Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The best strategy to complete BSBA in TESU, help.
#1
Dear friends

As i mention in previous thread, im non-US citizen looking to get my online degree to be able to get enrolled in master or PhD.

I know very little about the American educational system (and what I know is thanks to this forum), so maybe some of my questions are so basic for most of you.

I need any degree in any subject, and i need fast and cheap, but i think that if im gonna spend time and money it is ok for me to spend a little more and get something more "meaningful", so i think BSBA is the best option for me.

As i research TESU is the best option, specially because i can get "fast and cheap" acredited credits with study.com and Shmoop, but im a little confused about this and about what courses will be acredited for BSBA, i also have some other questions.

The Written Communication, Oral Communication and Quantitative Literacy must be done with TESU, you can accredit this courses, how this courses works? Like any other course, or i must do an oral presentation for the Oral Communication course??

I would like to know which is the best strategy to complete BSBA in TESU fast, which courses should be done with study.com, which should be done with Shmoop, etc...

I would also like to know if I do a course with study.com or Shmoop without being enrolled in TESU, Can I accredit the courses/credits at any time or courses and credits have an expiration date?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Reply
#2
Actually, TESU is the most expensive out of the schools you can test out of a degree. Charter Oak and Excelsior are cheaper for business degrees or any bachelors really. Also, TESU does not accept Shmoop but Charter Oak and Excelsior do accept Shoomp. You can transfer all but two courses which you must take at TESU (SOS-110 and the capstone). Same thing of 2 required courses at COSC and EC. You can take a variety of options to meet the oral communication requirement same as the other gen eds. They usually have options and you don't need one specific course. If saving money and using Shoomp are your priorities, I'd suggest switching schools.

Also Western Governors University you can transfer 75% of the degree using cheap credits and then do the remaining 25% at your own pace and speed through stuff you know. If you do it right, WGU can be the cheapest and quickest business degree of the all faster than TESU, COSC or EC. But, WGU does not take Shoomp either.

Wait I just realized WGU is only for US residents I believe.
Earned: AA, AAS, AGS
Determined to finish my bachelor's degree
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • cecilgambe7
Reply
#3
(07-16-2019, 02:23 PM)natshar Wrote: Also Western Governors University you can transfer 75% of the degree using cheap credits and then do the remaining 25% at your own pace and speed through stuff you know. If you do it right, WGU can be the cheapest and quickest business degree of the all faster than TESU, COSC or EC. But, WGU does not take Shoomp either.

Wait I just realized WGU is only for US residents I believe.

Yes, WGU only accepts U.S. residents (though exceptions are made for U.S. military personnel traveling abroad).
In Progress: Considering next steps
Up Next: Perhaps an MSCS or a DBA/DM/Ph.D.

Complete:
MBA in IT Management, 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA in Computer Information Systems, 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM in Computer Science, 2019, Thomas Edison State University

B&M CC: 8.68cr, TESU: 3cr, CLEP/DSST: 15cr, Study.com: 57cr, Straighterline: 19cr, ALEKS: 9cr, TEEX: 6cr, The Institutes: 2cr, Sophia: 2cr
(121.68 credits total. 95 credits earned in 10 months, with 45 of those earned in ~3 months)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • cecilgambe7
Reply
#4
(07-16-2019, 02:23 PM)natshar Wrote: Actually, TESU is the most expensive out of the schools you can test out of a degree. Charter Oak and Excelsior are cheaper for business degrees or any bachelors really. Also, TESU does not accept Shmoop but Charter Oak and Excelsior do accept Shoomp. You can transfer all but two courses which you must take at TESU (SOS-110 and the capstone). Same thing of 2 required courses at COSC and EC. You can take a variety of options to meet the oral communication requirement same as the other gen eds. They usually have options and you don't need one specific course. If saving money and using Shoomp are your priorities, I'd suggest switching schools.

Also Western Governors University you can transfer 75% of the degree using cheap credits and then do the remaining 25% at your own pace and speed through stuff you know. If you do it right, WGU can be the cheapest and quickest business degree of the all faster than TESU, COSC or EC. But, WGU does not take Shoomp either.

Wait I just realized WGU is only for US residents I believe.

Thank you for your reply.

So, im considering change to COSC after this information... im so confused because previous threads talk about TESU as the cheapest... anyway...

How to exactly know what courses can i take in Study.com, saylor.org, Shoomp, etc?, im so confused about this and i think it is important information for planning the whole thing.
Reply
#5
(07-17-2019, 09:22 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 02:23 PM)natshar Wrote: Actually, TESU is the most expensive out of the schools you can test out of a degree. Charter Oak and Excelsior are cheaper for business degrees or any bachelors really. Also, TESU does not accept Shmoop but Charter Oak and Excelsior do accept Shoomp. You can transfer all but two courses which you must take at TESU (SOS-110 and the capstone). Same thing of 2 required courses at COSC and EC. You can take a variety of options to meet the oral communication requirement same as the other gen eds. They usually have options and you don't need one specific course. If saving money and using Shoomp are your priorities, I'd suggest switching schools.

Also Western Governors University you can transfer 75% of the degree using cheap credits and then do the remaining 25% at your own pace and speed through stuff you know. If you do it right, WGU can be the cheapest and quickest business degree of the all faster than TESU, COSC or EC. But, WGU does not take Shoomp either.

Wait I just realized WGU is only for US residents I believe.

Thank you for your reply.

So, im considering change to COSC after this information... im so confused because previous threads talk about TESU as the cheapest... anyway...

How to exactly know what courses can i take in Study.com, saylor.org, Shoomp, etc?, im so confused about this and i think it is important information for planning the whole thing.

That is because they used to be the cheapest. Now they are not, this was a very recent change.They have raised their rates and made the study.com discount not as good. Now it is over $2k more of a TESU degree vs COSC.
Earned: AA, AAS, AGS
Determined to finish my bachelor's degree
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BA Math UL Credit satori 5 116 7 hours ago
Last Post: satori
  Two BSBA from TESU, possible? Mitmike2019 18 289 Yesterday, 12:47 AM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  JOE - TESU BALS Recommendations - bjcheung77 5 171 12-12-2019, 06:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  FYI | TESU - Data Analytics akr680 15 668 12-11-2019, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  TESU Biology II w / lab - Straighterline Accepted? Kalpa 9 332 12-08-2019, 04:01 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU enrolment with TECEP rules posabsolute 14 731 12-08-2019, 01:56 PM
Last Post: udi
  UL courses for TESU BA in English? pws 4 306 12-04-2019, 03:08 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  TESU BSBA CAPSTONE BUS-421 SYLLABUS Mitmike2019 4 207 12-03-2019, 01:44 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Business 209: Mentoring & Leadership Development in the Workplace to TESU (UL or LL) Mitmike2019 5 187 12-01-2019, 01:47 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA-CIS AOS Test out Mitmike2019 2 130 12-01-2019, 01:35 AM
Last Post: akr680

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)