Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Marketing AOS?
Was curious if the Marketing concentration can be tested out of at TESU. Since I'm almost finished with General Management I was thinking about doing a dual-concentration. I would like to do Marketing and wanted to know what courses or exams are available to fulfill the AOS?
TESU BSBA GM
Started: Nov 2016
Graduation Goal: Sept 2017
114/120

CLEP: (15) A&I LiteratureㅣCollege Compㅣ Macroeconomics
ALEKS: (12) Buisness StatisticsㅣPreCalculusㅣCollege AlgebraㅣIntermediate Algebra
The Institutes: (2) Insurance Ethics
TEEX: (4) Cybersecurity for EveryoneㅣCybersecurity for IT Professionals
Saylor: (18) Intro to Molecular & Cellular BiologyㅣEnviromental EthicsㅣBuisness Law & EthicsㅣPrinciples of ManagementㅣPrinciples of MarketingㅣMoral & Political Philosophy
Study.com: (42) Personal FinanceㅣPrinciples of FinanceㅣIntro to CommunicationㅣIntro to World ReligionㅣIntro to SociologyㅣIntro to Managerial AccountingㅣGlobal & International ManagementㅣDigital Marketing & AdvertisingㅣOrganizational Behavior ㅣ Human Resource ManagementㅣStrategic Human Resource ManagementㅣAdvanced AccountingㅣEnvironmental Science 101ㅣMarketing Research
DAVAR: (18) CIS 101ㅣCIS 315ㅣSCI 103ㅣSCI 102ㅣMAN 390ㅣAmerican Gov
TECEP: (3) Business Admin BUS-421
It can.

REQUIRED: Market Research - CSU-Global/PF
Digital Marketing - Study.com
Advertising - TECEP
Marketing Comm - TECEP
Public Relations Thought & Practice - TECEP
Sales Management/Principles of Sales - TECEP/Davar/CSU-Global
Strategic Marketing - CSU-Global
International and Multi-Cultural Marketing - CSU-Global
Consumer Behavior - CSU-Global/PF
Merchandise Planning & Buying - PF
Retail Management - CSU-Global/PF
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks a lot!! Definitely might try this when I'm finished Gen Man. Smile
TESU BSBA GM
114/120

ALEKS: (12) Buisness StatisticsㅣPreCalculusㅣCollege AlgebraㅣIntermediate Algebra
Saylor: (18) Intro to Molecular & Cellular BiologyㅣEnviromental EthicsㅣBuisness Law & EthicsㅣPrinciples of ManagementㅣPrinciples of MarketingㅣMoral & Political Philosophy
Study.com: (42) Personal FinanceㅣPrinciples of FinanceㅣIntro to CommunicationㅣIntro to World ReligionㅣIntro to SociologyㅣIntro to Managerial AccountingㅣGlobal & International ManagementㅣDigital Marketing & AdvertisingㅣOrganizational Behavior ㅣ Human Resource ManagementㅣStrategic Human Resource ManagementㅣAdvanced AccountingㅣEnvironmental Science 101ㅣMarketing Research
You can't do a dual BSBA concentration at TESU if one of them is general management.
TESU BA June 2018.
Various business certificates still to do.
SDO Wrote:You can't do a dual BSBA concentration at TESU if one of them is general management.

i thought this was the case, but i'm not familiar enough with the BSBA options to know for sure. I'm glad someone else caught this.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
SDO Wrote:You can't do a dual BSBA concentration at TESU if one of them is general management.

This used to be the case, but apparently they've changed it recently. Several people have come on here in the last few months and said that TESU was letting them do it. As long as there's no overlap.

Now, I'm not 100% certain what that means. Does it mean that if you want a BSBA in Marketing, that none of your AOS for General Management is in Marketing (meaning you need ACC, FIN and MAN courses only)? Or as long as you have your 6 AOS courses in ACC/FIN/MAR/MAN, then if you take 6 additional courses for the MAR AOS, you're fine? No idea. I would find that out.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
is this one of those things where we can have 5 different people call 5 different TESU advisors and get 5 different answers?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I'll call TESU tomorrow and inquire about it, I'll see what answer I get from them and ask what they mean about the overlap as well.
TESU BSBA GM
114/120

I am one of those folks that have been told that I could double major with CIS and General Management concentration.

I have completed my Gen Management portion. My first thought was that I would rather have the CIS vs a General Management on my resume. Although I am getting burnt out. Part of me is saying keep on trucking.

The other part is saying "hey dude cut your loss on SL programming and the rest of the courses you need to do and go and sign up for graduation on April 1st and be done with it."

decisions. decisions..

Also I would call but also get it in writing if I were you.
jsd Wrote:is this one of those things where we can have 5 different people call 5 different TESU advisors and get 5 different answers?

Isn't EVERYTHING that way at TESU???

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,977 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,104 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,642 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,731 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,342 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,590 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,374 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,859 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore