Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcript Credit Delays
Has anyone here noticed a delay in transcripts being applied to your TESU Academic Evaluation? I find that normally TESU has a delay of a few days after receiving a transcript before it is applied to my evaluations, but I submitted one two weeks ago that TESU shows as received, but credit isn't appearing. Since then I've sent over two more transcripts that also show they've got them, but nothing applied to my eval.

Is anyone else experiencing delays?
In progress:
TESU BSBA-CIS (120/120) [Completed, delayed conferral]
TESU BA-COS (117/120)
TESU ASNSM Math (59/61) 
Remaining:
SDC - Systems Analysis, Data Structures, Comp Architecture, Discrete Math, Business Communication
SL Going to try Sophia- Calculus 1
MAT-105 Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics TECEP
CSM Learn
TESU - Cornerstone, Capstone

[-] The following 1 user Likes Turkish's post:
  • Dorothy44
(02-18-2021, 08:49 AM)Turkish Wrote: Has anyone here noticed a delay in transcripts being applied to your TESU Academic Evaluation? I find that normally TESU has a delay of a few days after receiving a transcript before it is applied to my evaluations, but I submitted one two weeks ago that TESU shows as received, but credit isn't appearing. Since then I've sent over two more transcripts that also show they've got them, but nothing applied to my eval.

Yeah, I sent in Communication at Work from Sophia a long while ago and I don't think they ever sent me the "evaluation complete" email and it wasn't added to my transcript. I suspect that one consequence of making ACE transcripts free is that people are sending new transcripts to TESU every time they complete just one new course. Combined with TESU's new policy of requiring 24 RA credits unless you send in everything by March has probably led to them being inundated with transcripts coming in. I am absolutely not surprised. Things will probably go back to normal in March or April, depending on how much of a backlog they have.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
For me it's taken like 3-4 days for them to acknowledge receiving the transcripts, then another week or so for it to be added to the academic evaluation. They haven't been sending a follow-up email when it's added. I just see it in Walking Stick. They're probably swamped with people trying to get their credits in before the new rules kick in at the beginning of March.
Not just the credit deadline but also dealing with graduation audits for March.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
(02-18-2021, 08:49 AM)Turkish Wrote: Has anyone here noticed a delay in transcripts being applied to your TESU Academic Evaluation? I find that normally TESU has a delay of a few days after receiving a transcript before it is applied to my evaluations, but I submitted one two weeks ago that TESU shows as received, but credit isn't appearing. Since then I've sent over two more transcripts that also show they've got them, but nothing applied to my eval.

Turkish - how long is the delay in between you sending the transcripts and TESU showing them as received?  I sent one last week and it's not showing received.  I had to send my final one over today because SDC FINALLY posted my grade for my last class.  

A lot of us are down to the wire with trying to get everything in by March 1st before the new RA policy takes effect.  IIRC, we'll be ok as long as TESU receives the transcripts by March 1st.   But if they are delayed in showing receipt of those transcripts by the deadline, I'm wondering what's going to happen then.
Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I was initially worried that TESU wasn't applying credits due to the RA credit changes and was going to take a few emails to resolve. It definitely makes sense that they're overwhelmed with people sending in transcripts to meet the deadline, and additionally so because there isn't a cost associated with sending ACE/Acclaim transcripts, on top of graduations.

Diana321 - To answer your question, the most recent transcript I sent in was sent to TESU by SDC on Monday this week and it showed up in WalkingStick on Wednesday morning (transcript received, not applied to eval). Historically for me it's usually been a day or two to acknowledge the transcript receipt, then it's another day or two to get on the eval and they send an email about it. Lately, it's been much more aligned with what rachel83az and utility mention - Delays in seeing it update as received, delays in adding it to Academic Evals, and not sending emails about receiving/adding the transcripts. For SDC I've been making sure to save the copy they send me as well as TESU, just in case there's a dispute on when those credits were sent after the March 1st deadline.
In progress:
TESU BA-COS (117/120)
TESU ASNSM Math (59/61) 
Remaining:
SDC - Systems Analysis, Data Structures, Comp Architecture, Discrete Math, Business Communication
CSM Learn

[-] The following 1 user Likes Turkish's post:
  • Diana321
(02-18-2021, 10:40 AM)Turkish Wrote: Diana321 - To answer your question, the most recent transcript I sent in was sent to TESU by SDC on Monday this week and it showed up in WalkingStick on Wednesday morning (transcript received, not applied to eval). Historically for me it's usually been a day or two to acknowledge the transcript receipt, then it's another day or two to get on the eval and they send an email about it. Lately, it's been much more aligned with what rachel83az and utility mention - Delays in seeing it update as received, delays in adding it to Academic Evals, and not sending emails about receiving/adding the transcripts. For SDC I've been making sure to save the copy they send me as well as TESU, just in case there's a dispute on when those credits were sent after the March 1st deadline.

Turkish - thank you for letting me know.  I've also saved the SDC email. Just as you mentioned, it's a great way to prove when it was sent.  I'm hoping my Sophia via Acclaim transcripts get there soon because I don't see a way of proving when they were sent (maybe I'm missing it).
Hi Diana321,

Glad I could help. I haven't used Sophia for credits and I haven't transferred from Acclaim to TESU yet, so I don't know if they send a confirmation email to your personal address at the same time. I know a lot of people on this board have used Sophia, so hopefully someone can chime in.

One item that does stand out for the credit cutoff is the wording on the March 1st deadline. When TESU would make sweeping changes, they were generally really good about accepting downgraded courses at old equivalencies if you'd completed it before their change, regardless of when the credits got applied. One thing that is very apparent to me is that they constantly list the cutoff date for receiving credits. They are very clear and keep repeating "provided we receive the transcript before March 1, 2021" which leads me to believe there will be little to no leeway on alt credits coming in after that deadline. Hopefully Acclaim sends a copy to people's personal email so any disputes can be resolved.
In progress:
TESU BA-COS (117/120)
TESU ASNSM Math (59/61) 
Remaining:
CSM Learn

They are dragging their feet on purpose. The volume of people sending transcripts in is not larger than usual.

They are losing money because of covid.

In fact they are very insistent on wanting students to drop TECEPs that won't fit in degree, if you take TECEP just for enrollment, they would rather you take a course than just exam.
(02-19-2021, 12:33 AM)Seagull Wrote: They are dragging their feet on purpose. The volume of people sending transcripts in is not larger than usual.

They are losing money because of covid.

In fact they are very insistent on wanting students to drop TECEPs that won't fit in degree, if you take TECEP just for enrollment, they would rather you take a course than just exam.

How do you know they're dragging their feet on purpose? How do you know what their volume is like? There's definitely more people on here in a mad rush trying to complete their degree by March so it stands to reason that there are delays. NJ has had MANY restrictions placed on them. Offices were forced to close down. Colleges were as well. They allow limited staff now in colleges. Same as NY. It can take awhile even without a pandemic to receive a transcript evaluation. It's not like the folks in the Registrar's office have nothing else to do than evaluate transcripts for people who haven't enrolled yet. Colleges typically focus on the students on campus before the online ones. The beginning of every term is a zoo at the Registrar's office. It's not like this office is staffed with 50 people. It's rare to see one - unless it's a VERY large school - to have more than 3-4 people working in the Registrar's office. Many schools returned to campus later than usual due to Covid. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • manmanthegr8

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 455 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,733 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 771 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  TESU Application and Transcript Transfer? Jwheels27 9 721 12-15-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How often Study.com transcript to TESU? Carnation 3 473 12-09-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Credit distribution Kones 6 510 10-13-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Kones
  Confusion about BALS with concentration transcript Raine 5 428 08-23-2023, 08:13 PM
  90 credit max transfer, does that include TECEPs? Math avoidant 21 2,881 08-01-2023, 03:25 AM
  TESU ENS-360 Credit from Lawshelf Niketay 1 447 07-28-2023, 09:19 PM
  TESU Transcript Key? Insert Name 1 419 07-06-2023, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Insert Name