Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU switching to four-digit course codes
This announcement recently arrived in my email inbox: 
TESU Email Wrote:Four-Digit Course Codes Are Coming
Course code changes will take effect during registration for the July term.

Dear Student,
The University has announced that TESU course codes are changing from 3 letters and 3 digits to 3 letters and 4 digits. As a result of this change, the majority of courses will contain a zero (0) added to the end of our course code. For example, ENC-101 is now ENC-1010.

Learn more by visiting our Course Code Changes FAQs page.

This change will occur during the July 2023 registration period that opens on June 2, 2023.

We expect the effect on students to be minimal. The change was necessary to expand to additional number places as the former 3-number course code system became too limiting for the number of courses the University now offers and uses as transfer equivalencies. The extra digit will be added to existing course numbers we offer and equivalency transfer course numbers.

If you need assistance registering for your courses or have additional questions about how the course numbering change might affect you, we can help. Call 609-777-5680 or email enrolled@tesu.edu.

The FAQs page goes on to say that students should expect minimal impact, no matter the scenario or concern. Thankfully, TESU systems are designed to rely on a different, more stable identifier for courses and credits. TESU expects to be working on updating their 15,000+(!!!!) transfer equivalencies through Fall 2023. Anything already on your academic record or evaluation will keep its existing course number.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
This makes me nervous about Sophia classes I have banked up that aren't transferred yet, hopefully the equivalencies do not change much?
Interesting, there is no need to be concerned or nervous.  As mentioned above email and faq, very little will change at all.  "We expect the effect on students to be minimal." "The FAQs page goes on to say that students should expect minimal impact, no matter the scenario or concern."

I think it's a waste of energy, money, time to get all that changed just because they want to have 4 numbers now... What are they going to do with transfers that don't really come in with an equivalency? a 1990, 2990, 3990, 4990? Wow, what a difference that would make, plus, most of their numbers aren't used up at all... I haven't seen them get more than their share in the equivalency list to reach over 99 in each of those grade levels.  I'm only guessing they're closer to reaching that limit and preparing for the future (at least a few years from now).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-18-2023, 09:55 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Interesting, there is no need to be concerned or nervous.  As mentioned above email and faq, very little will change at all.  "We expect the effect on students to be minimal." "The FAQs page goes on to say that students should expect minimal impact, no matter the scenario or concern."

I think it's a waste of energy, money, time to get all that changed just because they want to have 4 numbers now... What are they going to do with transfers that don't really come in with an equivalency? a 1990, 2990, 3990, 4990? Wow, what a difference that would make, plus, most of their numbers aren't used up at all... I haven't seen them get more than their share in the equivalency list to reach over 99 in each of those grade levels.  I'm only guessing they're closer to reaching that limit and preparing for the future (at least a few years from now).

I'm guessing they're more specific than some schools, and give a specific course number to every course that comes in, and when different schools name things differently, they give different numbers.  Like, I know for certain that if you take 2 semesters of US History, they call it HIS-113 and HIS-114, but if you take 3 quarters, they call them 3 separate numbers (can't remember, but possibly HIS-110, 111 & 112, or 115, 116 & 117).  So once you start looking at every single course that everyone has ever transferred in, you can see the problem.  So, I'm thinking that they really are running out of numbers, at least in some sections, and it's easy to just add a 0 to everything now, and then you are set going forward.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • jch

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 727 9 hours ago
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 202 Yesterday, 10:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,606 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 631 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 565 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 285 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,333 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 255 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 420 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 316 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az