Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May I brag (a little)?
Normally, bragging is not something I do, but I wanted to share this: Since the ACTFL ACE approval was expiring, I decided to have our 8 year old youngest son attempt the OPI in German. He is bilingual at nearly a native speaker, but he has an 8 year old brain, so he would not be able to communicate higher level thoughts in any language. I figured, it might be fun to pick up 3 or 6 credits for $159. Worst comes to worst, I thought, he does not get any. He took that phone interview last Thursday. So today his rating came in: Intermediate Mid. Way to go to collect 6 LL credits at a young age. I am really proud of him and will buy him a small Lego set today Smile
That's really great and very good to be already working on required degree requirements.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
Yessss!!!! That's something to brag about!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(12-04-2018, 12:39 PM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: Normally, bragging is not something I do, but I wanted to share this: Since the ACTFL ACE approval was expiring, I decided to have our 8 year old youngest son attempt the OPI in German. He is bilingual at nearly a native speaker, but he has an 8 year old brain, so he would not be able to communicate higher level thoughts in any language. I figured, it might be fun to pick up 3 or 6 credits for $159. Worst comes to worst, I thought, he does not get any. He took that phone interview last Thursday. So today his rating came in: Intermediate Mid. Way to go to collect 6 LL credits at a young age. I am really proud of him and will buy him a small Lego set today Smile

6 college credits at 8 years old!!! Now that's AWESOME!!!!
Very cool! Good for him!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Wow, that is truly inspiring! Great job to both mom and kiddo!
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
(12-04-2018, 12:39 PM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: Normally, bragging is not something I do, but I wanted to share this: Since the ACTFL ACE approval was expiring, I decided to have our 8 year old youngest son attempt the OPI in German. He is bilingual at nearly a native speaker, but he has an 8 year old brain, so he would not be able to communicate higher level thoughts in any language. I figured, it might be fun to pick up 3 or 6 credits for $159. Worst comes to worst, I thought, he does not get any. He took that phone interview last Thursday. So today his rating came in: Intermediate Mid. Way to go to collect 6 LL credits at a young age. I am really proud of him and will buy him a small Lego set today Smile

Congrats to you and your son! I want to do the same thing with my daughter and Spanish. I’m trying to find an example of the types of questions and conversations. Do they exist?

(12-06-2018, 10:02 AM)Melhux Wrote:

Congrats to you and your son! I want to do the same thing with my daughter and Spanish. I’m trying to find an example of the types of questions and conversations. Do they exist?

ACTFL ACE approval expired.  But if you wanted to do CLEP instead, you could.  6-9 credits are available (and many schools will take these credits).  SpanishHour.com is supposed to be a good way to practice.  There's also ModernStates.org, which will get you a voucher to take the exam for free.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • mzcutie85

How wonderful!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ericamead21's post:
  • DIGI-212

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brag moment-15 yr DD passed her first CLEP today FlameLeaf-Nefarious 12 1,420 10-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Last Post: CLEPitgirl