Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Upper level credits question
I’m interested in a liberal arts degree through TESU. Would I be correct in thinking I only need 15 upper level credits? Looking at their website under the distribution it says at least 15 credits at 300/400 level. Also does anyone know if US history counts for civic engagement or do I need to take government? I’ve already done US History 1 & 2 is why I’m asking.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
(07-07-2020, 06:29 PM)Cammilynn Wrote: I’m interested in a liberal arts degree through TESU. Would I be correct in thinking I only need 15 upper level credits? Looking at their website under the distribution it says at least 15 credits at 300/400 level. Also does anyone know if US history counts for civic engagement or do I need to take government? I’ve already done US History 1 & 2 is why I’m asking.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

nah you would need American government for that I would recommend the clep for it, especially if you taken us history you should have a pretty good idea how the government works.  You are correct with the 15 credits because technically you need 18 but the capstone is the extra 3 upper level credits.
Thanks so much! Thanks awesome. I was looking a excelsior and they require 30 upper levels I think. I just wanted to make sure. I actually have a CLEP voucher for government, was prepared to take it in March and the day I went in they had just closed up for Covid. Drove to another site and they were closed too. Both are still closed, so I’m still waiting, but will have to brush up again

It may be months before CLEP facilities open. I'm honestly not counting on them reopening until next year where I live. Here they're located at colleges and well those aren't open to paying students let alone the general public right now. StraighterLiner has American Government. Just something to think about. Saylor has it as well so it would be free plus the proctoring fee.

Oh and your uppers you can look at Study.com for. I'm not sure if you want to focus on any specific area, but they have many UL courses.
I’m thinking the same thing about the CLEP facilities. My voucher expires early September. If they haven’t opened by then I’ll check out the places you mentioned. I’m browsing Study.com now trying to figure out which upper levels I’ll need. Thanks so much for the info.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Cammilynn's post:
  • ss20ts
(07-07-2020, 10:00 PM)Cammilynn Wrote: I’m thinking the same thing about the CLEP facilities. My voucher expires early September. If they haven’t opened by then I’ll check out the places you mentioned. I’m browsing Study.com now trying to figure out which upper levels I’ll need. Thanks so much for the info.

Good luck!  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Cammilynn
InstantCert also has American Government available.
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Cammilynn, ms_butterfly
Take AG through InstantCert, it's only $20 + $15 proctor fee (I think). Worth not having to go to a CLEP center.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Cammilynn
Am I right in thinking if you have a Modern States voucher, they will issue you a replacement with a new date (extension)?

You said voucher - I wasn't sure if you meant Modern States.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clepper43's post:
  • Cammilynn
You don't actually have to take a government class. It's the most available option in the alt credit ecosystem so that's why it's recommended almost all the time. Saylor has a political science course that transfers to TESU as POLI SCI 282 which will fulfill the civic engagement requirement because it's a course listed under the civic engagement section of TESU's general ed guide.

https://www.saylor.org/partners/credit-p...r-partner/
https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2...Leadership
BABA, New England College, 2019
[-] The following 1 user Likes harrypotter's post:
  • Cammilynn

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 1 18 26 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  question on Ohio University accepting Sophia credits EducationSeeker 2 75 43 minutes ago
Last Post: bluebooger
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 72 Yesterday, 12:53 PM
  BS IT - TESU or Purdue ChickenEnjoyer 1 62 Yesterday, 11:36 AM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 115 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
  New Member with a UMPI Question colonelcamp 13 432 04-19-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 248 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 204 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 39 2,382 04-07-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: layermonkey
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 411 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM