• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ron Paul Launches Homeschool Curriculum
:hurray:

Stick it public school!

RonPaulCurriculum.com
Texas A&M - Commerce - BAAS summer 2023
California Coast University - BSBA 2008

<-- off to read eagerly
Watching some of those videos gets me really siked!
Texas A&M - Commerce - BAAS summer 2023
California Coast University - BSBA 2008

BENEFITS AND COSTS A Curriculum Like No Other

"Full-year courses will begin on September 2, 2013. Not before. (Please don't write and ask for August 29. Or August 15. Or July 4. It's September 2.)" sarcasm? lol
Aimée
Goal: BA in Liberal Arts and ASBA in Business Administration @ TESC
In progress:
Liberal Capstone (finishing Dec 2014)
Clep Marketing (Sched 11/7)
DSST Ethics in America (Sched 11/7)

Completed:
CLEP 12: Eng Comp; Computer Applications
Straighterline 81 credits, 27 classes: Accounting 1 & 2; Anatomy & Physiology 1 & 2: Business Communications; Business Ethics; Business Law; Anthropology; Economics 1 & 2; Biology; Business; Environmental Sciences; Nutrition; Philosophy; Religions; Sociology; Organizational Behavior; Principles Management; US History 1 & 2; Western Civilization 1 & 2; Microbiology; Medical Terminology; Psychology; Criminal Justice
TEEX 6 credits: ALL
ALEKS 12/18 credits: Inter & Col Algebra; PreCalculus; all 3 statistics
BM 13: ENG 1, Legal Terminology, Stategic Thinking, Info Lit
FEMA 30 credits: completed in 2012 and 2013 ( too bad they won't transfer now, waited too long)
Kaplan 3 : PLA
lmao

:roflol:
Total Newb Big Grin - Enrolled at TESC for AA, eventually going for BA Psych.

Thanks to everyone who provides such awesome information on this site, I'm slowly getting the hang of this crazy process.

CLEP - Intro. Psych. - 63, A&I Literature - 72, Intro. Edu. Psych. - 59
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra
FEMA - 12 Credits
When I attended school (I graduated high school in this century), I learned about all of the major forms of government, and the major economic theories. This allowed me to choose which ones make the most sense. I also learned about various cultures (with the exception of World Geography where my teacher thought only European culture was important). Some people don't want their children to think for themselves.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Some research on homeschooling graduates that attend college:

"Bivariate analyses showed the homeschooled students (26.5) reported a significantly higher ACT-Composite score when compared to the overall cohort (25.0), and the home educated (14.7) earned more college credit prior to their freshman year when compared to the overall population (6.0). Home-educated students (3.37) earned a significantly higher fall semester GPA when compared to the overall cohort (3.08). Further, homeschooled students (3.41) earned a higher first-year GPA compared to the overall group (3.12). Finally, the home educated (3.46) earned a significantly higher fourth-year GPA when compared to the freshman cohort (3.16). And the home educated achieved a higher graduation rate (66.7 percent) when compared to the overall population (57.5 percent)."

(Dr. Michael Cogan, director of the Office of Institutional Research and Analysis at the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota)

For those interested, here is some research concerning those students in grade school. http://www.hslda.org/docs/study/comp2001...vement.pdf
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
I noticed his curriculum uses a lot of the same vocabulary as the Robinson Curriculum (which we've used for years) and sure enough, he explains that until his is fully developed, people should check out RC. (bottom of the page)http://www.ronpaulcurriculum.com/public/...ment52.cfm

I don't think this will be hugely popular with parents, for a number of reasons, however, I think it looks really great! I even shared his link from his archives on a sex ed "lecture" taught in a sociology class over on my FB page. In my opinion, conservative parents should absolutely 100% without a doubt strongly consider having their children test out of alllllll the social sciences Smile and I think this is consistent with what he's teaching too.
topdog98 Wrote:Some research on homeschooling graduates that attend college:

"Bivariate analyses showed the homeschooled students (26.5) reported a significantly higher ACT-Composite score when compared to the overall cohort (25.0), and the home educated (14.7) earned more college credit prior to their freshman year when compared to the overall population (6.0). Home-educated students (3.37) earned a significantly higher fall semester GPA when compared to the overall cohort (3.08). Further, homeschooled students (3.41) earned a higher first-year GPA compared to the overall group (3.12). Finally, the home educated (3.46) earned a significantly higher fourth-year GPA when compared to the freshman cohort (3.16). And the home educated achieved a higher graduation rate (66.7 percent) when compared to the overall population (57.5 percent)."

(Dr. Michael Cogan, director of the Office of Institutional Research and Analysis at the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota)

For those interested, here is some research concerning those students in grade school. http://www.hslda.org/docs/study/comp2001...vement.pdf

When I have children, I might homeschool them, but I definitely will not be using a politically slanted curriculum. My goal will be to expose my children to everything. There was so much I didn't learn about minority Americans in history; and, unfortunately, Texas is taking even more minority history out of the curriculum. There was also a lot I wasn't taught about Texas history. It was like I was taught a watered-down, Disney version.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:When I have children, I might homeschool them, but I definitely will not be using a politically slanted curriculum. My goal will be to expose my children to everything. There was so much I didn't learn about minority Americans in history; and, unfortunately, Texas is taking even more minority history out of the curriculum. There was also a lot I wasn't taught about Texas history. It was like I was taught a watered-down, Disney version.

I think that is great that you would consider homeschooling in the future.

Minorities do often get less attention in the public schools. In the research I posted above, minority and white homeschooled students have equal reading standardized test scores (87%) while minority students in the public schools (49%) score 12 points behind white students in the public schools (61%). This research proves that this gap doesn't have to exist.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Microsoft launches the new Bing, with ChatGPT 4 built in LevelUP 1 629 02-10-2023, 01:47 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  Modern Languages Launches Online Language Courses LevelUP 0 468 07-23-2022, 11:09 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Company develops its own MBA curriculum and offers it to employees MNomadic 2 924 07-03-2020, 06:36 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  HomeSchool HighSchool Transcript Template bjcheung77 7 2,249 06-15-2017, 11:03 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  homeschool resources for middle schooler with dyslexia & memory problems rvm 17 3,978 04-18-2017, 12:43 PM
Last Post: originalamyj
  calling Homeschool families cookderosa 49 5,843 08-30-2014, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Westerner
  homeschool teens and parents wanted! cookderosa 1 753 07-26-2014, 12:53 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  virtual study group for homeschool parents cookderosa 6 1,313 01-21-2014, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Julie S.
  Grant Legal Status to Romeikes-Homeschool Petition TayTay 17 2,593 04-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Homeschool 4th Grade Curriculum Questions... mrs.b 21 2,484 04-13-2013, 02:07 PM
Last Post: mrs.b