Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Proof of completion question
I originally emailed TESU and I still have not heard anything back after 2 days. I am copying and pasting my email that I sent to them. If anyone can answer it then thank you. 

Hello,

I estimate that I will be done in mid February 2019 for an Associate Degree. After submitting transcripts and completing the corner stone would I be able to immediately get proof that I completed the requirements for my chosen degree? 

My question basically is this, will I have to wait until June of 2019 to get a copy of my diploma or will one be made available when I am done with everything in February 2019? 
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
Your diploma won't be available until your graduation date, but they can provide a letter confirming that you have met all requirements for graduation that indicates when your degree will be conferred.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 2 users Like jsd's post:
  • AwardTour, leland.kirk
(10-02-2018, 10:15 AM)jsd Wrote: Your diploma won't be available until your graduation date, but they can provide a letter confirming that you have met all requirements for graduation that indicates when your degree will be conferred.

Thanks.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
But that won't come until after they've audited your credits, likely in mid May.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(10-02-2018, 09:59 AM)AwardTour Wrote: I originally emailed TESU and I still have not heard anything back after 2 days. I am copying and pasting my email that I sent to them. If anyone can answer it then thank you. 

Hello,

I estimate that I will be done in mid February 2019 for an Associate Degree. After submitting transcripts and completing the corner stone would I be able to immediately get proof that I completed the requirements for my chosen degree? 

My question basically is this, will I have to wait until June of 2019 to get a copy of my diploma or will one be made available when I am done with everything in February 2019? 

This doesn't really answer the question but, why not apply for March graduation? If you're not done by then it will just roll into June. - https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(10-02-2018, 03:01 PM)allvia Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 09:59 AM)AwardTour Wrote: I originally emailed TESU and I still have not heard anything back after 2 days. I am copying and pasting my email that I sent to them. If anyone can answer it then thank you. 

Hello,

This doesn't really answer the question but, why not apply for March graduation? If you're not done by then it will just roll into June. - https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation
UPDATE: See last post.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
(10-02-2018, 04:02 PM)AwardTour Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 03:01 PM)allvia Wrote:

Hello,

I would have to be done and have everything submitted by January 1st to make March graduation. I estimate that I will be done as I said by mid February at best.

No, you don't have to be done by Jan 1st, you just have to apply for March graduation by then. Yes, they would prefer you be ready to go, but if you're really close, as long as TESU is aware of your schedule, and everything is submitted with enough time for them to verify (which usually means a month ahead, or Feb 1st, but I've heard of that being two weeks or less) you can still graduate. Either way it isn't a big deal since if you miss the deadline, you'll get bumped to June anyway.

In fact, I'll be doing this as well since I'm planning a March graduation. I plan to have all my alt. credits complete and submitted to TESU before the end of December (hopefully earlier) so they have plenty of time to evaluate everything, but the Nov. capstone isn't final until the last week of January. As long as I get my alt. credits in by the end of January it probably will be fine.

So, if you need to push into February, you'd need to coordinate with advising to make sure they are aware that you'll be cutting it close. That may be too close depending on the coursework, but if you're that close, perhaps you could push a bit to get everything done a couple weeks earlier?
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
This is the official response I just got from TESU:

In order to graduate in March, you would have to apply by January 1st and everything would need to be here by February 1st. Otherwise it would be for the June graduation. 

Steve Krecicki
Graduation Office

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
(10-02-2018, 04:34 PM)AwardTour Wrote: This is the official response I just got from TESU:

In order to graduate in March, you would have to apply by January 1st and everything would need to be here by February 1st. Otherwise it would be for the June graduation. 

Steve Krecicki
Graduation Office

Yeah, that is pretty much the same as what I said, but without the allowance for any minor slips (which are situational at best).

If you don't think there is any way you can push yourself to get the work completed and submitted by Feb 1st, then yeah June is probably your best bet anyway. Given you're sitting at 14 of 60 credits complete per your signature, you'd need to complete 46 credits in the next 4 months, which is 11.5 credits per month. That's the equivalent of 4 courses per month. Which is pretty aggressive. I'm currently doing between 3-5 courses per month and its rough. If you push out to June, that gives you 3 more months and reduces the requirements to 7 credits per month, or 2 courses per month, which is a much easier pace.

But as others have said, TESU cannot verify your eligibility to graduate officially until the audit is complete, which is normally done about a month before graduation.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(10-02-2018, 04:49 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(10-02-2018, 04:34 PM)AwardTour Wrote: This is the official response I just got from TESU:

Steve Krecicki
Graduation Office

Yeah, that is pretty much the same as what I said, but without the allowance for any minor slips (which are situational at best).

If you don't think there is any way you can push yourself to get the work completed and submitted by Feb 1st, then yeah June is probably your best bet anyway.

But as others have said, they cannot verify your eligibility to graduate officially until the audit is complete, which is normally done about a month before graduation.

That is what I have estimated based on my current pace. Maybe I can find a way to speed thing up by 2 to 3 weeks. It will be tough. I just want to knock out the corner stone before the changes take place. I still do not know all of the details around the corner stone change and I will need to read up on the other threads. I don't think I will be impacted by it if I can maintain my current plan.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 786 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,988 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Quick question about MAN-3760 & MAN-3730 jg_nuy 7 480 03-20-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 266 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 26 2,050 03-01-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,164 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP