Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best strategy to complete BSBA in TESU, help.
Dear friends

As i mention in previous thread, im non-US citizen looking to get my online degree to be able to get enrolled in master or PhD.

I know very little about the American educational system (and what I know is thanks to this forum), so maybe some of my questions are so basic for most of you.

I need any degree in any subject, and i need fast and cheap, but i think that if im gonna spend time and money it is ok for me to spend a little more and get something more "meaningful", so i think BSBA is the best option for me.

As i research TESU is the best option, specially because i can get "fast and cheap" acredited credits with study.com and Shmoop, but im a little confused about this and about what courses will be acredited for BSBA, i also have some other questions.

The Written Communication, Oral Communication and Quantitative Literacy must be done with TESU, you can accredit this courses, how this courses works? Like any other course, or i must do an oral presentation for the Oral Communication course??

I would like to know which is the best strategy to complete BSBA in TESU fast, which courses should be done with study.com, which should be done with Shmoop, etc...

I would also like to know if I do a course with study.com or Shmoop without being enrolled in TESU, Can I accredit the courses/credits at any time or courses and credits have an expiration date?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Actually, TESU is the most expensive out of the schools you can test out of a degree. Charter Oak and Excelsior are cheaper for business degrees or any bachelors really. Also, TESU does not accept Shmoop but Charter Oak and Excelsior do accept Shoomp. You can transfer all but two courses which you must take at TESU (SOS-110 and the capstone). Same thing of 2 required courses at COSC and EC. You can take a variety of options to meet the oral communication requirement same as the other gen eds. They usually have options and you don't need one specific course. If saving money and using Shoomp are your priorities, I'd suggest switching schools.

Also Western Governors University you can transfer 75% of the degree using cheap credits and then do the remaining 25% at your own pace and speed through stuff you know. If you do it right, WGU can be the cheapest and quickest business degree of the all faster than TESU, COSC or EC. But, WGU does not take Shoomp either.

Wait I just realized WGU is only for US residents I believe.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • cecilgambe7
(07-16-2019, 02:23 PM)natshar Wrote: Also Western Governors University you can transfer 75% of the degree using cheap credits and then do the remaining 25% at your own pace and speed through stuff you know. If you do it right, WGU can be the cheapest and quickest business degree of the all faster than TESU, COSC or EC. But, WGU does not take Shoomp either.

Yes, WGU only accepts U.S. residents (though exceptions are made for U.S. military personnel traveling abroad).
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • cecilgambe7
(07-16-2019, 02:23 PM)natshar Wrote: Actually, TESU is the most expensive out of the schools you can test out of a degree. Charter Oak and Excelsior are cheaper for business degrees or any bachelors really. Also, TESU does not accept Shmoop but Charter Oak and Excelsior do accept Shoomp. You can transfer all but two courses which you must take at TESU (SOS-110 and the capstone). Same thing of 2 required courses at COSC and EC. You can take a variety of options to meet the oral communication requirement same as the other gen eds. They usually have options and you don't need one specific course. If saving money and using Shoomp are your priorities, I'd suggest switching schools.

Also Western Governors University you can transfer 75% of the degree using cheap credits and then do the remaining 25% at your own pace and speed through stuff you know. If you do it right, WGU can be the cheapest and quickest business degree of the all faster than TESU, COSC or EC. But, WGU does not take Shoomp either.

Thank you for your reply.

So, im considering change to COSC after this information... im so confused because previous threads talk about TESU as the cheapest... anyway...

How to exactly know what courses can i take in Study.com, saylor.org, Shoomp, etc?, im so confused about this and i think it is important information for planning the whole thing.
(07-17-2019, 09:22 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 02:23 PM)natshar Wrote: Actually, TESU is the most expensive out of the schools you can test out of a degree. Charter Oak and Excelsior are cheaper for business degrees or any bachelors really. Also, TESU does not accept Shmoop but Charter Oak and Excelsior do accept Shoomp. You can transfer all but two courses which you must take at TESU (SOS-110 and the capstone). Same thing of 2 required courses at COSC and EC. You can take a variety of options to meet the oral communication requirement same as the other gen eds. They usually have options and you don't need one specific course. If saving money and using Shoomp are your priorities, I'd suggest switching schools.

Thank you for your reply.

So, im considering change to COSC after this information... im so confused because previous threads talk about TESU as the cheapest... anyway...

How to exactly know what courses can i take in Study.com, saylor.org, Shoomp, etc?, im so confused about this and i think it is important information for planning the whole thing.

That is because they used to be the cheapest. Now they are not, this was a very recent change.They have raised their rates and made the study.com discount not as good. Now it is over $2k more of a TESU degree vs COSC.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 699 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,978 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch