Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU UL course options
I'm working on BALS at TESU and I'm trying to determine my options for the 15 UL credits needed in Liberal Studies. So far, this is what I've found to choose from:

Study.com:
HIS 308 = HIS 351 A History of Vietnam War
HIS 311 = HIS 354 The Holocaust I
HIS 306 = HIS 450 The American Civil War Era
SOC 305 = SOC 362 Sociology of Work
PSY 310 = PSY 352 Psychology of Personality
CJ 305 = AOJ 364 Juvenile Justice Process
BUS 313 = COM 391 Organizational Communication

I've seen this one suggested but I'm not sure because it transfers as a Management course, so would it count as Liberal Studies?
BUS 305 = MAN 376 Leadership Communication

Does this list look correct? Also, do you know any other Liberal Studies UL course options? Thanks!
[-] The following 2 users Like ldmoose's post:
  • icy, letterchaser202
There are so many.

From study.com:

UL ENG Tech writing
Any UL CIS/COS from study.com might work (get approval first)
Historical Methods
PSY 360 Org Theory
man 376 leadership com (should work get approval) I'm pretty sure this counted when I was a TESU liberal studies major
Man 373 managerial com (should work get approval)
PHI-400 Managerial ethics (get approved first)
Non Western Literature
History systems of Pysch
I/O pysch

Also remember that study.com courses have essays and projects and might not be everyone's cup of tea. If you are looking for something not requiring lengthy essays or projects:

-Any 300/400 level TECEP besides business and CMPT ones. (except some business like marketing comm could work)
-Tons of options from Coopersmith most UL non-business ones could work.

and then of course if you have any credit that is UL from a University that is in a liberal studies area that could work as well.

Always get approval first. When you figured out what you want to do e-mail advising first to make sure it works before buying a course.

And if you are doing a concentration like Humanities, Social Sci, or NatSci then make sure at least 9 credits out of the 15UL you choose are in that area (hum/ss/nat sci)
TEEX Death Investigation should be at the top of your list for both price and quickness in which you can complete it. Another provider is Coopersmith CC is about double the price vs study.com but would be much quicker and it's only a test as opposed to quizzes, assignment, then the final. I highly recommend Coopersmith which is gaining some traction on the board but is best used with TESU.

For Coopersmith I took

Drugs, Society and Human Behavior (PSY 305)
Substance Abuse Counseling (PSY 320)
Foundations of Stress Management (PSY-310)
Sport and Exercise Psychology (PSY-318)

Edit: to add to my post these specific UL were all of the ones I took for the BALS Social Sciences concentration.
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
(05-08-2020, 11:14 AM)darthweezy Wrote: TEEX Death Investigation should be at the top of your list for both price and quickness in which you can complete it. Another provider is Coopersmith CC is about double the price vs study.com but would be much quicker and it's only a test as opposed to quizzes, assignment, then the final. I highly recommend Coopersmith which is gaining some traction on the board but is best used with TESU.

For Coopersmith I took

Edit: to add to my post these specific UL were all of the ones I took for the BALS Social Sciences concentration.

Awesome info -- thank you!

I'd actually rather write a paper than take a high-stakes exam, which is why Study.com appeals to me. But I'll definitely look into Coopersmith. All the courses you listed sound interesting to me.

(05-08-2020, 10:32 AM)natshar Wrote: There are so many.

From study.com:

UL ENG Tech writing
Historical Methods
PSY 360 Org Theory
man 376 leadership com (should work get approval) I'm pretty sure this counted when I was a TESU liberal studies major
Non Western Literature
History systems of Pysch
I/O pysch

Also remember that study.com courses have essays and projects and might not be everyone's cup of tea. If you are looking for something not requiring lengthy essays or projects:

-Any 300/400 level TECEP besides business and CMPT ones. (except some business like marketing comm could work)

and then of course if you have any credit that is UL from a University that is in a liberal studies area that could work as well.

Always get approval first. When you figured out what you want to do e-mail advising first to make sure it works before buying a course.

And if you are doing a concentration like Humanities, Social Sci, or NatSci then make sure at least 9 credits out of the 15UL you choose are in that area (hum/ss/nat sci)
Thank you for the info about getting approval -- I wasn't sure how that works. I'm still waiting for my complete evaluation so I'll know for sure where all my credits will place, but I feel like I have a very good idea based upon what I've learned on this site. And I don't have any UL credits yet, so that area is wide open.
(05-08-2020, 02:33 PM)ldmoose Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 11:14 AM)darthweezy Wrote: TEEX Death Investigation should be at the top of your list for both price and quickness in which you can complete it. Another provider is Coopersmith CC is about double the price vs study.com but would be much quicker and it's only a test as opposed to quizzes, assignment, then the final. I highly recommend Coopersmith which is gaining some traction on the board but is best used with TESU.

For Coopersmith I took

I'd actually rather write a paper than take a high-stakes exam, which is why Study.com appeals to me. But I'll definitely look into Coopersmith. All the courses you listed sound interesting to me.

From study.com:

UL ENG Tech writing
Historical Methods
PSY 360 Org Theory
Non Western Literature
History systems of Pysch
I/O pysch

Thank you for the info about getting approval -- I wasn't sure how that works. I'm still waiting for my complete evaluation so I'll know for sure where all my credits will place, but I feel like I have a very good idea based upon what I've learned on this site. And I don't have any UL credits yet, so that area is wide open.

Just e-mail TESU advising saying:

"I want to take the following courses for my upper level area of study. If they will not count towards this area please let me know and I will find something else. 

xxxx course
xxxx course.... etc."

And if you have a concentration e-mail them and let them know to add the concentration as well. If you are wide open you could easily do a Social Science or Humanities concentration easily. For the concentration, you need 18 credits of that thing total (hum, ss, etc.) and at least 9 of them being UL. the other 9 could be ll.

I think to do all these things you have to be an enrolled student. If you don't want to do cap or cornerstone yet. One way you could do this taking a UL tecep to choose one on a subject you could easily pass get 3UL out the way. Note this is slightly more money than study.com but it could be quicker and locks at a catalog. your choice'

Study.com isn't just a paper though. It's a paper and exam you have to do both.

For Coopersmith I took

I found the TEEX Death Investigation course you recommended, but there's not much info about the course format. Is the final proctored? If so, who is their proctor service? I'm not a ProctorU fan so I avoid when possible.

Also, is the course gory? I know that's a stupid question but if it involves a great deal of graphic photos or videos, it might not be a good choice for me. Thank you!
(05-08-2020, 03:10 PM)ldmoose Wrote: I found the TEEX Death Investigation course you recommended, but there's not much info about the course format. Is the final proctored? If so, who is their proctor service? I'm not a ProctorU fan so I avoid when possible.

Also, is the course gory? I know that's a stupid question but if it involves a great deal of graphic photos or videos, it might not be a good choice for me. Thank you!

Like many of the courses on TEEX online, it is not proctored final exam.so no dealing with proctorU or other web cam needed. It was not super gory, but I chose to cover up the screen with scrap paper over a few photos so I could read the rest of the material on the screen and not focus on the pic. That was just a few photos and it was similar to watching a tv show like ncis in terms of gory. just enough to say ewww and then move on. I don't remember any videos. I was able to get through it.
Format was take a pre test, read through the modules, take post test. I enjoyed this one. and it was given UL credit on tesu area of study bals for me within last couple of month.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • Muldoon
(05-08-2020, 03:49 PM)P226mem Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 03:10 PM)ldmoose Wrote: I found the TEEX Death Investigation course you recommended, but there's not much info about the course format. Is the final proctored? If so, who is their proctor service? I'm not a ProctorU fan so I avoid when possible.

Like many of the courses on TEEX online, it is not proctored final exam.so no dealing with proctorU or other web cam needed.  It was not super gory, but I chose to cover up the screen with scrap paper over a few photos so I could read the rest of the material on the screen and not focus on the pic.  That was just a few photos and it was similar to watching a tv show like ncis in terms of gory.  just enough to say ewww and then move on.  I don't remember any videos.  I was able to get through it.
Format was take a pre test, read through the modules, take post test.   I enjoyed this one. and it was given UL credit on tesu area of study bals for me within last couple of month.
Thank you! I'm definitely adding this to my plan.

(05-08-2020, 02:54 PM)natshar Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 02:33 PM)ldmoose Wrote:

For Coopersmith I took

From study.com:

UL ENG Tech writing
Historical Methods
PSY 360 Org Theory
Non Western Literature
History systems of Pysch
I/O pysch

Just e-mail TESU advising saying:

"I want to take the following courses for my upper level area of study. If they will not count towards this area please let me know and I will find something else. 

xxxx course
xxxx course.... etc."

And if you have a concentration e-mail them and let them know to add the concentration as well. If you are wide open you could easily do a Social Science or Humanities concentration easily. For the concentration, you need 18 credits of that thing total (hum, ss, etc.) and at least 9 of them being UL. the other 9 could be ll.

I think to do all these things you have to be an enrolled student. If you don't want to do cap or cornerstone yet. One way you could do this taking a UL tecep to choose one on a subject you could easily pass get 3UL out the way. Note this is slightly more money than study.com but it could be quicker and locks at a catalog. your choice'

Study.com isn't just a paper though. It's a paper and exam you have to do both.
Thank you so much! Great info.
Sorry I posted wrong information. Delete.
BABA, New England College, 2019
(05-09-2020, 05:08 AM)harrypotter Wrote:

Some Coopersmith courses have assignments. I bought the study guide for an upper level psychology course. There were 2 papers required to be submitted before taking the final exam.
Ahhh I didnt know that. With the ones I listed there aren't any, however one of the tests does have a few written responses instead of multiple choice.
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,313 6 hours ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 525 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 453 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 477 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 278 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27