Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TESU - Onlinedegree.com Transfer Thread
(10-24-2018, 03:12 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 03:07 PM)originalamyj Wrote: Only 2 credits???

Yep. That's what the cooking class is evaluated at by NCCRS. The other 14 are evaluated at 3 credits each, though.

Ok thanks. Somehow I missed that.
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
(09-26-2018, 04:40 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: I just had my transcript sent to TESU. The only course on it is the Astronomy one. I will be sure to let everyone know how it comes in once I find out (which will probably take a while). I'm assuming it comes in as AST-101 like the DSST does. If not, that would certainly be a pleasant surprise and would allow you to knock out the science requirement by taking two astronomy classes.

Any updates on transfers in to TESU for any of the courses?
(10-24-2018, 09:42 PM)BigDaddy1 Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 04:40 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: I just had my transcript sent to TESU. The only course on it is the Astronomy one. I will be sure to let everyone know how it comes in once I find out (which will probably take a while). I'm assuming it comes in as AST-101 like the DSST does. If not, that would certainly be a pleasant surprise and would allow you to knock out the science requirement by taking two astronomy classes.

Any updates on transfers in to TESU for any of the courses?

Thought I had responded to this earlier, but now I can give a better answer anyway:

I had an issue where TESU expected a transcript from the community college I'm currently attending, but I don't have a transcript from there because I haven't finished any classes yet. I just got that taken care of today, and I'm told I should have my eval in 10-12 business days (which would be around the 20th-22nd of this month). At that point I will be able to officially confirm how Astronomy comes in (I'm assuming it's AST-101, but who knows).
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Got my evaluation today. Introduction to Cosmology officially comes in as AST-101. No surprise, but now we have confirmation.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • MrsBulletPoints
That’s good news. My daughter took Enviro Science and is in the middle of the Great Moments in History. I’m anxious to hear how that one will come in. I think she plans to take Nutrition next. I wish they would make things official between TESU and OD and just put a number on all the courses already.
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
(11-08-2018, 06:37 PM)originalamyj Wrote: That’s good news. My daughter took Enviro Science and is in the middle of the Great Moments in History. I’m anxious to hear how that one will come in. I think she plans to take Nutrition next. I wish they would make things official between TESU and OD and just put a number on all the courses already.

We only have a handful of course equivalencies on record so far since OD is still pretty new and not that popular (yet).

However, in case you're not aware, OD is already in process of developing an articulation agreement with TESU. Once a contract is finalized it should appear on both sites. It would be nice to see that drop this month since they've been working on it a while now.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • MrsBulletPoints
I'm checking to see if Sophia's Environmental Science course & ODC's Environmental Science - Climate Change would overlap each other? - I don't think they would but I have the same question for Sophia & ODC's biology courses.

Also, could ODC's courses in Public Health, Cybersecurity, & Intro to Programming be used for general ed electives?

Thank you!
BABA, New England College, 2019
(03-31-2020, 04:13 PM)harrypotter Wrote: I'm checking to see if Sophia's Environmental Science course & ODC's Environmental Science - Climate Change would overlap each other? - I don't think they would but I have the same question for Sophia & ODC's biology courses.

Also, could ODC's courses in Public Health, Cybersecurity, & Intro to Programming be used for general ed electives?

Thank you!
When you say overlap do you mean come in at TESU as the same thing? If that's what you are asking I have an answer. Sophia's Environmental science course comes in as ENS200 ans ODCs comes in as ENS130
For Bio Sophia's is BIO101 and ODCs is BIO105 so they don't overlap
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • harrypotter
(03-31-2020, 06:12 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 04:13 PM)harrypotter Wrote: I'm checking to see if Sophia's Environmental Science course & ODC's Environmental Science - Climate Change would overlap each other? - I don't think they would but I have the same question for Sophia & ODC's biology courses.

Thank you!
When you say overlap do you mean come in at TESU as the same thing? If that's what you are asking I have an answer. Sophia's Environmental science course comes in as ENS200 ans ODCs comes in as ENS130
For Bio Sophia's is BIO101 and ODCs is BIO105 so they don't overlap

Yeah that’s what I meant. Thank you for the help!
BABA, New England College, 2019
harrypotter Wrote:Also, could ODC's courses in Public Health, Cybersecurity, & Intro to Programming be used for general ed electives?

Thank you!

Public Health comes in as HEA-150 Intro to Public Health - this is an elective, can go into free electives
Cybersecurity comes in as AOJ-228 Cybercrime - Criminal Justice, Liberal Arts, yes can go into Gen Ed
Intro to programming comes in as COS-111 with the same name - Comp Sci, yes can go into Gen Ed
If you're looking for another general education course, I would suggest Astronomy 101
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • harrypotter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AWIT Real-world Cloud Product (Coursera) Transfer cizzie 26 3,260 03-17-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 498 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 672 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 2,914 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219
  Which UoPeople courses to transfer and where? ecdw94 10 2,693 11-13-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: ecdw94
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,382 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,262 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
  What happened to all the transfer discounts? harrypotter 2 518 06-14-2023, 09:20 PM
  Sophia - Transfer Credits Directly to School? rowan555 6 13,387 04-16-2023, 04:36 PM