Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Masters in "Liberal Studies"
It's an extremely expensive option from a relatively no-name school. It doesn't carry the test-out/alt-credit options of a TESU/Big3 undergrad.

You can get cheaper grad degrees from much more prestigious schools.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
TESU does have some Masters programs that can be place holders while you get into a better program. For financial AID and VA requirements, you must be in a degree program. I think the Rutgers Master in Arts looks good and there are several others. I have applied to several schools and most will transfer in 9 Grad credits. Out of the 4 programs, I did apply for only TESU is close to approval. Paperwork for some does make this a good tempory solution while they prepare a long term Masters solution.

I most likely will end up at the University of Alaska Emergency Management Program but I won't make a final decision until Fall/2019
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
(02-26-2019, 09:40 PM)adkgirl Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 03:46 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
adkgirl Wrote:Curious if there are any updates on this, specifically the Masters of Public Service Leadership?

What specific update are you looking for in regards to that Masters?  
Have you checked the requirements for the degree?
Link: https://www.tesu.edu/watson/mpsl
I wasn’t very clear on that post, my apologies. I was suprised that many felt a Master’s degree from TESU was  not a good option. The MPSL looked very interesting and TESU seems quite plugged into the local and state government scene - making me think it was a decent option. It doesn’t seem like many ( anyone ) have pursued a Master’s from TESU and was curious if the general opinions are still the same.

Because TESU's advantage is in their undergrad program. Once you step out of that category and start looking at master's degrees, they don't compare. (exception would be for someone who dropped out of a master's program from somewhere else and wanted to transfer it into TESU, they'll allow that)

You can get a master's from any state university and a large pile of schools with brand name recognition for the same money. I think most people here strategize to pair their low-cost undergrad TESU degree (check the box) with a better brand grad degree or even one that costs a bit more and is more specialized.
For that price you can go to Penn State or Harvard Extension. You’re paying for a name with these schools. No name recognition at TESU.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 5 94 3 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,561 Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 610 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 507 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 531 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,326 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 250 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 402 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 307 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az