TESU/Sophia webpage (https://tesu.sophia.org/#course).
In progress:  TESU BACS [110/122]
  Completed: ASU Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]
[-] The following 1 user Likes doom's post:
  • AwardTour
(03-04-2020, 10:36 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: It might be me but is seems since Dr. Pruitt left things are only starting to go downhill.

I've had this same thought. When the new president took over, these changes seemed to start happening immediately. I believe this was also around the time Marc Singer left, who had been an advocate at TESU for alternative learning. 

It's disappointing, to say the least, but my alma mater is not what it used to be.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Hi all, 

Many of you have heard the news that TESU will no longer accept the transfer of English Composition 2 from Study.com. Here's the email I received: 

Quote:IMPORTANT:
Beginning on April 1st, 2020, Thomas Edison State University will no longer be accepting transfer of the following Study.com courses:

English 105: College Composition II
In order to transfer the credit for any of the courses listed above, you must complete the courses by no later than March 31, 2020.
Only the courses listed above are affected by this change.
You can always refer to the Thomas Edison State University transfer guide at https://study.com/college/school/thomas-edison-state-university.html to confirm how study.com courses will transfer to Thomas Edison State University.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you have any questions or concerns about this, please contact customer support at support@study.com
Thank You,
Study.com Support Team

My question is: What happens if I take the course before April 1st and transfer it later this year? Can I do that? 

If not, what are the easiest alternatives?

Also, did I hear somewhere that TESU will also no longer accept English 1?
(03-07-2020, 01:45 AM)romoh Wrote: Hi all, 

Many of you have heard the news that TESU will no longer accept the transfer of English Composition 2 from Study.com. Here's the email I received: 

Quote:IMPORTANT:
Beginning on April 1st, 2020, Thomas Edison State University will no longer be accepting transfer of the following Study.com courses:

English 105: College Composition II
In order to transfer the credit for any of the courses listed above, you must complete the courses by no later than March 31, 2020.
Only the courses listed above are affected by this change.
You can always refer to the Thomas Edison State University transfer guide at https://study.com/college/school/thomas-edison-state-university.html to confirm how study.com courses will transfer to Thomas Edison State University.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you have any questions or concerns about this, please contact customer support at support@study.com
Thank You,
Study.com Support Team

My question is: What happens if I take the course before April 1st and transfer it later this year? Can I do that? 

If not, what are the easiest alternatives?

Also, did I hear somewhere that TESU will also no longer accept English 1?

Straighterline and Sophia both offer English Comp.  But my question is for how long?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

(03-05-2020, 02:12 PM)TwinMom Wrote:  Or will they require those classes be taken at TESU?

I realize I'm asking for speculation but I'm curious.

I highly doubt they will require English Comp I and II at TESU. The thing about English Comp I and II is they are required courses for literally 99% of all bachelor's degrees at any school in the US. This is not a special course like SOS-110. If you are concerned and not going to enroll at TESU for a while maybe consider taking English Comp I and II at a community college or any local college. This can be done either online or in-person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,322 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,478 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,677 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 601 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 562 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Sophia.org English Composition II -- Grader Experiences ashkir 67 10,199 02-09-2024, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,811 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly