Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU extra DSST
(05-18-2020, 12:18 PM)natshar Wrote: Don't forget you have to do 2 capstones. So you are already at 9 credits and 2 terms. Idk where you will get the last UL for Finance it is hard to find.

I guess everyone on this forum is different. Some value time more and some value money more. I think during this time period, for a lot of people money would be more valuable than time, because we have nothing but time now. And with being unemployed there might be little to no money coming in. And I don't think over $1000 is a few bucks.

But I have seen this debate in different ways on this forum before. The old time vs money debate or more work vs more money. Everyone has different opinions on it and that is perfectly ok.

EDIT: Also if you get aid and assuming you don't want to take the capstones together. TESU requires 6 credits a term. So if you did that you would be at 12 credits. So at that point, you would be close, so at least it would make sense to consider bumping up to 16. If you were at 12 credits and then did 16 credits, you would probably save at least $1300 or more. Not telling you what to do but just something to consider if you get financial aid and/or can't find a good way to get the last UL finance course. And if you do the two capstones separate and don't overlap you are looking at 2021 graduation. So if you want 2020 grad you have to take two capstones at once or overlap them.

Only 1 capstone to do + the SOS-110: Critical Information Literacy. So a total 6 credits.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(05-18-2020, 01:45 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 12:18 PM)natshar Wrote: Don't forget you have to do 2 capstones. So you are already at 9 credits and 2 terms. Idk where you will get the last UL for Finance it is hard to find.

I guess everyone on this forum is different. Some value time more and some value money more. I think during this time period, for a lot of people money would be more valuable than time, because we have nothing but time now. And with being unemployed there might be little to no money coming in. And I don't think over $1000 is a few bucks.

But I have seen this debate in different ways on this forum before. The old time vs money debate or more work vs more money. Everyone has different opinions on it and that is perfectly ok.

EDIT: Also if you get aid and assuming you don't want to take the capstones together. TESU requires 6 credits a term. So if you did that you would be at 12 credits. So at that point, you would be close, so at least it would make sense to consider bumping up to 16. If you were at 12 credits and then did 16 credits, you would probably save at least $1300 or more. Not telling you what to do but just something to consider if you get financial aid and/or can't find a good way to get the last UL finance course. And if you do the two capstones separate and don't overlap you are looking at 2021 graduation. So if you want 2020 grad you have to take two capstones at once or overlap them.

Only 1 capstone to do + the SOS-110: Critical Information Literacy.  So a total 6 credits.

How do you only have 1 capstone?

BA comp sci: Liberal Arts Capstone LIB 495

BSBA Finance: Business Capstone BUS 421

They are two different capstones. Which would put you at 9 credits and most likely two terms and a 2021 graduation.

It all depends if you get financial aid or not if you want to consider 16 credits:

If you get financial aid (scholarships, pell grant, etc.): at least consider adding 7 more credits to total 16 for huge savings vs 9 and wavier fee (at least $1500)

If you don't get financial aid: just do the wavier fee and only do 9 credits at TESU. (maybe edited to calculate cost is about $700 more to do waiver vs 16)

EDIT: actually the savings could be more than I thought it all depends on if you can find the last UL finance for cheap. But even did for cheap, doing 16 credits at tesu vs 9 and wavier would actually be like $700 more. That is because you have to factor in the $170 for coopersmith (150 + transcript) as the UL for comp sci and say you find something for finance for only $100. Add that to do $500 savings it is about $700. And that is only if you can find UL finance for cheap otherwise the savings could be even more. But your choice, either way if you want to pay more I don't care. I just wanted you to be informed of everything.
(05-18-2020, 02:10 PM)natshar Wrote:

Only 1 capstone to do + the SOS-110: Critical Information Literacy.  So a total 6 credits.

They are two different capstones. Which would put you at 9 credits and most likely two terms and a 2021 graduation. If you get pell grant or scholarships make sense to 6 credits a term which is 12 and that point you are almost to 16 and could save a lot of money.

I thought you were responding to maxxor6868 on the 2 majors of BA CS and the BA English.
I see you were saying something about my signature.

I had planned on taking both the Info Lit and Capstone in one term though I wonder if it's possible to take both capstones in one term or take the first capstone and start the second capstone one month later before I'm done with the first.

As far as concentration for the BSBA, I'm still debating between CIS, General Management or Finance.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(05-18-2020, 02:37 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

They are two different capstones. Which would put you at 9 credits and most likely two terms and a 2021 graduation. If you get pell grant or scholarships make sense to 6 credits a term which is 12 and that point you are almost to 16 and could save a lot of money.

I thought you were responding to maxxor6868 on the 2 majors of BA CS and the BA English.

I had planned on taking both the Info Lit and Capstone in one term though I wonder if it's possible to take both capstones in one term or take the first capstone and start the second capstone one month later before I'm done with the first.

As far as concentration for the BSBA, I'm still debating between CIS, General Management or Finance.

Yeah sorry I got off-topic. I was talking about your classes which did get off topic.

You could take both capstones in one term but I the workload would probably be a lot. I asked about it. You could overlap but I don't know if that would be allowed if you get aid. Also, I don't think you could completely finish one capstone in a month. If you do two capstones in one term you just better be prepared for a big work load.

I guess was I just informing you since you are already doing the 9 credits the cost savings of doing 16 credit could be anywhere from $700 to $1500 or more. Which may or may not be a lot of money to you and might be worth the effort.
(05-18-2020, 02:42 PM)natshar Wrote:

Yeah sorry I got off-topic. I was talking about your classes which did get off topic.

You could take both capstones in one term but I the workload would probably be a lot. I asked about it. You could overlap but I don't know if that would be allowed if you get aid. Also, I don't think you could completely finish one capstone in a month. If you do two capstones in one term you just better be prepared for a big work load.

I guess was I just informing you since you are already doing the 9 credits the cost savings of doing 16 credit could be anywhere from $700 to $1500 or more. Which may or may not be a lot of money to you and might be worth the effort.

I don't think you can rush the capstone, it just takes 3 months from what I understand.  Assignment deadlines and weekly required posting in forums. 

I guess I was trying to get a feel for the workload before committing to 2 capstones + finish up all my required BA CS credits. 

Also, you can't start Capstone till you got 100 credits in the degree you are trying to get.   So I'm just about ready to start the BSBA but not the BACS.

Adds a lot of complexity going for the 2 degrees in different schools.
(05-18-2020, 03:13 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 02:42 PM)natshar Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 01:45 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Only 1 capstone to do + the SOS-110: Critical Information Literacy.  So a total 6 credits.

I don't think you can rush the capstone, it just takes 3 months from what I understand.  Assignment deadlines and weekly required posting in forums. 

I guess I was trying to get a feel for the workload before committing to 2 capstones + finish up all my required BA CS credits. 

Also, you can't start Capstone till you got 100 credits in the degree you are trying to get.   So I'm just about ready to start the BSBA but not the BACS.

Adds a lot of complexity going for the 2 degrees in different schools.

Yeah for sure. I was going to do that exact thing at some point. In fact, I still have two different bachelor's (BSBA and BA) on my eval right now even though in the end I decided to pursue a degree at a different school. So I know it is a lot to plan and a lot of classes. Maybe someday once my first bachelor's from the other school is conferred I'll go back to TESU for my 2nd bachelor's since so close. Probably not worth the money though.

If you do the BSBA graduate and come back for BACS you will have to have 24 new credits after conferral and pay the wavier fee again. So it makes sense to delay graduation and graduate both at the same time. Hopefully, you can nail down AOS for the BSBA soon and finish it and if you are doing finance hopefully you can find all UL needed.

And hopefully, by then you can figure out if you want to do 16 or 9 credits at TESU.
(05-18-2020, 03:31 PM)natshar Wrote: Yeah for sure. I was going to do that exact thing at some point. In fact, I still have two different bachelor's (BSBA and BA) on my eval right now even though in the end I decided to pursue a degree at a different school. So I know it is a lot to plan and a lot of classes. Maybe someday once my first bachelor's from the other school is conferred I'll go back to TESU for my 2nd bachelor's since so close. Probably not worth the money though.

If you do the BSBA graduate and come back for BACS you will have to have 24 new credits after conferral and pay the wavier fee again. So it makes sense to delay graduation and graduate both at the same time. Hopefully, you can nail down AOS for the BSBA soon and finish it and if you are doing finance hopefully you can find all UL needed.

And hopefully, by then you can figure out if you want to do 16 or 9 credits at TESU.
The UL for finance doesn't seem to be as much of an issue now, I know it was in the past.

Following courses are confirmed will transfer to TESU as UL:
study.com Finance 301: Corporate Finance
study.com Finance 302: International Finance
study.com Finance 303: Financial Institutions & Markets
study.com Finance 304: Security Analysis & Portfolio Management
study.com Finance 305: Risk Management
study.com Finance 306: Small Business Finance

Davar has FIN 310 Multinational Finance I haven't confirmed they take it and that it won't overlap one of the study.com courses.

I don't have any LL courses approved yet but I could always just take all UL classes.

I do plan on doing both degrees together since it will save money and having to do the extra credits as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • dfrecore, natshar
(05-19-2020, 11:42 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 03:31 PM)natshar Wrote: Yeah for sure. I was going to do that exact thing at some point. In fact, I still have two different bachelor's (BSBA and BA) on my eval right now even though in the end I decided to pursue a degree at a different school. So I know it is a lot to plan and a lot of classes. Maybe someday once my first bachelor's from the other school is conferred I'll go back to TESU for my 2nd bachelor's since so close. Probably not worth the money though.

The UL for finance doesn't seem to be as much of an issue now, I know it was in the past.

Following courses are confirmed will transfer to TESU as UL:
study.com Finance 301: Corporate Finance
study.com Finance 302: International Finance
study.com Finance 303: Financial Institutions & Markets
study.com Finance 304: Security Analysis & Portfolio Management
study.com Finance 305: Risk Management
study.com Finance 306: Small Business Finance

Davar has FIN 310 Multinational Finance I haven't confirmed they take it and that it won't overlap one of the study.com courses.

I don't have any LL courses approved yet but I could always just take all UL classes.

I do plan on doing both degrees together since it will save money and having to do the extra credits as well.

Davar duplicates Study.com's International Finance.

Risk Management is only 2cr, so you're going to have to get another UL FIN course.  Instead, I would take an UL Principles of Finance course (FIN-301) and use a LL Prin of Finance in the Core.  That should do it for you.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,306 1 hour ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 522 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 232 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 278 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27