Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Enrollment
Hello all, 

I would really appreciate some advice. I applied and was accepted to TESU late December of 2017. With life and work holding up my studies I haven't made the progress I was hoping for. I haven't enrolled yet and realize my one year deadline is coming up. Reading through some past forums on the subject it sounds like I need to enroll under the per credit tuition plan and register for any TECEP ASAP before the one year mark? Also, if I fail the TECEP does it still extend my enrollment for another year?

I apologize if this has been asked a million times before. I'm just so short on time these days....Thanks!
TECEP does NOT count for residency but can be used for enrollment. I think the best thing to do is the Cornerstone course in December. Your deadline is actually January 2019 since you have a 30 day grace period.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

I’ve used TECEPs to extend my enrollment. I’ve been enrolled since 2016 and have only taken two exams through TESU.
Yes, failing a TECEP is like failing a course. You'll continue to be enrolled. Just make sure to do a 3 credit TECEP that's easy and cheap as they're $25/credit LL and $75/credit UL now instead of $117 each TECEP.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I too would recommend taking the Cornerstone - it will put you in the enrolled status for another year, and it would also help you avoid having to that take the SOS-110 that will replace it in July 2019 https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...e-Deadline  Pay $300 now or $1098 - $1500 later.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 3 users Like allvia's post:
  • davewill, jsd, Mab81
(11-08-2018, 11:23 AM)allvia Wrote: I too would recommend taking the Cornerstone - it will put you in the enrolled status for another year, and it would also help you avoid having to that take the SOS-110 that will replace it in July 2019 https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...e-Deadline  Pay $300 now or $1098 - $1500 later.

I agree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Awesome, thanks for info. So this may be a silly question, but how do I go about enrolling in the cornerstone? I don't have all my credits transferred in yet and haven't had the academic eval call. Does timing matter here? 

Thanks!
(11-08-2018, 12:46 PM)AMRH94 Wrote: Awesome, thanks for info. So this may be a silly question, but how do I go about enrolling in the cornerstone? I don't have all my credits transferred in yet and haven't had the academic eval call. Does timing matter here? 

Thanks!
There's no need to wait for your academic eval, as you already know you need the Cornerstone. You log into your student account and register for it there. You need to be in the Dec or Jan term. The term start and end dates, and the deadlines for registration are here:

https://www.tesu.edu/academics/undergrad-calendar

Normal registration closes for Dec term on Nov 11, and for Jan term on Dec 15. Late registration is fairly expensive, so avoid it. Wink That means that if you want to make Dec term, you should jump on it today or tomorrow as the 11th is Veteran's Day and you can't count on getting help if their computer system goes down over the weekend.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I just did the Cornerstone. It took me maybe a couple hours. It's a strange class because it's basically a long advertisement for TESU, where all you do is read pages from the TESU website and answer quiz questions about them. Kind of pointless but at least it keeps you enrolled. Once you are done, there is nothing to 'tell' you that you're done. No final page saying the course is finished, no email, nothing. I had to email the registrar to confirm i was done and didn't miss anything, just because I was so confused and paranoid that i had somehow not completed it!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mab81's post:
  • alab21
(11-08-2018, 12:56 PM)davewill Wrote: Normal registration closes for Dec term on Nov 11, and for Jan term on Dec 15. Late registration is fairly expensive, so avoid it. Wink That means that if you want to make Dec term, you should jump on it today or tomorrow as the 11th is Veteran's Day and you can't count on getting help if their computer system goes down over the weekend.

I know the late fee is $150 but do you know if that is per term, class, or credit?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 12 639 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 152 1 hour ago
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,569 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 617 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 544 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 277 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,329 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 253 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 405 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 311 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az