Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU residency waiver
(09-12-2023, 07:20 PM)dbrown2258 Wrote: I only have 4 CC credits. All the rest are Army JST, DSST, and SDC. I've figured out that I'll need 12 credits at TESU. No way around it. The residency waiver will would take care of the residency requirements, but I still have to meet the RA requirements. So, I might as well get them by taking the courses at TESU and not have to pay the waiver fee. No way I know of getting RA credits except at a college, doesn't make sense to me to go to another CC to get them. The TESU online courses would probably be easier anyway.

I was just trying to finish the degree with SDC. I understand that used to be possible at TESU before they changed the residency rules or the RA rules. Oh well, 4 courses is not that bad.

Thanks for the info.

TECEPs can be used to meet the RA credits needed, but not residency. If that doesn't work for you, then it makes sense to do a 12 (or 15) credit term. Remember that you can use EPacks to self-pace the courses (besides corner/capstone), and can extend a class (like the capstone) if the workload gets to be too much. I don't suppose you're a reservist or have an active duty spouse? If so, you could access military tuition and use TECEPs to meet residency.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
"Some JST credits are RA, it really depends on which institution you got the credits from... " It was late and I was a tad tired, anyways, To elaborate on what I meant is. Some active, vet, retired, whatever it may be for that service person, they have JST and institution credit that are RA, and it does really depend on which institution you get those credits from...

An example is the Defense Language Institute, or whatever else you may have attended. Anyways, just make sure to have all your transcripts that may grant credit for your use when you transfer into a degree program at one of the recommended institutions of your choice. Good luck, have fun, keep plugging away at the degree...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
(09-13-2023, 02:52 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: "Some JST credits are RA, it really depends on which institution you got the credits from... "  It was late and I was a tad tired, anyways, To elaborate on what I meant is.  Some active, vet, retired, whatever it may be for that service person, they have JST and institution credit that are RA, and it does really depend on which institution you get those credits from...

An example is the Defense Language Institute, or whatever else you may have attended.  Anyways, just make sure to have all your transcripts that may grant credit for your use when you transfer into a degree program at one of the recommended institutions of your choice.  Good luck, have fun, keep plugging away at the degree...

The DLI is 2 separate entities: one is an RA school, the DLIFLC, where you go there and study in-person, and the other is OPI/ACE credit where you take an exam to prove mastery of a language.  For the first, you get a regular school transcript.  For the second, your ACE credit will show up on your JST.

RA credit does not show up on your JST.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 3 27 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 737 Yesterday, 09:06 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 28 2,319 04-25-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 208 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,607 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 635 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 565 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 286 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,333 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 255 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM