Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU audit dates? Chances for early graduation?
I need to graduate in December. I currently have 5 courses left, which I'll be completing and transferring by October. I'll be doing the September Capstone, which officially ends November 24. 

I was told that, except for the Capstone, if I can have all of my courses completed and transferred by October, and that my Capstone is audited during the last week of November, I'll be able to make it for the December graduation. What are the chances that this will be possible?

I'm guessing that this follows the audit dates. How many audits are there, and what are the audits dates during the month?
In order to graduated in December you needed to start the Capstone in August; the earliest gradation for a September capstone is March. - https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(08-22-2019, 07:42 AM)allvia Wrote: In order to graduated in December you needed to start the Capstone in August; the earliest gradation for a September capstone is March. - https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation

I know, but a number of people and threads/posts mention that, minus the Capstone, if you have all of your courses completed and transferred for the first audit, you can have your Capstone be evaluated during the final audit and make it in time for the graduation the following month.
I think the chances are slim.

It also says you have you to have all your courses evaluated by October 1st for December graduation. I know the October 1st isn't a strict deadline but still. It takes time to get courses evaluated after you finish them.

Plus since you are transfering in the credits what if life happens and you can't get them in by October. What makes you 100% certain you will have everything done in time.

I don't see why TESU would expedite it anyways, with so many students and you will definitely graduate in December so it seems like a lot of work on their end.

I think the other in the past people already had everything done when they registered for the capstone. Like say if right now you already had 117 credits transfered in and evaluated right now maybe then they would make an exception.

It doesn't hurt to try I guess, but I don't think your chances are good.
I think you have a decent chance of making it. There's certainly downside to trying. Apply for graduation by Oct 1. When they contact you about your missing Capstone, tell them you're in progress. Also let your mentor know your situation when you turn in the final paper...turning the paper in a few days early couldn't hurt either. The graduation office is actually pretty good about working with you, so stay in touch with them.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 786 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,988 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 266 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,164 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 571 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch