Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESU] Enroll time vs evaluation
Hi All,

Goal = ASBA, all credits accounted for (I hope).
Since today is June 6th, 25 more days will go into July.
Have applied to TESU, mailed/requested other college transcripts today. If it takes 25 days to get evaluation, how can I make the July 1 deadline to avoid cornerstone.
If I give them all the money before July 1, will that help me? or am I toast?

Thank you,
traveler
I am leaning towards the latter for your situation, taking a course is too late. If you have been accepted, you need to immediately send a request to get a late registration in for ANY TECEP, I recommend the $38 - 1 credit Medical Terminology just to get you enrolled. Paying off all that money doesn't do anything with your status until you ENROLL and complete that TECEP (before June 30).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I believe that it is already too late, but trying for a late registration in a TECEP is certainly worth a try.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Oh Flitter.

Thank you for your responses. I tried to figure this out, but mostly ya'll are way past and above my current goal. Congratulations for all that stuff ya'll can and have accomplished, by the way.

Regards,
traveler
More info for the task:
It is probable that the ASBA requirements are not as stringent as the BS, or BA, or certainly a MA or PHD.
(I am not qualified to answer that point.)
So, after your responses, I checked and had received this email saying;
New Cornerstone Course Announced;
"This will be a required introductory course for all students who enroll after July 1, 2016."
'Web Registration, Grades, & Academic Evaluation'
Thomas Edison State University | Online Student Services
Registration for the July 2016 term is open now, and runs through June 18, with late registration running from June 19 through July 16.
My situation = I just haven't located 'Registration' slot -
Maybe All I need to do is call them? If that's the case, I apologize for bothering ya'll. Thank you for your dedication, determination, and really good sayings.
I searched and searched, and Registration isn't like cashing out a tab (winks).
I also may need to wear a Chewbacca mask, and then maybe I can figure this out.
(chuckles.)
I also filled out the Survey, and may win Too, that puts me like much later than most of you guys and gals, yeah? (grins.)

Best Regards, and Cheers
traveler
Too late to enroll for June term, but you can enroll for July term. That will mean that you need to take the cornerstone in order to graduate. I would not register for a TECEP, as that won't make a difference for you at this point. Go ahead and enroll for the cornerstone if it's available, if not, I would just wait until you get the eval, and see what it says. You can apply for graduation if you have all of the credits, maybe that would get you past the cornerstone (maybe a one-off because of timing).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Too late to enroll for June term, but you can enroll for July term. That will mean that you need to take the cornerstone in order to graduate. I would not register for a TECEP, as that won't make a difference for you at this point. Go ahead and enroll for the cornerstone if it's available, if not, I would just wait until you get the eval, and see what it says. You can apply for graduation if you have all of the credits, maybe that would get you past the cornerstone (maybe a one-off because of timing).
I am not sure if this is true. Tesu counted me as "enrolled" when I signed up for a TECEP two days before the April 1st change in residency requirements and grandfathered my ability to take teceps in the May term that would count for residency. (they counted me as enrolled starting the day I enrolled even though officially it didn't happen til the 10 day of the new May term.) Verify with the registrar but my guess is that if you "enroll" with a tecep now, you can avoid the capstone requirement. You can also take it at anytime during the 12 week term, doesn't have to be done by july 1 (assuming you are able to sign up now for a tecep, but I bet you are good by just enrolling now for the July term and by such, avoiding the cornerstone. Verify with TESU but I bet this works.
OK.

Gonna Enroll. (learned correct terminology.)
If they don't accept one or two old credits, I submit.
If they advise me to take another path and jump through another hoop, I will.
If they give it to me - someone is doing backflips in their mind right now. Never thought That would happen - Oh Yeah! -
Owe it all to you - Oh Yeah! - Thank you.

best regards,
traveler
Test-o-matic Wrote:I am not sure if this is true. Tesu counted me as "enrolled" when I signed up for a TECEP two days before the April 1st change in residency requirements and grandfathered my ability to take teceps in the May term that would count for residency. (they counted me as enrolled starting the day I enrolled even though officially it didn't happen til the 10 day of the new May term.) Verify with the registrar but my guess is that if you "enroll" with a tecep now, you can avoid the capstone requirement. You can also take it at anytime during the 12 week term, doesn't have to be done by july 1 (assuming you are able to sign up now for a tecep, but I bet you are good by just enrolling now for the July term and by such, avoiding the cornerstone. Verify with TESU but I bet this works.

I'm confused. You're saying you can sign up for the June term now??? I'm not seeing how that's possible. Right now is registration for the July term, which starts July 5. I've NEVER heard that you could register for a course/TECEP outside of the registration process, in all my years of being on this forum.

In your instance, you're saying they let you register for the May term when? March 29? That's the correct time period for registering for the May term. The rule was that if you registered for the May term during the regular registration period (Mar 21-Apr 16), then TECEP's taken during that May term counted towards residency. There was no exception made or grandfathering in that I can see. This was just the normal process.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Once I paid the residency waiver my status / profile showed me as enrolled. This was this week.
WGU MSML complete 3/2018
TESU 2016 BSBA graduate

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,925 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,321 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore