Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU (and, probably others) Transcript
So

I'm applying for jobs and stuff and things. You can send a screenshot of your courses initially, but some of the places want a real transcript.

Since I didn't see an applicable thread, thought I'd share my experience...

TESU does not handle the front end. You have to go to the National Student Clearinghouse, which sounds official and governmenty, but I assume it's just another company.  Here's the link: https://www.transcriptservices.org/

(You apparently can verify a degree and some other stuff there, too, but I didn't try any of that.)

You go through some steps drilling down your school and your ID stuff. It takes a little while, and you actually have to digitally sign one part of it. (shrugs)

I want to say two certified, sealed transcripts mailed to me was just under $30.

It didn't take too long to ship (ordered at night on the 8th, arrived today the 12th).

Was no special handling, two letter sized envelopes in a small manila envelope dumped in the mailbox. (So, if you're worried about hanging around to sign for them, at least in my case, this time, don't. lol)

Funny though, they came directly from TESU, so I really don't understand why they farmed the front end out. (shrugs).

Anyway, that's my story. I drug my feet because I thought it would be a pain. It really relatively speaking wasn't.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

[-] The following 1 user Likes High_Order1's post:
  • acamp
Many of my community colleges also use the National Student Clearinghouse.  I agree its a PITA but THEY must think it is cheaper.  I like the pdf option (official ACE transcript) that comes the next day, but again only some have it.  JST is pdf in a minute and FREE.  

I do prefer to order the official transcript directly from the college.  
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

In the interest of saving money, everything is always outsourced now. Even though a simple transcript service like this can (and should) be done much more efficiently and cheaply in house...
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Last year when I ordered my 5 school transcripts for WVNCC, 2 used Student Clearinghouse, and 3 used Credential Solutions. When I ordered my husband's 3 school transcripts for my husband to WGU, 1 used Student Clearinghouse, 1 used Credential Solutions, and 1 used eScrip-Safe.

I can see how electronic transcripts are cheaper to process than paper (obviously), but I can't quite figure out why it would be cheaper to outsource the entire transcript process. My thinking is it's not really "outsourced" but rather a software solution that each school purchases and the actual process is done in-house, but is just standardized by the software. Kind of like if you bought something at a store - the purchase is done in-store, but the register/in-house inventory system was purchased by the store. The main difference is that normally when you buy something at a store, the store name is at the top of the receipt: when you "purchase" a transcript, the software company name is at the top of the receipt.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • jsd, Life Long Learning

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I sure hope TESU advising is having a good break, because they are going to freak... eriehiker 15 3,557 01-11-2018, 08:47 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  TESU Haiku High_Order1 2 1,278 01-04-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: RANSOMSOUL
  TESU Mobile App Now Available for Students mvk 0 1,244 11-28-2017, 10:37 AM
Last Post: mvk
  Transcript Question Regards 4 1,790 11-24-2017, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  HomeSchool HighSchool Transcript Template bjcheung77 7 2,169 06-15-2017, 11:03 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  Why does TESU charge a residency waiver fee? yb1 15 4,238 12-14-2016, 06:47 PM
Last Post: alzee
  USAJOBS and TESU Transcript Issue yb1 9 2,240 09-29-2016, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Jehan48
  one of us in Summer 2016 TESU Invention mag cookderosa 24 3,418 07-30-2016, 11:04 AM
Last Post: cookderosa