Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - ALEKS intermediate algebra fulfill quant lit?
Quick question regarding the classes that can fulfill the MAT-121 quantitative literacy at TESU. 
Would ALEKS intermediate algebra fulfill this requirement for the BALS degree? 

Going by some old threads, it looks like it did at one point but then it wasn't renewed. But it shows up in ACE right now, so I'm hoping someone can confirm. 
As a highly math-phobic person it would be great if it was, but I couldn't find any up to date info 

Thank you!
(03-18-2020, 01:18 AM)mariorun Wrote: Quick question regarding the classes that can fulfill the MAT-121 quantitative literacy at TESU. 

Going by some old threads, it looks like it did at one point but then it wasn't renewed. But it shows up in ACE right now, so I'm hoping someone can confirm. 
As a highly math-phobic person it would be great if it was, but I couldn't find any up to date info 

Thank you!
The ending date is what you want to look at. The intermediate algebra stopped being eligible for credit if you took it after 31 Aug 2017.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

mario, run, don't walk... if you are adverse to math or math-phobic, don't even look at ALEKS for Intermediate Algebra.  That has expired as mentioned by royisagirl.  I wouldn't suggest taking ALEKS College Algebra unless you were still interested in the BSBA CIS option.  I assume because math is not your forte, you're changing to this BALS degree as a "check the box" option.

When did you decide on changing that BSBA CIS to the BSIT and now the BALS?  This is what I would suggest, instead of the BALS with no concentration, since your first choice was the BSBA CIS, continue with that BSBA CIS.  You just need ALEKS College Algebra for the math requirement, and CSMLearn for the Stats requirement.

Note: If you are just going to continue with the BALS, then either CSMLearn $39 or the ALEKS College Algebra $20/month will work. Basically neither course is proctored, but the ALEKS course now has a web browser lock feature when you do your exams or assessments.  If you still have access to a CLEP location (if it's not closed because of the virus), you can CLEP the math requirement FREE.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If you're getting a BALS at TESU, you can use practically any college-level math course to fulfill Quant Lit. So I suggest College Math or Applied Liberal Arts Math.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-18-2020, 05:33 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 01:18 AM)mariorun Wrote: Quick question regarding the classes that can fulfill the MAT-121 quantitative literacy at TESU. 

Thank you!
The ending date is what you want to look at. The intermediate algebra stopped being eligible for credit if you took it after 31 Aug 2017.

Thanks for the information!

(03-18-2020, 11:26 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:  I assume because math is not your forte, you're changing to this BALS degree as a "check the box" option.

You guessed it! That was the primary reason I switched (quite a while back). The other was just due to time constraints and the BSBA is simply quicker for me. I just need a check-box for now. Unfortunately, nearly everything is closed where I live due to the virus so I'll look into the online options.

(03-18-2020, 12:28 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If you're getting a BALS at TESU, you can use practically any college-level math course to fulfill Quant Lit.  So I suggest College Math or Applied Liberal Arts Math.

Thank you for the suggestions! I'll check them out

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 3 69 Today, 12:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 753 Yesterday, 09:06 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 228 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,616 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 638 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 568 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 287 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,337 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 256 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 425 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM