Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Only 9 SH left
After passing 3 DSST yesterday, I only have 9 SH left.

I've already registered for the Strategic Management TECEP the book came last week.

For the other 6SH I was thinking about the Study.com MAR-441 : Marketing with Digital & Social Media and either the DSST Money & Banking or the TECEP FIN-331-TE Financial Institutions and Markets.

I could take the DSST anytime, but I couldn't take the TECEP until May when the term starts.

Thoughts / Ideas / Alternatives?
I don't have any suggestions, but just wanted to say CONGRATS!! You're almost there!
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
Thanks. I've a bit of downtime at the moment, I've managed 18 SH in the last 2 weeks.
You've got this one in the bag!
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
You got this man! I've taken MAR-441, it's interesting and pretty straightforward. Study hard for Strategic management.
I didn't take either of those finance courses, so I wouldn't know. However, it may be a good idea to take it as a TECEP however, to prepare you for the strategic management TECEP and its format.
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
TECEP: 15 CR
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra l College Algebra l Statistics l
The Institutes: Ethics
Saylor: Principles of Marketing
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
CSU CBE: Market Research l
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Community College B&M Courses (2013-2015) 64 CR General Ed. and Business
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  
I finished the Marketing course with study.com in 3 days .. all the quizzes in 1 the powerpoint in another and exam the 3rd day. I enjoyed the course.
JamesIE Wrote:After passing 3 DSST yesterday, I only have 9 SH left.

I've already registered for the Strategic Management TECEP the book came last week.

For the other 6SH I was thinking about the Study.com MAR-441 : Marketing with Digital & Social Media and either the DSST Money & Banking or the TECEP FIN-331-TE Financial Institutions and Markets.

I could take the DSST anytime, but I couldn't take the TECEP until May when the term starts.

Thoughts / Ideas / Alternatives?
It's going really quick. More than 50% through the quizzes in about 2 hours, while watching TV and entertaining a toddler.

Seems a shame to only do one study.com course after paying for the month.
Yeah I found the course quite enjoyable. It wasn't hard in my opinion and material was easy to learn quickly. It's that principles of finance I'm dreading lol I've heard it's not everyone's favorite but I only have that course and 2 upper AOS left besides the TECEP.. I've completed 4 courses in the past 12 days? I set a goal to complete 1 course every 3 days cause I only had 8 courses left including TECEP :/ then I realized I can't graduate till September so what's the rush other than wanting to be able to relax and know my degree is done ..
JamesIE Wrote:It's going really quick. More than 50% through the quizzes in about 2 hours, while watching TV and entertaining a toddler.

Seems a shame to only do one study.com course after paying for the month.
I did the Davar Principles of Finance. I only used the PowerPoint / PDF they provided as study material.
I've never used Davar how does it work? I've only used SL and study.com
JamesIE Wrote:I did the Davar Principles of Finance. I only used the PowerPoint / PDF they provided as study material.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,022 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,686 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,175 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,693 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,754 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,375 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,622 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,346 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,406 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,886 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore