Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The AbleU Thread - Beta Testers Wanted
Very interested. I suggest you follow the CLEP/DSST model and provide a breakdown of the exam objectives for each exam and prepare 10 sample questions.
Also recommend specific text books which students can use for studying. I was expecting to see a page with this information when I clicked each of the exams on the exam page but was surprised to see those exam titles were not links. Maybe you are still under construction but I wanted to offer that feedback.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Hi all, hope everyone had a good holiday yesterday!

I've had ten people message me interested in beta testing the system, and I think that's pretty much everyone I need. Thanks profusely to everyone that messaged me volunteering to help. I'm still looking for a humanities or humanities-related PhD for some more specific work, so if that's you, send me a PM.

IrishJohn Wrote:I'm not sure I understand what "Thomas Edison's academic program review" is.

You can read more about TESC's Academic Program Review here: Thomas Edison State College: Academic Program Review

-Peter
Very clever idea AbleU, I like the concept. Good luck hopefully AbleU goes big-time! :]

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
I think I killed the AbleU website! :ack: It crashed after I finished half of the Mythology exam and won't come back up for me.

Btw, so far I'd say the exam is pretty good for the subject. Of course while I've read a lot of myths over the years I never formally studied it so there was some stuff on the first half at least I didn't have a clue about. If I don't manage to squeak by this exam I'd definitely need some study resources.
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
Hey all,

So, if you can't log into the testing system, don't fret, the server crashed because (probably) IrishJohn was just too much for one shared webserver to handle. ;-)

I'll be up until late tonight trying to figure out what went wrong, and how to make sure it doesn't happen again. So far, we've received some fairly good feedback -- it seems like the biggest problem so far is the fact that the system is a bit slow. If this is going to be a reoccurring theme, I'll move everything over to a VPS to eliminate some/all of the lag.

In the meantime, I'll put up some more study material on the preparation page.
-Peter
AbleU Wrote:Hey all,

So, if you can't log into the testing system, don't fret, the server crashed because (probably) IrishJohn was just too much for one shared webserver to handle. ;-)

I'll be up until late tonight trying to figure out what went wrong, and how to make sure it doesn't happen again. So far, we've received some fairly good feedback -- it seems like the biggest problem so far is the fact that the system is a bit slow. If this is going to be a reoccurring theme, I'll move everything over to a VPS to eliminate some/all of the lag.

In the meantime, I'll put up some more study material on the preparation page.
-Peter

Thanks, Peter. Seems to be working again or perhaps given the late hour I was the only one on the site. Wink At any rate both exams were pretty good, some minor misspellings (the Joan of Arc questions springs to mind, check "ransom"). I scored a 57 on the Mythology exam and a 70 on the Western Religions. I'm not sure what the passing score is but I guess these aren't bad scores given that I took them both cold and at such a late hour (insomnia, gotta love it! Not!).

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

According to the website, a passing score is 60 out of 80.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:According to the website, a passing score is 60 out of 80.

Ah! There it is:

"To earn a passing score of 60/80, a student must answer at least 60 questions, or 75% of all the questions correctly."
AbleU - Earn College Credit Through Examination

What can I say? It was very late... Wink

Looks like I passed the Western Religions exam but just missed Mythology by 3 points. Ah well. Guess I can take that one over again in 3 months. Not bad for the late hour I took them and with zero preparation. If these exams get some kind of good accreditation, I'll look for some study resources online. I did manage to find a quick one for Mythology after I finished the exam: Mythology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It's not bad and I recognize some things on that Wiki page that were on the test.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 514 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Athabasca U - BGS (Guinea Pigs Wanted) bjcheung77 30 3,135 12-30-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Wanted to Give Thanks TINASAM 8 1,300 04-13-2022, 12:48 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  Help finding a thread (or info) on FAFS reconsideration based on lower 2020 income studyingfortests 2 641 11-15-2021, 01:32 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Another Thanks Thread Clepking100 2 1,122 08-07-2020, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Clepking100
  Struggle Thread jcooke 15 2,500 05-26-2020, 09:34 AM
Last Post: lillingworth
  If you WANTED to hang with folks with COVID-19... LongRoad 1 816 05-11-2020, 05:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  New thread RodeRuner 0 940 04-07-2019, 09:32 AM
Last Post: RodeRuner
  WANTED: Bachelors degree, see details. (lol) Troymen 31 5,340 01-28-2019, 07:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Journey Thread -- BS Cybersecurity quigongene 106 25,880 01-26-2019, 12:39 PM
Last Post: quigongene