Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - Political Science
Good morning,
Has anyone completed a political science BA degree from TESU on here?   If so, can all but a few courses be tested out via study, Sl, etc?   I haven't heard anyone post on here about political science BA so i thought i would ask.   have a great monday all!
Since American Government and Comparative Politics are required in the major, I'm not sure what you'd use in the Civic Engagement portion to fulfill that - I guess you'd have to use one of the TESU courses listed.

I'm not sure where you'd get the following:
Political Theory/Process
International Relations

Then for the PoliSci electives, you'd have to take 2-3 CSU-Global CBE's. Depending on whether they would accept OnlineDegree.com's Intro to Public Health. Those are offset by the Saylor courses, and the ODC course, so that portion would be the same price as a normal degree (roughly $100 per course is what I look for).

Looks like you can get any courses you need at APU for $810 each, if you can't find someplace cheaper. You would have to take 3 courses there.

I show the degree, starting from scratch, to cost $2100 more than a normal degree (BALS or BSBA).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-23-2018, 01:43 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Since American Government and Comparative Politics are required in the major, I'm not sure what you'd use in the Civic Engagement portion to fulfill that - I guess you'd have to use one of the TESU courses listed.

I'm not sure where you'd get the following:
Political Theory/Process
International Relations

Then for the PoliSci electives, you'd have to take 2-3 CSU-Global CBE's. Depending on whether they would accept OnlineDegree.com's Intro to Public Health. Those are offset by the Saylor courses, and the ODC course, so that portion would be the same price as a normal degree (roughly $100 per course is what I look for).

Looks like you can get any courses you need at APU for $810 each, if you can't find someplace cheaper. You would have to take 3 courses there.

I show the degree, starting from scratch, to cost $2100 more than a normal degree (BALS or BSBA).

I appreciate your time and response as always!!
TESU offers international relations

i'm not sure about the political theory course either. i am interested in getting a political science BA from TESU. You can get Western Political Thought from Saylor, and Study.com offers 3 courses that count. There's a TECEP that will count too, but as far as I can tell that would leave you taking 3 courses or so from TESU directly. Not the end of the world by any means but not as easy as some other degree paths here
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

This is also one of the majors that interests me and that I've looked at. Decided against it because if I'm going to take extra classes through TESU there are a few I'd rather have personally, but here are some notes regarding it that I came up with while I was researching it:

- No international relations alt-credits that I'm aware of
- Not aware of any providers with UL in this department (maybe CSU Global CBEs? Not real familiar with those)
- As dfrecore pointed out, Civic Engagement would be tough to fill given that Comparative Politics and American Government are needed for the area of study
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 499 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 445 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 465 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 317 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,283 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 257 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,221 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 231 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 368 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 429 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az