Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU/Study.com: EDU-103/EDU-319...?
They have a rather quixotic list of very specific courses that will count for Professional Studies and Supportive Professional Studies, so it was somewhat difficult to figure out what exactly you could take more cheaply than a TESU course. On the bright side, this is the one instance I can think of in which you can use that Study Personal Finance course toward an actual major, so woohoo for that. Smile
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
And paging Study.com: If you added one more education class, people would not have to take the UExcel Literacy Instruction in the Elementary School at all for the BSPS. They could take entirely Study classes for that component. If you made the topic something besides Literacy, you would create a Study-ful Area of Focus in Education for a BSLA from Excelsior (21 hours, the 6 upper level would come from the UExcel).
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
KayV Wrote:And paging Study.com: If you added one more education class, people would not have to take the UExcel Literacy Instruction in the Elementary School at all for the BSPS. They could take entirely Study classes for that component. If you made the topic something besides Literacy, you would create a Study-ful Area of Focus in Education for a BSLA from Excelsior (21 hours, the 6 upper level would come from the UExcel).

Thanks for the info, KayV! We are actually working on providing more education courses for credit at this moment Smile. We hope to have them available for credit soon.

-The Study.com Team
Wow, talk about service! Wink
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
Now, if only someone from TESU would start paying attention to us, they might fix some of their issues... Or maybe they would put stricter rules in place, who knows.

Glad someone from Study.com is paying attention though, and I hope they're getting good business from this forum because of it!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Education 101: Foundations of Education = TESU EDU-102: Foundations of Education 3
Education 103: Classroom Management = TESU EDU-319: Classroom Management Techniques 3
Education 104: Differentiated Instruction = TESU EDU-299: Special Topics in Education 3
Education 105: Special Education History & Law = TESU SPE-200: Introduction to Special Education 3

I'm wanting to take some of these education courses for a few of my remaining free electives. None of these will overlap at TESU right?
They should not duplicate, since they have different prefixes. Since you are planning on using them for free electives, you should be fine.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
KayV Wrote:They should not duplicate, since they have different prefixes. Since you are planning on using them for free electives, you should be fine.

Thanks for your help!
This is a detour but I was curious if anyone has taken the following courses through Study.com and transferred them to WGU?

Educational Psychology
Education 103: Classroom Management
Education 104: Differentiated Instruction

I have emailed my enrollment counselor but haven't received a reply yet. So far, I have been told I can't transfer any statistics courses or even the Calculus CLEP into my program. So I am a little disappointed in their transfer credit. But I haven't had a transcript evaluation yet so I guess its not over!
CLEP:College Comp. w/essay, A & I Lit. w/essay, College Algebra, US History 1 & 2, Biology, Human Growth & Development   DSST: Foundations of Edu.  TEEX: Cyber Security 101 & 301 Sophia: Developing Effective Teams The Institutes: Ethics & CPCU Prof. Code.

Straighterline: Intro to Religion, Intro to Com., Western Civ. 1& 2, American Gov, PreCalculus, Intro to Bio Lab

Study.com: Personal Finance, Edu. Psychology, Classroom Management, Special Edu. History & Law, Geology, Civil War & Reconstruction, History of the Vietnam War

2018 WGU BA Mathematics Education (5-9 licensure)

Current Work: VIPKID ESL Teacher and Substitute Teacher

teacher2 Wrote:This is a detour but I was curious if anyone has taken the following courses through Study.com and transferred them to WGU?

Educational Psychology
Education 103: Classroom Management
Education 104: Differentiated Instruction

I have emailed my enrollment counselor but haven't received a reply yet. So far, I have been told I can't transfer any statistics courses or even the Calculus CLEP into my program. So I am a little disappointed in their transfer credit. But I haven't had a transcript evaluation yet so I guess its not over!

Has anyone been able to transfer these courses to WGU? I have inquired with my enrollment counsellor several times but they appear to be dragging their feet on this. Also has anyone taken these courses and compared to the Educational Psychology Clep test is this program a easier option?
CLEP:College Comp. w/essay, A & I Lit. w/essay, College Algebra, US History 1 & 2, Biology, Human Growth & Development   DSST: Foundations of Edu.  TEEX: Cyber Security 101 & 301 Sophia: Developing Effective Teams The Institutes: Ethics & CPCU Prof. Code.

Straighterline: Intro to Religion, Intro to Com., Western Civ. 1& 2, American Gov, PreCalculus, Intro to Bio Lab

Study.com: Personal Finance, Edu. Psychology, Classroom Management, Special Edu. History & Law, Geology, Civil War & Reconstruction, History of the Vietnam War

2018 WGU BA Mathematics Education (5-9 licensure)

Current Work: VIPKID ESL Teacher and Substitute Teacher

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,382 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,493 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,777 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 281 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 612 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 328 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,815 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 553 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue