Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU max evaluations?
Big Grin 
Hi all my wife has been doing her sociology degree for a while and applying all the credit to tesu as she gets them.
Normally she passes about 5 classes and submits the transcript to TESU, and TESU applies them within about 2 weeks.
Recently 3 straighter line and 1 DSST were passed and submitted to TESU and the credits were not applying.  It has been over a month now. She called TESU and they told her they have the credits and will "save" them. They wont show her the credits unless she becomes a full time student.  Has any one heard of this? Does she need to sign up for one TESU class and that will consider her a full time student.  Apologies i didn't make the call just relaying the message
Thanks!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
-ro
Prior to enrollment they generally only give you two evaluations. Once you're enrolled it's unlimited.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • Johmford
She doesn't have to become a full time student, she just has become enrolled. She can take a TECEP ($114 for 3 credits) and that would do it. If she's ready, she could also start her Capstone course to become enrolled.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Great ! Thankyou all. Ill just have her take a course with TESU and that will get her enrolled. Minor issue solved.
You guys are awesome as always!
(06-12-2018, 04:30 PM)rckola911 Wrote: Great ! Thankyou all.  Ill just have her take a course with TESU and that will get her enrolled. Minor issue solved.
You guys are awesome as always!

Only do an actual course if it's the capstone (which is going to cost around $1100).  Otherwise, sign up for a TECEP which is only $117.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
FYI, I've heard, just taking a TECEP qualifies, whether passed or not, so $117 gets you enrolled.
(06-13-2018, 12:19 AM)frank.f.franky Wrote: FYI, I've heard, just taking a TECEP qualifies, whether passed or not, so $117 gets you enrolled.

I'm not 100% certain that's true.  It used to be true, but I've heard that it's not any longer.  I would take something that I was sure I could pass (and there are VERY easy ones in there).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
How close is she to finishing? It might not be a bad idea to take the capstone while all the discounts apply. They usually raise tuition around July 1st. If she has used any study.com courses there is a discount for that too, but the discount will probably change around that time as well. They say you need to be nearly finished but they won't stop you from registering and taking the class.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
(06-13-2018, 01:01 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 12:19 AM)frank.f.franky Wrote: FYI, I've heard, just taking a TECEP qualifies, whether passed or not, so $117 gets you enrolled.

I'm not 100% certain that's true.  It used to be true, but I've heard that it's not any longer.  I would take something that I was sure I could pass (and there are VERY easy ones in there).

I can confirm that it is true - I sign up for and took the Strategic Management TECEP last year when it could still count for the Capstone - alas, missed the pass by 2 points (it was the last term it was an option, and I just did not enough time to study those "lists"!).  But it moved me to (& has kept me) Enrolled - so a fail counts.  However, don't waste the money or credit opportunity - I would definitely recommend taking a TECEP that you have feel you can pass (and will help you get 3 credits closer to graduating), just know if you fail it - it will put you into Enrolled status for the year.

(06-13-2018, 08:27 AM)rlw74 Wrote: How close is she to finishing? It might not be a bad idea to take the capstone while all the discounts apply. They usually raise tuition around July 1st. If she has used any study.com courses there is a discount for that too, but the discount will probably change around that time as well. They say you need to be nearly finished but they won't stop you from registering and taking the class.

I second this, big savings if you can get enrolled for the Capstone before the expected (& highly likely) increase next month.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Ah good info, she is pretty close about 5 classes away or so. How much significant is the discount for the Capstone now vs next month.
Also if she did enroll for it, is there a time limit she needs to pass it by or can she just buy it up front and let it sit as she completes the other classes?
thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,999 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,670 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,128 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,665 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,743 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,361 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,606 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,337 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,394 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,869 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore