Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TESU not accepting a slew of Study.com computer courses anymore
Are there any alternatives for those? Where can we source them in the future?
you've still got 3 weeks to do a few of them, i would start there
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(03-08-2020, 10:08 AM)terryd5150 Wrote: WGU, APUS, & SNHU are becoming more attractive options with each passing day.

TESU, in particular, seems to be interested in cutting the nose right off its own face....

I called SNHU yesterday to ask questions about their Gen Eds, because they now have this "GE Exploration" area where instead of a list of courses that work in each area, they have "Humanities Perspectives" and "Humanities Application", "Social Science Perspectives" and "Social Science Application", "Natural Science Perspectives" and "Natural Science Application", and "History Perspectives" and "Applied History"

They would not confirm that they would bring in Art History or Art for Humanities, Biology or Chemistry for Natural Sciences, etc.  They said you have to apply to see where your courses come in.  I am not going to tell someone to hope that they bring in the courses they've taken (or plan to) without some sort of confirmation from the school about what will come in.  And I'm certainly not going to pay $320/cr for gen eds like that.  No thank you.

So for a BALS/BSLS, I'm sticking with the Big 3.  MAYBE if SNHU had a degree that couldn't be gotten elsewhere, I might consider it, but they're not looking great to me at this point at all.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Clepper43, ss20ts
The original 1971 "Big 3" were "assessment colleges" requiring none from them but using real B&M college courses and just a few military ACE credits.

I wonder how much this website is telling TESU to tighten up? All those I have 100 credits in 100-days posts and TESU posts on how easy you can still test out on maybe why? TESU in the last few years seems to have 85% of the traffic and wargaming going on here!
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 2 users Like Life Long Learning's post:
  • ChilliDawg, GizmoJack
(03-08-2020, 04:50 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-08-2020, 10:08 AM)terryd5150 Wrote: WGU, APUS, & SNHU are becoming more attractive options with each passing day.

TESU, in particular, seems to be interested in cutting the nose right off its own face....

I called SNHU yesterday to ask questions about their Gen Eds, because they now have this "GE Exploration" area where instead of a list of courses that work in each area, they have "Humanities Perspectives" and "Humanities Application", "Social Science Perspectives" and "Social Science Application", "Natural Science Perspectives" and "Natural Science Application", and "History Perspectives" and "Applied History"

They would not confirm that they would bring in Art History or Art for Humanities, Biology or Chemistry for Natural Sciences, etc.  They said you have to apply to see where your courses come in.  I am not going to tell someone to hope that they bring in the courses they've taken (or plan to) without some sort of confirmation from the school about what will come in.  And I'm certainly not going to pay $320/cr for gen eds like that.  No thank you.

So for a BALS/BSLS, I'm sticking with the Big 3.  MAYBE if SNHU had a degree that couldn't be gotten elsewhere, I might consider it, but they're not looking great to me at this point at all.
Sophia's Art History I & II transfer into SNHU as Introduction to Humanties I & II.

Much the same with SL's Bio, Chem, Western Civ, & US History.

I know this from conducting the exact same research that allows me to know how courses transfer into TESU - course transfer equivalencies posted on the school's website.

I've never been successful in contacting a school as a non-enrolled student and inquiring about transfer equivalencies. I've consistently gotten the same response you mentioned: "enroll and submit transcripts".

Are you saying TESU does this? If so, I would consider that a plus for TESU, but not necessarily a negative for SNHU - considering that the "industry standard" response appears consistent.

I would agree that if a generic degree like a BALS or BSBA were the goal, then TESU would still be the provider of choice as, even though they've recently cut and/or downgraded numerous courses from SDC & SL, there's still a myriad of ACE/NCCRS options to complete such degrees through TESU - FOR NOW.

However, with the changes TESU is making, I reassert my position that some of the more specialized degrees are becomming attractive options through other schools.
I got a note today from Study.com saying not that TESU wouldn't take these courses anymore, but that after March 31, they wouldn't be taking them "under the old equivalencies"

So it seems like they may just be moving them around some and not refusing to take them at all.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

(03-10-2020, 06:27 PM)jsh1138 Wrote: I got a note today from Study.com saying not that TESU wouldn't take these courses anymore, but that after March 31, they wouldn't be taking them "under the old equivalencies"

So it seems like they may just be moving them around some and not refusing to take them at all.
Interesting. Thank you for the update.

Did the communication give any timeframe in which new equivalencies would be established?
no, not at all. it was more of a "get these done by March 31 type thing

if I get an update, I'll share it here

(03-07-2020, 09:57 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: Computer Science 107: Database Fundamentals
Computer Science 108: Introduction to Networking
Computer Science 202: Network and System Security
Computer Science 204: Database Programming
Computer Science 331: Cybersecurity Risk Analysis Management
Computer Science 332: Cybersecurity Policies and Management
Are any of those UL for the ASNSM CS or BA CS? Do any meet a particular requirement which is more expensive or harder elsewhere?

https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html

They've all been removed from the transfer guide already

IIRC, the 300 ones were UL and I think one of the 200 ones was as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 390 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,382 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,493 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,777 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 281 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,807 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 612 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,410 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 547 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 328 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM