Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU enrollment and TECEP timing
I'm a little unclear on how I should time my TECEPs in order to maintain my enrolled status with TESU (since I don't expect to be done in one year).

Say my enrollment is effective Jan. 1, 2017. Do I need to take another TECEP effective Jan. 1, 2018 or Dec. 31, 2017 in order to stay enrolled?

If I take another TECEP on June 1, 2017, would that then "reset the clock" so that I wouldn't need to take another TECEP until June 1, 2018 (or May 31, 2018); or would the original enrollment date (Jan. 1, 2017) still be the basis of my enrollment term, so that I would need to take yet another TECEP on Jan. 1, 2018 (or Dec. 31, 2017) to remain enrolled?

(Note: For the purposes of these examples I'm pretending that TECEPs count as soon as you register, which I know they don't really, but it makes the examples simpler.)
No clue on the first question, but for the 2nd one, yes, the clock is "reset" for another year from the date of the TECEP you take.

Also, I just want to remind you that you have to register for a TECEP in advance, and then take it at the correct time. If I were you, I would definitely not let it get too close to the date that you have to remain enrolled. For example, let's say you took a TECEP on June 1, 2017, and are enrolled for a year. I would register for a TECEP on Feb 1, 2018 for the March 2018 term, with the thought that you can take the exam any time during the term, but for sure by the end of May. Then, take it long before the end of May! You don't want something crazy to happen where you've pushed it out to the last minute, and then you can't take it for some reason (car accident, get the flu, etc.). Or worse yet, you don't pass! You actually need to pass the TECEP to remain enrolled, not just take it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks for the clarification re resetting.

Yes, the extreme dates were merely for illustrative purposes, not any kind of realistic schedule.
I received an e-mail from TESU, that my enrollment period is about to expire and I must do one of the following immediately:
-Register for another course
-Pay comprehensive enrollment fee
-Arrange for Financial Aid
-Request a Catalog Year Extension

TESU is closed today due to a storm, I will call in tomorrow and find out if registering for another course includes TECEPs, and details about the Catalog Year Extension.

Does anyone have experience with the Extension? is there a fee? can you only do it once? I am plugging away at a plan now, it is taking longer than I had planned and will need to get another year out of TESU. Any experience or thought appreciated! Thanks!
TESU BALS/2019
Capstone LIB-495 April 2019
Study.com/NFA/Sophia/Cisco/Institutes
TECEP: 15 | University: 4 | DLIFLC: 45 | JST: 45 | TEEX: 6
sheptr Wrote:I received an e-mail from TESU, that my enrollment period is about to expire and I must do one of the following immediately:
-Register for another course
-Pay comprehensive enrollment fee
-Arrange for Financial Aid
-Request a Catalog Year Extension

TESU is closed today due to a storm, I will call in tomorrow and find out if registering for another course includes TECEPs, and details about the Catalog Year Extension.

Does anyone have experience with the Extension? is there a fee? can you only do it once? I am plugging away at a plan now, it is taking longer than I had planned and will need to get another year out of TESU. Any experience or thought appreciated! Thanks!

I got the same email yesterday, and I am enrolled for a TECEP this term. I am going to call tomorrow as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I also got that email this week. My last TECEP was taken July 2016. I checked my status in Student ID in OSS and it says Enrolled - Valid 5/19/2016. I registered for the May term in April 2016 for the TECEPs that I took in July (May term). But I also had a TECEP in the April term. I should be good to register for the May term this year, but will be contacting them too.
BSBA CIS: In Progress - 111/120cr - Applied for September Graduation
AAS CIT from CSN: Completed 2011

CLEP: 3cr. TECEP: 27cr. Sophia: 12cr. ALEKS: 3cr.  SL: 6cr. Davar: 3cr. SDC: 3cr 
In Progress: Davar: 3cr. SDC: 6cr. (pending transfer)
I called today, and the rep I spoke with seemed to think that just registering & paying for a TECEP would keep the enrollment going. The rep also advised that the Catalog extension form is on the main website at a cost of $70, but wasn't sure if it there was a limit on how many times it could be used. My current enrollment expires in May, I would certainly hope I can finish with an additional 12 month.....
I will go ahead and send an e-mail asking the same, and get it in writing. Will update.
TESU BALS/2019
Capstone LIB-495 April 2019
Study.com/NFA/Sophia/Cisco/Institutes
TECEP: 15 | University: 4 | DLIFLC: 45 | JST: 45 | TEEX: 6
I just heard back from LS Rep and she said the enrollment date reflects the term that you registered for your TECEP (not when the TECEP was taken). So mine expires in May.
BSBA CIS: In Progress - 111/120cr - Applied for September Graduation
AAS CIT from CSN: Completed 2011

CLEP: 3cr. TECEP: 27cr. Sophia: 12cr. ALEKS: 3cr.  SL: 6cr. Davar: 3cr. SDC: 3cr 
In Progress: Davar: 3cr. SDC: 6cr. (pending transfer)
sheptr Wrote:I called today, and the rep I spoke with seemed to think that just registering & paying for a TECEP would keep the enrollment going. The rep also advised that the Catalog extension form is on the main website at a cost of $70, but wasn't sure if it there was a limit on how many times it could be used. My current enrollment expires in May, I would certainly hope I can finish with an additional 12 month.....
I will go ahead and send an e-mail asking the same, and get it in writing. Will update.

I feel like $114 for a TECEP and 3 credits is a better way to spend then $70 for just an extension.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,280 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore