Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU transcript without a degree?
I have 62 credits in CLEP, DSST, Saylor and the local community college. I am applying to a brick-and-mortar college to complete my bachelor's degree but neither that college nor the community college will directly accept all of my credits. Has anyone applied to TESU, transferred all their credits, gotten a credit evaluation and then sent a transcript to another school without actually earning a degree there? The brick-and-mortar college will accept my credits if another college accepts them first. Any suggestions?
(06-10-2020, 12:51 PM)zzbully Wrote: I have 62 credits in CLEP, DSST, Saylor and the local community college. I am applying to a brick-and-mortar college to complete my bachelor's degree but neither that college nor the community college will directly accept all of my credits. Has anyone applied to TESU, transferred all their credits, gotten a credit evaluation and then sent a transcript to another school without actually earning a degree there? The brick-and-mortar college will accept my credits if another college accepts them first. Any suggestions?

The process of getting credits from a variety of sources onto a single transcript is called "credit banking", you might find more info with those keywords.

Both TESU and EC offer credit banking services to non degree seeking students, for a fee.

TESU Individual Learning Account
Excelsior College OneTranscript

Be sure to double check that your B&M school will actually accept this. Putting all your credit awarded from CLEP/DSST/ACE/etc onto a university transcript doesn't hide the source of those credits, and it doesn't make them appear as if you took them at TESU. Your TESU transcript will still show credits under headings for ACE / CLEP / etc.
[-] The following 1 user Likes scorpion's post:
  • ss20ts
Is the fee for credit banking really only $100 at TESC?

https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/fees

At Excelsior, it's $1095, but there's no limit and it's not per course. I wonder how it is at TESC?
You don't need to use "credit banking", just take a TECEP and order a transcript. The TECEP and all the transferred credits will show up on the transcript.

I'm assuming that you can just repeat the process if your enrollment expires by enrolling again and taking another TECEP.

(06-10-2020, 12:51 PM)zzbully Wrote: I have 62 credits in CLEP, DSST, Saylor and the local community college. I am applying to a brick-and-mortar college to complete my bachelor's degree but neither that college nor the community college will directly accept all of my credits. Has anyone applied to TESU, transferred all their credits, gotten a credit evaluation and then sent a transcript to another school without actually earning a degree there? The brick-and-mortar college will accept my credits if another college accepts them first. Any suggestions?

If your school won't accept ACE/NCCRS, they aren't going to accept the courses just because TESU did.

You can get credits to show up on a TESU transcript, but that would be for employment purposes not for college application purposes.
(06-10-2020, 12:51 PM)zzbully Wrote: The brick-and-mortar college will accept my credits if another college accepts them first. Any suggestions?

You must either have a really weird school or have the wrong information because schools do not usually work like this.

ACE, NCCRS, CLEP  has nothing to do if another school accepts it
(06-10-2020, 12:51 PM)zzbully Wrote: The brick-and-mortar college will accept my credits if another college accepts them first. Any suggestions?

I doubt this is true; you either misunderstand what someone told you, or the person told you incorrect info.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 501 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 446 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 465 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,283 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 257 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,221 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 231 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 368 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 359 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 299 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az