Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU No longer accepting external Strategic Management capstone courses...
Check out post #11 from SuZQ:
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...stone.html
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
sanantone Wrote:I don't think this is the reason because Excelsior already has liberal arts capstones, and you could never transfer them to TESC for as long as they had a liberal arts capstone.

The business school seems to be changing policies whenever it wants without any warning. If someone really wanted to fight with them as an enrolled student, they could argue that policies shouldn't be changed mid-year and that everything should be documented in the catalog. I sent TESU an email since I'm enrolled in the BSBA program.

I hope they respond positively to your email and accept PF Strategic Management. I am sending my transcript next week as soon as I am done with my last webinar since all my grading is complete. Hope thy accept it.
TESU - BSBA General Management (Completed !!)

WGU MBA - Journey Started for 2016 -2017 .
C200 Managing Organizations and Leading People (Complete 11/7/16)
C202 Managing Human Capital
C211 Global Economics for Managers
Al2010x , Please keep us posted I am waiting on final project grades before I can take the finals at PF. I enrolled TESC in 2015, so I am hoping I will get capstone credit for this class.
SL Business Ethics
SL intro to Business
SL Business Law
SL intro to world religion
SL Accounting 1
PF Strategic management
SL organizational behavior
SL Principles of management
SL macroeconomics
SL microeconomics
SL accounting 2
SL intro bus statistics
PF Corporate Finance
PF International Business
PF Marketing
Alek's College Algebra
SL English comp 2
PF market research
PF retail management
PF HR management
SL Business Communication
S.C Principles of Finance
That is all of my requirements completed.!!

BSBA Thomas Edison State University 2016
Any update on this ?
Done!
timokito Wrote:Any update on this ?

I am LITERALLY on the phone w/them now. They didn't reply to my email - I called this morning at 9:05am and they promised to get back to me by end of day. I am on hold now...
DBRENNAN118 Wrote:I am LITERALLY on the phone w/them now. They didn't reply to my email - I called this morning at 9:05am and they promised to get back to me by end of day. I am on hold now...

They try to respond to emails within three business days. If you emailed them on the 11th, then you can expect a response by the 16th.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
DBRENNAN118 Wrote:I am LITERALLY on the phone w/them now...(...)...I am on hold now...

The other thing is that TESU is notorious for giving incorrect course equivalency/validity over the telephone, so no matter what the answer is, I would get it in writing before I was confident in the answer.
Turkish Wrote:The other thing is that TESU is notorious for giving incorrect course equivalency/validity over the telephone, so no matter what the answer is, I would get it in writing before I was confident in the answer.

That is true. I wouldn't trust information given over the phone. You need to talk to someone who works directly in the School of Business and Management. If the advisor on the phone deems your question to be too difficult, he or she might even hang up the phone on you.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:That is true. I wouldn't trust information given over the phone. You need to talk to someone who works directly in the School of Business and Management. If the advisor on the phone deems your question to be too difficult, he or she might even hang up the phone on you.

I was told on the phone that it is definitely no longer being accepted for sure. I was told to send an email to the business school (separate from the one i sent on the 11th) requesting for my 'grandfather status' since I was pre-approved back in February. It is not for sure to be accepted.

But if anyone doesn't have pre-approval, bad news...they decided LAST WEEK to no longer accept this for the capstone. I will let you know what they say to me as far as the pre-approval. If anyone has a similar issue, or was already in the PF class before this change was made - send emails to the sbm@tesu.edu address.

I am actually in the webinar for PF right now and just told the class instructor. She asked me to send an email to her and she would get the management of PF involved. Maybe will help...
Drew
School of Business and Management
Dr. Michael Williams, Dean
sbm@tesc.edu
TESU - BSBA General Management (Completed !!)

WGU MBA - Journey Started for 2016 -2017 .
C200 Managing Organizations and Leading People (Complete 11/7/16)
C202 Managing Human Capital
C211 Global Economics for Managers

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,999 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,670 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,126 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,663 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,325 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,742 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,359 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,604 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,336 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,392 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic