Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HomeSchool HighSchool Transcript Template
Hello Everyone. Just wondering if anyone has a generic/simple template available. Thanks,

If not, i'll search for a free one online. I am thinking of creating my own, but it's easier this way.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:Hello Everyone. Just wondering if anyone has a generic/simple template available. Thanks,

If not, i'll search for a free one online. I am thinking of creating my own, but it's easier this way.

Bj- can you be more specific? I probably can help you.
cookderosa Wrote:Bj- can you be more specific? I probably can help you.

I am looking for an excel or word template where it can be used to enter in a transcript of courses the student has completed.
A page or two template would work, it should allow 4 years worth of courses from grades 9-12 and lists three items.

Basically the course, letter grade or GPA and the credits earned for high school. Something along those lines...
I'm wanting to get one done for my niece and nephew, they're starting high school and will be homeschooling.

bjcheung77 Wrote:I am looking for an excel or word template where it can be used to enter in a transcript of courses the student has completed.
A page or two template would work, it should allow 4 years worth of courses from grades 9-12 and lists three items.

Basically the course, letter grade or GPA and the credits earned for high school. Something along those lines...
I'm wanting to get one done for my niece and nephew, they're starting high school and will be homeschooling.

Oh! You will get more success by googling "high school transcript template" but I can still help you lol.
My public answer is that you first want to check to see if your state has graduation requirements. You can do that here: http://www.hslda.org
If your state (use the pictorial map in the bottom right) is not green, then you do and will want to proceed carefully so all the state's requirements are met. This is important because college and career positions that ask for a high school transcript will check for compliance, and they'll want to be able to proceed with confidence.
If your state is red, it is my strongest recommendation that your family joins HSLDA as a member (it's cheap- about $100 per year) and you'll have their full legal team on retainer. It's great if you never need them, but they'll hold your hand if you do- they also will help you with paperwork, etc. We have been members for 20 years, I wouldn't homeschool without them. Just because you're following the law, doesn't mean that everyone else knows that. They frequently do go to bat with businesses and colleges that do not consider a homeschool diploma valid- end of my PSA, but it's worth considering.
Next, for comparison purposes, check your state's public high school template. This is good because public colleges in your state will probably use this as their control to measure an applicant's qualifications. For instance, in NC, you'll see colleges ask for "Math 1, 2 and 3" which wouldn't make any sense to someone in another state- it's a specific math to our state. So, if my kids were applying to a local state college, I'd use those titles instead of Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and Geometry. (or at least have an alternate version)
Finally, you can buy software template programs, but I made mine in Word (and Open Office before I had Word). It won't have functions in the tables, but you're going to be doing only limited calculation, so I promise it is very doable.
Finally, it's the homeschool administrator who must sign the document at the end of the year, so you'll want their parent/guardian to do that.
Now, separately, I'm going to send you a pm. Smile
This online transcript creator makes a nice simple transcript: How To Home School Today | Transcript Creator
You can't save your work. If you need to make any changes, you will have to start over and create a new one. But you can save it to a pdf file.

I've attached an XLS file I got from a mom that created a transcript to comply with NCAA requirements. The formulas aren't working to calculate GPA but that is an easy fix.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">Transcript sample.xlsx (Size: 58.16 KB / Downloads: 3)
n2yoga Wrote:This online transcript creator makes a nice simple transcript: How To Home School Today | Transcript Creator
You can't save your work. If you need to make any changes, you will have to start over and create a new one. But you can save it to a pdf file.

I've attached an XLS file I got from a mom that created a transcript to comply with NCAA requirements. The formulas aren't working to calculate GPA but that is an easy fix.

n2 - that is a FANTASTIC calculator! I love it, thanks for sharing it.
n2yoga Wrote:This online transcript creator makes a nice simple transcript: How To Home School Today | Transcript Creator

Thanks, I've downloaded it, i'll check it out...

I just used HSLDA's samples to make one:
https://www.hslda.org/highschool/academi...ranscripts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU (and, probably others) Transcript High_Order1 3 1,121 05-13-2018, 12:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Transcript Question Regards 4 1,790 11-24-2017, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  homeschool resources for middle schooler with dyslexia & memory problems rvm 17 3,931 04-18-2017, 12:43 PM
Last Post: originalamyj
  USAJOBS and TESU Transcript Issue yb1 9 2,240 09-29-2016, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Jehan48
  calling Homeschool families cookderosa 49 5,778 08-30-2014, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Westerner
  homeschool teens and parents wanted! cookderosa 1 738 07-26-2014, 12:53 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  virtual study group for homeschool parents cookderosa 6 1,296 01-21-2014, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Julie S.
  Ron Paul Launches Homeschool Curriculum namwen 30 3,137 09-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Last Post: namwen
  Grant Legal Status to Romeikes-Homeschool Petition TayTay 17 2,555 04-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Homeschool 4th Grade Curriculum Questions... mrs.b 21 2,453 04-13-2013, 02:07 PM
Last Post: mrs.b