Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU First Year Foundations & More Questions
Hi Everyone, please provide any feedback if possible. 
She's very new to this and would like assistance. Thanks,
She wants to know if there is an Associates or BALS with a Foreign Language concentration option.

This is for my wife, she's starting her journey and I will be getting her started with the First Year Foundations at TESU.
I think this is a new undergrad certificate.  Does anyone know if this is fully test-out-able?  She's starting from scratch.
Hopefully she can ladder this to an Associates and to a BALS degree at TESU before the Study.com discount ends. 

Ceritificate: https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/undergrad-ce...ations.cfm
Associates (Foreign Language?? or No concentration): https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/aa/
BALS (Foreign Language?? or No concentration): https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/Liberal-Studies.cfm

She's planning to use mainly ACE credit providers, can someone please draft a plan with no concentration for her?
She has no credits now, but will be doing ACTFL to get some credits quickly and will work on the remainder next.
We want to know what the best way to complete this in the shortest time, using ACE credit providers.  Thank you.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
Haha. I was just reviewing the certificates and this one is new.
The Undergraduate Certificate in First Year Foundations is a 30-credit certificate program that provides students with a stackable credential and a solid foundation in General Education. 

Stackable credentials are a cool option. Big Grin
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

I think that certificate is pretty silly.  It's just doing half of your gen ed's, and is a worthless (to the marketplace) certificate.  It's basically saying that you took 30cr of Freshman classes.  No one cares, literally millions of people in this country have done that and then not finished a degree.  I wouldn't waste my time at all, and just move on to a BALS.

You cannot test out of a BA in Foreign Language degree, even with a bunch of ACTFL credits.  I would start with those, and just continue on with the rest of the requirements of the BALS.  Luckily, with enough ACTFL credits (there are 4 different tests she can take, plus the CLEP), she can get most of her UL requirements done in a very short amount of time.

Here is a BALS spreadsheet to start her on her way.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU 2016 BALS.xlsx (Size: 43.51 KB / Downloads: 16)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • leland.kirk
With Shmoop out of the equation, what are the options for the UL requirements for a BALS with no concentration?
Does someone have a spreadsheet of options other than Shmoop? Such as Study.com courses? Thank you! TIA!

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
(05-04-2018, 11:00 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: With Shmoop out of the equation, what are the options for the UL requirements for a BALS with no concentration?  
Does someone have a spreadsheet of options other than Shmoop? Such as Study.com courses?  Thank you!  TIA!

DSST, UExcel, Study.com (too many to list), Coopersmith, Ed4Credit, Pearson/Propero, etc.  Tons of options other than Shmoop.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-05-2018, 12:53 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 11:00 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: With Shmoop out of the equation, what are the options for the UL requirements for a BALS with no concentration?  
Does someone have a spreadsheet of options other than Shmoop? Such as Study.com courses?  Thank you!  TIA!

DSST, UExcel, Study.com (too many to list), Coopersmith, Ed4Credit, Pearson/Propero, etc.  Tons of options other than Shmoop.

TESU has a nice partner deal with Sophia that I am using

https://www.tesu.edu/alpa/taking-sophia-courses
TESU - BALS 114/120
(05-05-2018, 02:16 AM)coldseal Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 12:53 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

TESU has a nice partner deal with Sophia that I am using

https://www.tesu.edu/alpa/taking-sophia-courses

Sophia only has 1 UL course, and it is a business course so won't work in the BALS.
Thanks, everyone! We're deciding to go with Study.com for the Upper-Level requirements of the BALS.
She's going to use the Free Credits, CLEP/MS, Saylor and StraighterLine for the remainder of the degree.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,976 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,102 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,637 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,729 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,341 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,587 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,373 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,858 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore