Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU: Study.com alternates?
I forgot about CIS Testing. I need to add them to the wiki. They have several UL Psych courses that one can take instead of the courses from Coopersmith or Study.com. https://cistesting.org/psychology-and-sociology/ You would simply need to confirm with TESU that they are actually accepted as UL courses.

For information on how CIS Testing works, check out this thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Directory It's $150 per course + $15 exam fee.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
@waterv1, it's a toss up still, I would say 50/50 that you'll continue with TESU or another option for you is UMPI.  If you are alright with short-form, you can see if UMPI can support your learning style or what your ADA requirements are.  I highly recommend doing an evaluation for yourself to see if TESU/UMPI or another competency based degree provider would work.  There are so many providers from public/state offerings to private offerings such as SNHU to Walden, etc.  

TESU accepts NCCRS credits, you can get a BA Psychology and use 30 "education" credits from study.com and Genesis University (Nationally Accredited but have NCCRS courses), so you'll have a BA Psych, and you have 30 free electives or "Education" type courses.  UMPI has an option for you, the BLS with Education Minor, or Walden program here: https://www.waldenu.edu/online-bachelors...o-learning

My suggestion, email *ALL* schools that interest you about their ADA requirements, some have very helpful teams that will assist with students that have known disabilities and try to arrange offerings or comparable classes, and they're here to help you through each step of the way towards that goal post...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I would not recommend UMPI at all. Firstly, it doesn't have the desired degree. Secondly, it's pretty much ALL essays.

Excelsior might be an option, though. Excelsior has a Psych degree and I think you can get almost everything through Coopersmith.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 194 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 185 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 382 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 453 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 1,015 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 779 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 225 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,377 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Course/Degree Planning - Liberal Studies, BA - TESU drp16 4 442 01-31-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: drp16
Question My degree plan for TESU BA in CS; thoughts/recs? bruh 65 6,213 01-11-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77