Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU course vs. E-Pack
I will be taking TESU courses (or E-packs) in lieu of the residency waiver because I have tuition reimbursement from my employer. One of the courses I need - American Government - also comes in an E-Pack I'm trying to figure out if this is a better path than the full course. I would likely need to take it at the same time as my BUS Capstone, so ideally whichever might be less work/pressure would be the way to go. Would love to hear from those who have taken both a course and an E-Pack. I guess I'm concerned about having to complete course assignments while also focusing on the Capstone, but on the other hand with the E-Pack all the pressure is on passing one test.
Basically... If you have tuition reimbursement, split up the courses to maximize the rewards, and evenly spread out the course load... Are you going for 16 credits or are you paying the residency waiver fee?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
How confident are you in the subject matter? If you already know it pretty well, I'd definitely go the e-Pack route. If you think it's something you'll struggle with, go the course route so the forum posts and busy work will give you a bit of a cushion on your grade.

Remember the ePack is PASS/FAIL, so you don't need to master anything. "Good enough" is the same as "perfect."
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • jch
Definitely planned to split thing up to maximize it’s just taking a bit longer than I would like so I might be willing to pay for a couple out of pocket to finish sooner. Hence the reason I’m considering doubling up. I’m planning to take one TESU course in June (Earth Science) because I’m already taking an ASU course in June as well and have a vacation planned for July. I think the two classes and SDC are all I can handle. When that term is over I will probably double up in the September term (Federal Taxation and Cornerstone). That will max out my reimbursement for 2023. Then I can either pay out of pocket for two courses in December term and likely graduate in March 2023 or wait until January to use my 2024 reimbursement and not graduate until June.
As far as American Government goes, I’m probably not that familiar but I don’t know if I would go so far as to say that I would struggle with it. I tried to save one that was a little easier to do with the Capstone.
If you decide on the full course, I would probably stagger them so that your capstone's last month would be solo. If you do the ePack you might not need to.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
What messed me up was that I intended on taking PLA-100 which is only a month. But it doesn't look like they offer it anymore so now I have to take a full course to meet the residency requirement.
(05-20-2023, 02:25 PM)Kones Wrote: What messed me up was that I intended on taking PLA-100 which is only a month. But it doesn't look like they offer it anymore so now I have to take a full course to meet the residency requirement.

Yes - May was the last month in which they offered PLA-100 as it's own course (with PLA-200 as a 2cr add-on).  They combined them into PLA-101, and it's now a 3cr course.  Bummer.

You could take ENG-298 Jane Austen: Pride and Prejudice - that's a 1cr course.  If you are female, you will probably love Pride & Prejudice - if you're a male, probably not quite as much - but it's definitely a good book (one of my all-time favorites), and there are good movies as well that are true to the book.

APS-100 Medical Terminology is also 1cr.

Neither are probably easier than PLA-100, but still not bad options.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • origamishuttle
(05-20-2023, 02:25 PM)Kones Wrote: What messed me up was that I intended on taking PLA-100 which is only a month. But it doesn't look like they offer it anymore so now I have to take a full course to meet the residency requirement.

Oh, how SWEET that PLA-100 course was. I did the entire course in 3 hours. 

The Jane Austin Pride and Prejudice course is only offered for certain months.
https://www2.tesu.edu/course.php?CourseCode=ENG-298&sem=

You could speed-read the book in 1-2 hours, watch the movie and get some cliff notes and you should be good. 

The APS-100 Medical Terminology there is good news and bad news about that course.

Good news
  • Quizzes and discussions are worth a whopping 70% of your grade (quizzes you can retake unlimited no. times)
Bad news
Worst case scenario you study for a couple of hours, take your L on the final and move on with life. A 33% F on the final can still net you a B in the course. The GPA hit would only be 1/10 of a point. 

I personally would pick the Jane Austin course, but if that meant delaying my graduation, then I would grab a vomit bag and do Medical Terminology instead.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I could kick myself for not taking PLA this month. If only I'd known it was my last shot. I suppose the Jane Austen course is an option. I have read and own the book, just haven't read it in a while. I could probably take it in the October term,
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kones's post:
  • Vin
@Kones, here's a shot in the dark... Since it's a short course, ask TESU if there are going to be extra offerings and if they can add them if possible. Advocate that you're looking to take the PLA100 but don't need the PLA200 and you're not interested in the PLA101.

Oh, also email them and see if they still allow for very late registration. I haven't taken PLA100, but if it's just 4 weeks long, and self paced, it could be possible to finish before the end of the term if they allow you to take it.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 522 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,294 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 232 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 277 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27