Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tesu capstone anxiety
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction in an Athletic Context.

It was essentially a sports-psychology paper about meditation.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • originalamyj
(08-04-2017, 06:28 AM)bingbangboom Wrote: I'm going for a BALS at TESU and I'm almost done, just need a few more classes and then the capstone.  I wanted to sign up for it in July, but my anxiety about it got the best of me ?.  Now I am rethinking my degree plan to something with a less daunting capstone.  Anyone here done the BSBA capstone?  Any advice?  All is appreciated.  Ty!

I am doing BSBA capstone right now, I'm in week 8, it's not very hard read the book and do your case study papers.  I was dreading enter and taking the capstone, it's actually pretty easy.

Good Luck

TESU: BSBA-CIS
----------------------------------------------------
Completed Jan 2018
davewill Wrote: No problem sharing. Even if you "steal" my idea, you'll write a completely different paper.

Connected to Distraction: The Effects of Automotive Infotainment Systems on Driving Safety

Now that's an awesome topic. I've not read anything remotely close to these type of reports yet....
The closest thing would be something along the lines of people following their GPS and still got lost.

(12-20-2017, 11:34 AM)jsd Wrote: Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction in an Athletic Context.

It was essentially a sports-psychology paper about meditation.

Wow, this is another great topic as well. Since I do meditation, not for sports but for health-related reasons.
I do Tai Chi to relax and loosen up from being on the net too long, Qi Gong and Ba Gua for building up energy.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
My topic was really obscure: Hapax Legomenon in the Pauline Corpus: Translation Methods for Ancient Texts.
Not sure that is real helpful to anyone unless you happen to have an interest in language studies. One of my hobbies is the study of ancient languages, textual criticism and translation methods. I already had about 75% of the sources I needed in my personal library so it wasn't hard to hunt down a couple of academic journals and a few ebooks to round out my research.

I too would echo what was said about narrowing your questions. I was a little concerned going into the project that my questions were too narrow. By the end, each question could have been their own paper. My final paper was 80+ pages. I cut out at least an additional 30 pages and honestly had to cut about half of my research on the final question because it was too much. I didn't think the professor would have appreciated a paper about double the size of what I submitted but I easily could have done that.

Some of the other topics I saw in my class were topics on economic development projects; how education affects political party affiliation; personality testing in the workplace; conflict in the workplace; and quite a few people wrote about technology - in the classroom, for people with disabilities, impact on teens etc. I think you could choose just about anything as long as you have an interest in it and are willing to immerse yourself in the topic for several months of your life.

I personally enjoyed the process (especially after months of quizzes and tests) and now that I'm in a master's program where you have to write A LOT, I'm finding the class was really helpful. This week I have to write two papers and one of them is not too different from my capstone (different topic) but using ten scholarly sources and structured as an APA paper. If nothing else it will either encourage or discourage you if you are debating continuing your education. For me it encouraged me to go ahead and pursue a master's degree as a hobby for now. In a couple of years I'll probably pursue a second graduate degree to gain teacher licensure.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
[-] The following 1 user Likes rlw74's post:
  • originalamyj
(12-20-2017, 01:18 PM)rlw74 Wrote: My topic was really obscure: Hapax Legomenon in the Pauline Corpus: Translation Methods for Ancient Texts. 
I'm picturing your mentor going "Whoa!" at the topic AND the page count! Wink
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
This comes up often about the capstone causing stress. It is designed to be a class that requires effort. I took it years ago and I can say it was one of more beneficial courses I have ever taking. Why? The reason being that if you want to go onto a masters or other higher learning you need to learn to properly research and right many pages on a topic with proper citations. This class will teach you that. As far as I remember, you can pick your area of interest for the paper. This is have the battle, you get to rese arch something that interests you. Now if you are force to write about something you despise or find dull than that would suck.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,927 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,618 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,025 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,583 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,207 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,293 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,284 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,324 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic