Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Open Course Degree
I was wondering has anyone tried to do TESU's ASBA? According to their website you can get the degree using Saylor Courses. I think I want to try it but I am not sure and wanted to see if anyone else had tried to do it.
I looked into it. Basically they encourage you to do some Saylor courses for some of the classes($25/course) and also use Saylor to study for some TECEPS($75/test for LL) but you would also have to pay for the cornerstone and capstone courses plus the residency waiver. So it ends up being pretty expensive for just an associates even if the individual classes are pretty cheap. You could of course use modern states/clep and the other free ACE sources for a bunch of it for free and onlinedegree for $9/course.

This is the link to the known sources of free credits:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(08-09-2018, 09:01 PM)MNomadic Wrote: I looked into it. Basically they encourage you to do some Saylor courses for some of the classes($25/course) and also use Saylor to study for some TECEPS($75/test for LL) but you would also have to pay for the cornerstone and capstone courses plus the residency waiver. So it ends up being pretty expensive for just an associates even if the individual classes are pretty cheap. You could of course use modern states/clep and the other free ACE sources for a bunch of it for free and onlinedegree for $9/course.

Thank you for the reply.  I re-looked at the requirements and I see what you are saying. I've been a lurker for awhile, so I've already taken the free sources which had I not already done so is great advice. Those onlinedegree courses are something. I am currently just testing out one just to see what it is like and that's about all I can say at the moment. I literally have 130 credits(no degree), but I have no idea what to do with them. Dodgy
(08-09-2018, 10:00 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(08-09-2018, 09:01 PM)MNomadic Wrote: I looked into it. Basically they encourage you to do some Saylor courses for some of the classes($25/course) and also use Saylor to study for some TECEPS($75/test for LL) but you would also have to pay for the cornerstone and capstone courses plus the residency waiver. So it ends up being pretty expensive for just an associates even if the individual classes are pretty cheap. You could of course use modern states/clep and the other free ACE sources for a bunch of it for free and onlinedegree for $9/course.

Thank you for the reply.  I re-looked at the requirements and I see what you are saying. I've been a lurker for awhile, so I've already taken the free sources which had I not already done so is great advice. Those onlinedegree courses are something. I am currently just testing out one just to see what it is like and that's about all I can say at the moment. I literally have 130 credits(no degree), but I have no idea what to do with them. Dodgy

Wow that's a lot of credits! Are they mostly from colleges, alternative course providers/CLEPs or both? If you post them, someone may be able to help you make a degree plan.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
(08-09-2018, 10:09 PM)MNomadic Wrote:

Wow that's a lot of credits! Are they mostly from colleges, alternative course providers/CLEPs or both? If you post them, someone may be able to help you make a degree plan.

(08-09-2018, 10:33 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(08-09-2018, 10:09 PM)MNomadic Wrote:

They're from all kinds of things. I have a thirst for learning so I randomly take classes and then at the same time I get bored. I'll post those in a bit.
Post your credits, we can help. Post by school (include whether it's a 2-yr or 4-yr school, and whether it's Quarter or Semester based), include course number, course name, number of credits, and grade if less than a C (it matters).

For example:

School A (4yr Semester based)
BIO-101 Intro to Biology 3
BIO-101L Bio Lab 1
MAT-100 College Algebra 3 C-

etc.

Also, the TESU Open Course program is pretty lame, I would certainly not use their guide.  But I'm glad it got you to us, we're much more helpful than that dumb guide.Big Grin
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa
I’m not sure why you’re looking for an Associate degree when you may be much closer to a Bachelor degree. If I would hazard a guess, I would think you have mainly all lower level courses. You may just require 15 UL and the Capstone for a degree if you’re looking at the BALS.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
As a side note: you've almost certainly got enough for an AAS or AA.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)
Here's everything I have completed I didn't add the Straighterline, Saylor, or OnlineDegree Courses I didn't finish yet.

JST: MILITARY TRAINING

J.SARGEANT REYNOLD'S: 22 SEMESTER CREDITS ( 2 YEAR COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
ENG 111: 3S-(A) COLLEGE COMPOSTION 1
ENG 112: 3S (A) COLLEGE COMPOSITION 2
ENG 217: 3S (B) POETRY WRITTING
SOC 200: 3S (B) INTRO TO SOCIOLOGY
NAS 150: 3S (B) HUMAN BIOLOGY
PSY 201: 3S (A) INTRO TO PSYCOLOGY
SDV 100: 1S © INTRO TO COLLEGE
MDL 105: 3S (B) PHLEBOTOMY

FEMA:

AMERICAN PUBLIC UNIVERSITY SYSTEMS: 3 SEMESTER CREDITS ( 4 YEAR)
LIT210: 3S © ENGLISH LITERATURE BEOWULF TO THE 18TH CENTURY

SOPHIA:
2 FREE COURSES (2 CR)

CAPELLA UNIVERSITY: 9 SEMESTER CREDITS ( 4 YEAR)
BUS3006: 6S (B) DEVELOPE A HEALTHCARE PERSSPECTIVE
BUS3012: 3S (B) FUNDAMENTALS OF LEADERSHIP
BUS3062: 3S (B) FUNDAMENTALS OF FINANCE

TEEX:
 CYBER 101/102/103 (6CR)

NFA:
SAFETY (1 CR)

INSTITUTES:
ETHICS (2CR)

RANDOM CREDITS THAT SOME SCHOOLS TAKE ( NOT ALL SCHOOLS TAKE OTHER VET COURSES CAPELLA DOES)

PENN FOSTER- VET PROGRAM - 22.50

(08-10-2018, 04:40 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I’m not sure why you’re looking for an Associate degree when you may be much closer to a Bachelor degree.  If I would hazard a guess, I would think you have mainly all lower level courses.  You may just require 15 UL and the Capstone for a degree if you’re looking at the BALS.
I don't know probably because I have a short attention span for things like school and if I have to do something for more than 2 or so years I get antsy and I can't focus beyond that. I know it's kinda weird Undecided
(08-10-2018, 01:43 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Here's everything I have completed I didn't add the Straighterline, Saylor, or OnlineDegree Courses I didn't finish yet.

JST: MILITARY TRAINING

J.SARGEANT REYNOLD'S: 22 SEMESTER CREDITS ( 2 YEAR COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
ENG 111: 3S-(A) COLLEGE COMPOSTION 1
ENG 112: 3S (A) COLLEGE COMPOSITION 2
ENG 217: 3S (B) POETRY WRITTING
SOC 200: 3S (B) INTRO TO SOCIOLOGY
NAS 150: 3S (B) HUMAN BIOLOGY
PSY 201: 3S (A) INTRO TO PSYCOLOGY
SDV 100: 1S © INTRO TO COLLEGE
MDL 105: 3S (B) PHLEBOTOMY

FEMA:

AMERICAN PUBLIC UNIVERSITY SYSTEMS: 3 SEMESTER CREDITS ( 4 YEAR)
LIT210: 3S © ENGLISH LITERATURE BEOWULF TO THE 18TH CENTURY

SOPHIA:
2 FREE COURSES (2 CR)

CAPELLA UNIVERSITY: 9 SEMESTER CREDITS ( 4 YEAR)
BUS3006: 6S (B) DEVELOPE A HEALTHCARE PERSSPECTIVE
BUS3012: 3S (B) FUNDAMENTALS OF LEADERSHIP
BUS3062: 3S (B) FUNDAMENTALS OF FINANCE

TEEX:
 CYBER 101/102/103 (6CR)

NFA:
SAFETY (1 CR)

INSTITUTES:
ETHICS (2CR)

RANDOM CREDITS THAT SOME SCHOOLS TAKE ( NOT ALL SCHOOLS TAKE OTHER VET COURSES CAPELLA DOES)

PENN FOSTER- VET PROGRAM - 22.50

(08-10-2018, 04:40 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I’m not sure why you’re looking for an Associate degree when you may be much closer to a Bachelor degree.  If I would hazard a guess, I would think you have mainly all lower level courses.  You may just require 15 UL and the Capstone for a degree if you’re looking at the BALS.
I don't know probably because I have a short attention span for things like school and if I have to do something for more than 2 or so years I get antsy and I can't focus beyond that. I know it's kinda weird Undecided

From what you've listed, it looks like you already have enough for the Pierpont BOG AAS, may need a math class. Not sure what your JST has but it may be applicable to a BS Technical Studies at TESU.

I would skip over an associates (or get 1 or 2 along the way) and just get a Bachelor's at TESU. I don't think it would take you 2 years. I think you could finish a capstone and any other requirements in under 6 months.

I recommend you go ahead and apply to TESU(and COSC/Excelsior if you want to see more options) and send them all of your transcripts(including JST). You can then explore the Online student services academic evaluation and the "what if" function to see how it all could apply to a BS in Liberal Studies, BS Technical Studies, or BS Business Administration then choose the path(or paths) of least resistance.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,976 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,203 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,104 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,639 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,731 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,342 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,590 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,374 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic