Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU registration term dates & enrollment
What is the deadline to keep TESU enrollment current; is it the last term date of the term that enrollment began in a previous year? For example, my enrollment TECEP was in the March term last year. Do I have till the last day of March term to take another TECEP?

Could I theoretically register for a TECEP in the April term and take it before the last day of March term and not lapse enrollment? I want to make sure I have a backup plan in case I don't pass the March term tecep for which I'm registered.
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
I think as long as you're registered for the March term, it won't matter when in the term you actually take it.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(02-03-2018, 02:31 PM)keepsingin Wrote: Could I theoretically register for a TECEP in the April term and take it before the last day of March term and not lapse enrollment? I want to make sure I have a backup plan in case I don't pass the March term tecep for which I'm registered.

You can't take an April term TECEP before April term begins. So April 2, 2018 is the first day you can take it. Also I find it takes them 3 days to confirm enrollment.

Just to be on the safe side, I would enroll in a March Term TECEP and study for as long as you need within that term.
Do not wait for the last day of the March term to finish the TECEP. Review TECEP PDF/Study, practice, and repeat...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-03-2018, 02:45 PM)Ideas Wrote:
(02-03-2018, 02:31 PM)keepsingin Wrote: Could I theoretically register for a TECEP in the April term and take it before the last day of March term and not lapse enrollment? I want to make sure I have a backup plan in case I don't pass the March term tecep for which I'm registered.

You can't take an April term TECEP before April term begins. So April 2, 2018 is the first day you can take it. Also I find it takes them 3 days to confirm enrollment.

Yes, the last day of March term is May 20, so the terms overlap.

I am registered for March term, only asking because regular registration for March ends in one week, so I'm wondering if I need to register for a 2nd March term tecep (for insurance) and then drop it if I pass bc i don't put too much stock in my grades lately due to crazy & unpredictable health issues.

But whether I'm able to register for April term and theoretically retake before end of March term, that's my question.
Graduated June 2018!
As a backup, you may need to register for an easy TECEP for March term soon. One that you are sure you can pass. There are some easy ones, but I don't know which ones you've already taken. That's what I would do instead of risking a lapse in enrollment. I think a lapse could be really bad because the degree requirements may have changed.

You should register for a TECEP that will be required for one of your missing courses towards the degree. Don't just randomly choose a TECEP because it's easy just for enrollment purposes (that would be the last option, you can do the Capstone course if you've not done it yet, that will take 3 months to complete and you can work on other courses at the same time).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks for the input, guys; I'll register for an easy one just to be sure. Glad I checked here before I let it go to April term Confused
Graduated June 2018!
[-] The following 1 user Likes keepsingin's post:
  • Ideas
(02-03-2018, 04:08 PM)keepsingin Wrote: Thanks for the input, guys; I'll register for an easy one just to be sure. Glad I checked here before I let it go to April term Confused

What do you have left for your degree?  And what were you planning on taking?  So we can give input on which one you should take.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-03-2018, 05:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-03-2018, 04:08 PM)keepsingin Wrote: Thanks for the input, guys; I'll register for an easy one just to be sure. Glad I checked here before I let it go to April term Confused

What do you have left for your degree?  And what were you planning on taking?  So we can give input on which one you should take.

Other than the 6 cr I'm currently working on, I only have Eng Comp I & II left in my degree, and am currently registered for Comp I for March term. I was planning to take Comp II with the equivalent DSST since it doesn't include any essay. So I'm thinking of registering for an easy tecep like Lib Arts Math, even though I've already completed that requirement, and since I have every intention of passing Comp I anyway. I know it may be dumb to pick a redundant course I've already taken, but I'd rather not have another essay test determining my enrollment if I don't pass the first essay based exam.

From what everyone says, the tecep shouldn't be difficult to pass, but I'm being extra sure because I've bombed many exams due to my stupid health lol.
Graduated June 2018!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,981 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,662 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,107 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,645 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,734 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,346 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,594 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,325 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,377 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,861 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore