Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test to Satisfy Managerial Accounting Core Requirement
I am currently enrolled at Excelsior College and am trying to finish my Bachelor's Degree in General Business as quickly as possible. I know there is a test that satisfies all the core business requirements EXCEPT it seems Managerial Accounting. Is it true that there is no CLEP, ECE, DSST or TECEP test that will fulfill that core requirement? If there is a test, which would fulfill that requirement? The Excelsior College business advisor said I would have to take a course to fulfill it. If someone knows the answer to these questions, please let me know as soon as possible. If I have to take a course, I have to register for it through Excelsior by August 31, 2007. Thanks for your help!
I don't believe that there is a test anymore, but I would NOT enroll through Excelsior if I were you. Their courses are expensive and set schedule.

LSU has the course for a reasonable price:

LSU Independent and Distance Learning

The prereq for that is Financial accounting, and they did not actually check my pre-reqs when I enrolled in Intermediate Accounting, so I doubt they would for Managerial.

You can submit up to three lessons a week and use a local proctor for exams. Note that they do not mail exams until after they have received all lessons to be covered on the exam and plan accordingly. Even given that, you could theoretically complete this class in 6 weeks give or take for mailing times.
Elizabeth

BS Biology/Psychology Excelsior College (7/20/2007)

UMDNJ & Rutgers Business School
MS/MBA Candidate, Class of 2010
You could also take a course from LSU while at Excelsior. Running a course search for "Managerial Accounting" at Excelsior's website, I see courses offered from Excelsior, Brigham Young, Indiana University-Bloomington, and Louisiana State University (LSU). Wasn't sure if Sindaena was suggesting this or not.
Excelsior, BS, pursuing degree

Completed:
CLEP: Hum. (67), Hist. of U.S. I (74), Hist. of U.S. II (71), Intro. Psych. (69), Intro. Soc. (72), Soc. Sci. and Hist. (74), Western Civ I (72), Western Civ II (70), Am. Lit. (60), Intro. to Educ. Psych. (62), P. of Management (74), P. of Market. (74), Intro. Bus. Law (67), P. of Accounting (60), AmGov (68)
DSST: Ethics in Am. (76), P. of Super.(67), HRM (65), Intro to Bus. (70), MIS (65), P. of Fin (62), M&B (65), P. of Stat. (68)
ECE: OB (B)
TECEP:: IntFin, SecAna

Others

Total Credits: 129
Though I haven't actually taken any of the independent study courses at lsu or byu I have been looking at them and comparing the two independent study programs. Byu is $390, lsu $229

byu -Time Limit
You have one year from the date of enrollment to complete your course.

You are encouraged to maintain a regular schedule of study and we suggest, at the very least, you allow one week per credit to complete your course.

lsu - No more than three (3) lessons may be submitted in a seven day period. There are NO exceptions to this requirement. All lessons must be complete.

So depending on the number of lessons in the course lsu is cheaper but will take you longer than the course at byu.

Just thought I would share since I have been checking to see where to take and independent study course. The favorite choice that keeps appearing in the forums at least for business course seems to be csu - pueblo but they don't have accounting courses in the independent study area.
Judy -
AS - Computer Science - Andover college
BS - Mgmt Information Systems -June 08
MS - Info Systems Mgmt - Start Aug 08 - UMBC
I truly appreciate your help with this issue. I will more than likely take the course through LSU. What a HUGE difference in price between the LSU course and the Excelsior course. Whoa! :eek:
milah1 Wrote:I am currently enrolled at Excelsior College and am trying to finish my Bachelor's Degree in General Business as quickly as possible. I know there is a test that satisfies all the core business requirements EXCEPT it seems Managerial Accounting. Is it true that there is no CLEP, ECE, DSST or TECEP test that will fulfill that core requirement? If there is a test, which would fulfill that requirement? The Excelsior College business advisor said I would have to take a course to fulfill it. If someone knows the answer to these questions, please let me know as soon as possible. If I have to take a course, I have to register for it through Excelsior by August 31, 2007. Thanks for your help!

try google arizona western college and check out their online distance programs....
[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

CLEP

Intro to Psychology- 50
Natural Sciences - 53
Western Civilization II- 57
Humanities - 61
History of US I - 59
Social Sciences & History - 54
Western Civilization I - 67
Principles of Mgmt- 53
Intro to Sociology -64

DANTES

Rise and Fall of Soviet Union - 54
Intro to Middle East- 56
Intro to World Religions- 74
Intro to Computing - 53
Principles of Supervision- 51
Mgmt Info Sys- 53
Intro to Buisness- 59
American Ethics-51

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test score rogeryoung 4 235 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 217 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,848 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 515 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,845 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 969 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Inside the Vast National Experiment in Test-Optional College Admissions LevelUP 2 881 04-11-2022, 05:49 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  BALS degree Foreign Service Officer Test vetvso 2 803 02-25-2022, 02:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Med School Tutors now part of Blueprint Test Prep! bjcheung77 0 493 11-01-2021, 06:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need 12 Accounting Credits... TallC 6 1,269 08-17-2021, 01:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az