Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcript Credit Delays
(02-24-2021, 12:38 PM)Turkish Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 01:42 AM)al329 Wrote: Acclaim Transcript sent on 2 Feb... email from TESU that they received them on the 8th.. still waiting ….

I think a month to add credits is a little much.... I really hope they do something to streamline to process.

I'm wondering if they've realized that there would be a bunch of people sending in a ton of ACE transcripts before the March 1st deadline and decided not to process anything until after the deadline passes. That would avoid having to add each transcript as it comes in, they'd only need to look at the one closest to March 1st.  That could explain why we're all seeing these delays. I also got a confirmation at the beginning of Feb and it still hasn't been applied and I've got enough RA credit to avoid the March 1st cutoff.
I agree, I think so too. But if one has proof of course completion in February and sent the non ACE transcripts in, they should honor it once the badges are available in the middle of March. I am saving all the paper trail and communications between TESU, course institution and Acclaim. This way I can prove when course was taken. Some have said they will honor it.
(02-24-2021, 12:38 PM)Turkish Wrote: I'm wondering if they've realized that there would be a bunch of people sending in a ton of ACE transcripts before the March 1st deadline and decided not to process anything until after the deadline passes. That would avoid having to add each transcript as it comes in, they'd only need to look at the one closest to March 1st.  That could explain why we're all seeing these delays. I also got a confirmation at the beginning of Feb and it still hasn't been applied and I've got enough RA credit to avoid the March 1st cutoff.

This makes a lot of sense. they don't have an unlimited staff. Their priority is the students on campus not the online students. I know people don't like to hear that but that's the reality at most schools with online programs. They're also probably being hammered with transcripts. Who knows how many people actually process them. I don't envy them that's for sure.
(02-24-2021, 03:15 PM)ss20ts Wrote: ... Their priority is the students on campus not the online students. I know people don't like to hear that but that's the reality at most schools with online programs. ...

TESU doesn't have any students on campus, except a very small number of nursing students.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Flelm
(02-25-2021, 07:07 AM)davewill Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 03:15 PM)ss20ts Wrote: ... Their priority is the students on campus not the online students. I know people don't like to hear that but that's the reality at most schools with online programs. ...

TESU doesn't have any students on campus, except a very small number of nursing students.

Why the heck do they have 7 buildings then? All of their degrees can't be completed online either. This place is so odd. LOL 
(02-25-2021, 01:39 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Why the heck do they have 7 buildings then? All of their degrees can't be completed online either. This place is so odd. LOL 

The reason they have degrees that can't be completed in their entirety at TESU is because they specialize in degree COMPLETION. A lot of their degrees assume you're coming from military or other training or another school where you were able to fulfill the missing requirements. For all the complaints we have around here, they are actually really cool and valuable.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • ss20ts
(02-25-2021, 03:22 PM)davewill Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 01:39 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Why the heck do they have 7 buildings then? All of their degrees can't be completed online either. This place is so odd. LOL 

The reason they have degrees that can't be completed in their entirety at TESU is because they specialize in degree COMPLETION. A lot of their degrees assume you're coming from military or other training or another school where you were able to fulfill the missing requirements. For all the complaints we have around here, they are actually really cool and valuable.

So they are really focused on military students. Excelsior is like that as well. It's still odd to have 7 buildings without students on campus. They're even building a new building for the nursing school.
I just checked my eval and see that all of my credits have been applied. I didn't receive an email stating that TESU received the transcripts, nor did I receive the customary "your academic evaluation is now complete" email - completely understandable, given the volume that I am sure they are facing. But for anyone else anxiously waiting, check your eval if you haven't already done so.
Diana321 - you must be one of the lucky ones. I've been checking the Academic Eval for a while as the credits typically show up there before I receive the transcript message from TESU. I know there's a few people who have been waiting close to a month for their credits to be applied. Were these ACE/Acclaim credits or were they from another source? I signed up for SOS-110 and it appears on my evaluation and planned credit. I haven't transferred from any non-ACE sources though. Just ACE credits Acclaim->TESU and ACE credits SDC->TESU and none of those have appeared.
In progress:
TESU BSBA-CIS (120/120) [Completed, delayed conferral]
TESU BA-COS (117/120)
TESU ASNSM Math (59/61) 
Remaining:
SDC - Systems Analysis, Data Structures, Comp Architecture, Discrete Math, Business Communication
SL Going to try Sophia- Calculus 1
MAT-105 Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics TECEP
CSM Learn
TESU - Cornerstone, Capstone

(02-25-2021, 04:28 PM)Turkish Wrote: Diana321 - you must be one of the lucky ones. I've been checking the Academic Eval for a while as the credits typically show up there before I receive the transcript message from TESU. I know there's a few people who have been waiting close to a month for their credits to be applied. Were these ACE/Acclaim credits or were they from another source?  I signed up for SOS-110 and it appears on my evaluation and planned credit. I haven't transferred from any non-ACE sources though. Just ACE credits Acclaim->TESU and ACE credits SDC->TESU and none of those have appeared.

Turkish - they were ACE credits from both Acclaim (I had taken a few Sophia courses recently) and from Study.com.  I experienced the same thing you did - when I signed up for the March capstone on 1/29/21, it appeared on my evaluation right away as planned credit.  But it took a few weeks for my ACE credits to show up.  

Fingers crossed for you and everyone here who is waiting for this to play out.
The last few evaluations I've had with TESU has been the "we received your transcripts" email and then at some point my eval gets updated but no "academic evaluation is complete" email.

I've just assumed they only have been sending that if you are at the 2 evaluations before you have to enroll. Looks like they've updated my evaluation from the 16th today.
In Progress:
TESU:
BA Computer Science (117/120)
SoonCapstone

Completed: AS in Mathematics, Certificate in Computer Information Systems

TESU: 6 Credits (SOS-110, CMP-3540) - 2023
Coursera: 24 Credits (IBM Data Analysis & Visualization Foundations, SAS Advanced Programmer, Google Data Analytics) 2022-2023
Study.com: 27 Credits (Management Information Systems, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management, Computer Architecture, Discrete Mathematics, Geometry, Data Structures, Intro to Operating Systems, Calculus) 2020-2022
InstantCert.com: 3 Credits (American Government) - 2022
CSMLearn.com: 3 Credits - 2021
Sophia.org: 46 Credits - 2020
Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service 11 Credits - 2020
B&M College: 105.34 Credits - 2010

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 460 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,737 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 772 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  TESU Application and Transcript Transfer? Jwheels27 9 722 12-15-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How often Study.com transcript to TESU? Carnation 3 476 12-09-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Credit distribution Kones 6 514 10-13-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Kones
  Confusion about BALS with concentration transcript Raine 5 430 08-23-2023, 08:13 PM
  90 credit max transfer, does that include TECEPs? Math avoidant 21 2,881 08-01-2023, 03:25 AM
  TESU ENS-360 Credit from Lawshelf Niketay 1 447 07-28-2023, 09:19 PM
  TESU Transcript Key? Insert Name 1 419 07-06-2023, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Insert Name