Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU wants Course Numbers for ECEs taken in 2004
For Excelsior exams specifically, I don't really see anything (except maybe Org behavior) that would apply to your AOS. CLEP has marketing and management, though. Have you not sent your CLEP transcript to TESU as well?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I have, it's just taking forever.
From looking at the attachments, it just seems as TESU is slow to process everything, or they're waiting on the final CLEP and other things to come through. Give them some time, you should have lesser courses to take as you have a few of the courses already done through exams, etc. Patience my friend... BTW, you took a course at Athabasca eh? Too bad they don't take CLEP/DSST or ACE/NCCRS credits, otherwise they would be an awesome choice for the BGS, it's completely 100% transferable!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
CLEP & DSST will come from those entities:
College Algebra
Management
Marketing
MIS

So you really only need the Org Behavior ECE info. Currently it's BUSx315, so you should see if you can get a different transcript from EC showing this, or the old catalog.

Also, you should seriously consider the BSBA-CIS: you have 3 of the 6 courses you need there (Systems Analysis, Database Management, and MIS, all UL).
-----------------
Remaining courses (and I'd do them all at Study.com for ease - up to 5 per month):
Statistics
Financial Accounting
Managerial Accounting
Business Law
Principles of Finance
International Business
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
Business Communication

Intro to Programming
Digital Marketing & Advertising
Intro to Operating Systems

Last note: why would you not just go through EC instead? Not only do they have a BSBA, but you could do a BSLA w/AoF in Computers and AoF in business. It seems like it would be simpler and cheaper to get the EC degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The following can be done at Sophia (no limit per month):
Statistics
Financial Accounting
Business Law
Principles of Finance
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics

That leaves these for SDC:
Managerial Accounting
International Business
Business Communication

Intro to Programming

Going through Sophia and SDC combined would almost certainly be faster and easier than going through just SDC for these courses.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(11-27-2020, 02:25 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The following can be done at Sophia (no limit per month):
Statistics
Financial Accounting
Business Law
Principles of Finance
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics

That leaves these for SDC:
Managerial Accounting
International Business
Business Communication

Intro to Programming

Going through Sophia and SDC combined would almost certainly be faster and easier than going through just SDC for these courses.

Study.com only might be faster/easier if 1) if you can only go through fewer than 5 courses in a month (I personally never could do more than a few in a month); and 2) if they have overlap between the courses you need to take, meaning you'd get parts of your courses completed by taking other courses (for instance, Macro & Micro may have a lot of overlap; and Financial & Managerial Accounting, or Managerial Accounting & Finance).

Going through more course providers is a strategy, and can be done for some reasons, but going through a single provider is also a strategy that may work for others for different reasons.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-27-2020, 02:19 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Also, you should seriously consider the BSBA-CIS: you have 3 of the 6 courses you need there (Systems Analysis, Database Management, and MIS, all UL).

(clipped)

Last note: why would you not just go through EC instead?  Not only do they have a BSBA, but you could do a BSLA w/AoF in Computers and AoF in business.  It seems like it would be simpler and cheaper to get the EC degree.

Thanks for all of that info (and everyone else as well!). I'll digest it more this evening. For EC, all of the additional credits (including any courses needed to support the new major) have to be upper-level, which given the difficulty in accessing upper level credit in general, makes it a less desirable choice.

I already have a BSLA, so I'm not looking to get a second one. I could get the BSBA-CIS, so I'll look into whether the plain BSBA-GenMgmt is more desirable vs. any other specialty.
(11-25-2020, 10:04 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 06:12 PM)ss20ts Wrote: How would an exam have a course number when it's not a course?

Excelsior Exams all have course numbers (for example, Cultural Diversity is SOCx305, and is worth 3cr UL).

TECEP exams also all have course numbers (for example The Science of Nutrition is BIO-208 and is worth 3cr LL).

CSU-Global SSA exams all have course numbers.

Strayer Challenge exams all have course numbers.

They have course numbers today. The exams were taken in 2004 and may not have had course numbers back then. EC has made a ton of changes over the years as has pretty much every college. CSU Global exams are far newer than EC exams.
(11-27-2020, 03:11 PM)rennick00 Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 02:19 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Also, you should seriously consider the BSBA-CIS: you have 3 of the 6 courses you need there (Systems Analysis, Database Management, and MIS, all UL).

(clipped)

Last note: why would you not just go through EC instead?  Not only do they have a BSBA, but you could do a BSLA w/AoF in Computers and AoF in business.  It seems like it would be simpler and cheaper to get the EC degree.

Thanks for all of that info (and everyone else as well!). I'll digest it more this evening. For EC, all of the additional credits (including any courses needed to support the new major) have to be upper-level, which given the difficulty in accessing upper level credit in general, makes it a less desirable choice.

I already have a BSLA, so I'm not looking to get a second one. I could get the BSBA-CIS, so I'll look into whether the plain BSBA-GenMgmt is more desirable vs. any other specialty.

Sorry, I didn't realize that you already had a BSLA.

Any BSBA specialty will be more desirable than the General Management one.
FWIW, I'm currently going through the UL CIS courses on SDC. If you're at all familiar with computers already, these are going to be relatively easy to complete. The assignment requirements for Database Management was confusingly worded in places but it's not overly difficult to do. Fingers crossed that it gets graded favorably.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 16 717 1 hour ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 270 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,159 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch