Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRACS - WOLBI - Word of Life Bible institute
Liberty University is very likely to accept those credits based in their previous association and those credits having been na at the time.
TRACS is still recognized by the US DOE.
Continues to be listed as an accreditor under Community and Social Services header.

https://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred...n_pg5.html
Excelsior accepts a certain amount of nationally accredited courses.
OP - As you are aware, there are multiple variations of accreditation in the US.  Here are the major 5 types and the quick list in each...
Update: My recommendation is have a look at Liberty and other faith-based RA schools and/or other RA schools that take NA credit.
So, that list includes Excelsior, Liberty, WGU and you may want them to take a look at competency based degrees from APUS, Walden, etc.

Regional Accreditation: Used to be 6 + NY (before WASC split into two)

1.    Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
   (formerly part of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges)
2.    Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
   (formerly part of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA))
3.    Middle States Commission on Higher Education
4.    New England Association of Schools and Colleges
       (NEASC-CIHE) Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
       (NEASC-CTCI) Commission on Technical and Career Institutions
5.    Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
6.    Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) Commission on Colleges
7.    Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges
8.    The Board of Regents of the State of New York is recognized as an accreditor.

National Accreditation: DEAC is also recognized by CHEA*

1.    Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) (recognized by USDE)
2.    Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) (recognized by USDE)
3.    Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET) (recognized by USDE)
4.    Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) (recognized by USDE)
5.    Council on Occupational Education (COE) (recognized by USDE)
6.    Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) (recognized by USDE and CHEA*)

National Faith-Based Accreditation: (Nationally Accredited, see above)

1.    Association of Advanced Rabbinical and Talmudic Schools (AARTS)
2.    Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS) Commission on Accrediting
3.    Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE) Commission on Accreditation
4.    Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS) Accreditation Commission

Programmatic / Secondary Accreditation:  The list is very long but here's an example short-list.
May 3, 2020 - Updated Link: https://www.guidetoonlineschools.com/res...reditation

**Last but not least are the non-accredited but state approved colleges and universities**
These are useful for some specific type of degree that may not be available for cheap elsewhere.
Here's a thread with a few of my posts explaining it: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-NA-degree
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • JWells247
(05-31-2020, 07:39 AM)chorizo Wrote: TRACS is still recognized by the US DOE.
Continues to be listed as an accreditor under Community and Social Services header.

https://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred...n_pg5.html

hrm, interesting. i wonder why it's left off the newly updated list i linked
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
University of Maine at Presque Isle will review non-accredited courses and determine if they are eligible for credit. There is no guarantee they will take them, but they will at least look at them to see if they will. It's better than nothing.

UMPI is an RA school.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
(05-31-2020, 03:25 AM)anewmanx Wrote: Liberty University is very likely to accept those credits based in their previous association and those credits having been na at the time.

This is true. I will tell him to look into agreement schools. TRACS only really transfers out to other TRACS schools. He briefly attended a CUNY- HOSTOS Community College (only Associates degrees awarded) which does accept NA credits to my surprise. It is a regionally accredited.

(05-31-2020, 11:46 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: OP - As you are aware, there are multiple variations of accreditation in the US.  Here are the major 5 types and the quick list in each...
Update: My recommendation is have a look at Liberty and other faith-based RA schools and/or other RA schools that take NA credit.
So, that list includes Excelsior, Liberty, WGU and you may want them to take a look at competency based degrees from APUS, Walden, etc.

Regional Accreditation: Used to be 6 + NY (before WASC split into two)

1.    Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
2.    Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
   (formerly part of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA))
3.    Middle States Commission on Higher Education
4.    New England Association of Schools and Colleges
       (NEASC-CIHE) Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
       (NEASC-CTCI) Commission on Technical and Career Institutions
5.    Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
6.    Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) Commission on Colleges
7.    Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges
8.    The Board of Regents of the State of New York is recognized as an accreditor.

National Accreditation: DEAC is also recognized by CHEA*

1.    Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) (recognized by USDE)
2.    Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) (recognized by USDE)
3.    Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET) (recognized by USDE)
4.    Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) (recognized by USDE)
5.    Council on Occupational Education (COE) (recognized by USDE)
6.    Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) (recognized by USDE and CHEA*)

National Faith-Based Accreditation: (Nationally Accredited, see above)

1.    Association of Advanced Rabbinical and Talmudic Schools (AARTS)
2.    Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS) Commission on Accrediting
3.    Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE) Commission on Accreditation
4.    Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS) Accreditation Commission

Programmatic / Secondary Accreditation:  The list is very long but here's an example short-list.
May 3, 2020 - Updated Link: https://www.guidetoonlineschools.com/res...reditation

**Last but not least are the non-accredited but state approved colleges and universities**
These are useful for some specific type of degree that may not be available for cheap elsewhere.
Here's a thread with a few of my posts explaining it: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-NA-degree

Before this question I was NOT EVEN AWARE of the variations in accreditation and the levels of importance. I am surprised thank you for this list. I will look into Liberty and other schools thank you.

(06-01-2020, 12:10 PM)Tedium Wrote: University of Maine at Presque Isle will review non-accredited courses and determine if they are eligible for credit. There is no guarantee they will take them, but they will at least look at them to see if they will. It's better than nothing.

UMPI is an RA school.

Never heard of this school. I will look into it. Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You've been reading wrong all your life. How to read 1000 pages a day. LevelUP 2 203 04-17-2024, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Worldwide Education Services (WES) Shelf life? nyrsimon 3 245 04-02-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: nyrsimon
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 793 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Arts Institute is no longer... And they all bite the dust... bjcheung77 1 360 10-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Christian Leaders Institute… Vle045 17 4,013 09-30-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Travis_CVUgrad
  Life Experience degree from the Mexican Government itself elcastor21 6 610 09-13-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 833 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  From life in prison to law school - Full Ride Scholarship bjcheung77 0 406 09-20-2022, 12:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Woman Serving Life in Prison Admitted to Law School bluebooger 11 1,558 09-01-2022, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Abandoned Hymns Bring New Life to Our Christian Worship Music from Olivet University jacobmark 0 415 08-26-2022, 04:59 PM
Last Post: jacobmark