Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcript Credit Delays
Yet there were no delays in the midst of covid scare and lockdowns and restrictions.

But now that the policy has changed things have slowed down even worse.

And I am in constant communication with them by phone and email.

I do not care what reason they have, they are a business and when I spend money purchasing what they offer I want to see job done. Plain and simple.

Even the responses by phone have changed especially about TECEPs. I just took one TECEP to reenroll and the insistence, even by email, asking me to drop it, bordering on rude.

So no, don't tell me I do not know when I witness firsthand in phone and email communications how things have changed since they announced the new policy.

(02-19-2021, 11:35 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 12:33 AM)Seagull Wrote: They are dragging their feet on purpose. The volume of people sending transcripts in is not larger than usual.

They are losing money because of covid.

In fact they are very insistent on wanting students to drop TECEPs that won't fit in degree, if you take TECEP just for enrollment, they would rather you take a course than just exam.

How do you know they're dragging their feet on purpose? How do you know what their volume is like? There's definitely more people on here in a mad rush trying to complete their degree by March so it stands to reason that there are delays. NJ has had MANY restrictions placed on them. Offices were forced to close down. Colleges were as well. They allow limited staff now in colleges. Same as NY. It can take awhile even without a pandemic to receive a transcript evaluation. It's not like the folks in the Registrar's office have nothing else to do than evaluate transcripts for people who haven't enrolled yet. Colleges typically focus on the students on campus before the online ones. The beginning of every term is a zoo at the Registrar's office. It's not like this office is staffed with 50 people. It's rare to see one - unless it's a VERY large school - to have more than 3-4 people working in the Registrar's office. Many schools returned to campus later than usual due to Covid. 
Can't a person just have an opinion without you dissecting it?

"How do you know....." Jeez, less anger please. 

Was just venting my frustration. 

And yes they want students to take courses with them so it is taking an awful longer time for them to make credits finally appear.

I know when credits were received and they confirm it with email, so no shouldn't take 2-3 months to make them appear on evaluation. Someone is not doing their job.
But there have been delays in the past year, especially around last April/May. This coincided with their decision to drop the SDC partner discount.

And now this year we have:
1. Free ACE transcripts
2. A new TESU policy that is encouraging people to send in as many transcripts as possible
3. People wanting to graduate and sending in their transcripts to meet the deadline.
4. A closed office and being forced to work remotely.

They might be able to cope with any one or two of these without many issues. But all of them at once is leading to a perfect storm of delays.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • manmanthegr8
(02-20-2021, 07:50 AM)rachel83az Wrote: But there have been delays in the past year, especially around last April/May. This coincided with their decision to drop the SDC partner discount.

1. Free ACE transcripts
2. A new TESU policy that is encouraging people to send in as many transcripts as possible
3. People wanting to graduate and sending in their transcripts to meet the deadline.

They might be able to cope with any one or two of these without many issues. But all of them at once is leading to a perfect storm of delays.

Do we need our transcripts to be evaluated before March or just sent transcripts before March?
Completed:
TESU - BSBA General Management (2021)
TESU - ASNSM Computer Science (2021)

IT Certificates:
A+, N+, S+, AWS Cloud Pract
(02-20-2021, 09:36 AM)dodek101 Wrote: Do we need our transcripts to be evaluated before March or just sent transcripts before March?

The policy only says that it needs to be received before March 1st. Since the 1st is a Monday, I would send in any transcripts by Thursday at the latest.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • dodek101
(02-20-2021, 07:28 AM)Seagull Wrote: Yet there were no delays in the midst of covid scare and lockdowns and restrictions.

But now that the policy has changed things have slowed down even worse.

And I am in constant communication with them by phone and email.

I do not care what reason they have, they are a business and when I spend money purchasing what they offer I want to see job done. Plain and simple.

Even the responses by phone have changed especially about TECEPs. I just took one TECEP to reenroll and the insistence, even by email, asking me to drop it, bordering on rude.

So no, don't tell me I do not know when I witness firsthand in phone and email communications how things have changed since they announced the new policy.

(02-19-2021, 11:35 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 12:33 AM)Seagull Wrote: They are dragging their feet on purpose. The volume of people sending transcripts in is not larger than usual.

In fact they are very insistent on wanting students to drop TECEPs that won't fit in degree, if you take TECEP just for enrollment, they would rather you take a course than just exam.

How do you know they're dragging their feet on purpose? How do you know what their volume is like? There's definitely more people on here in a mad rush trying to complete their degree by March so it stands to reason that there are delays. NJ has had MANY restrictions placed on them. Offices were forced to close down. Colleges were as well. They allow limited staff now in colleges. Same as NY. It can take awhile even without a pandemic to receive a transcript evaluation. It's not like the folks in the Registrar's office have nothing else to do than evaluate transcripts for people who haven't enrolled yet. Colleges typically focus on the students on campus before the online ones. The beginning of every term is a zoo at the Registrar's office. It's not like this office is staffed with 50 people. It's rare to see one - unless it's a VERY large school - to have more than 3-4 people working in the Registrar's office. Many schools returned to campus later than usual due to Covid. 
Can't a person just have an opinion without you dissecting it?

"How do you know....." Jeez, less anger please. 

Was just venting my frustration. 

And yes they want students to take courses with them so it is taking an awful longer time for them to make credits finally appear.

I know when credits were received and they confirm it with email, so no shouldn't take 2-3 months to make them appear on evaluation. Someone is not doing their job.

I didn't tell you anything about their policies. I simply asked how do you know what's going there. I wasn't angry at all. don't know where you got that from. Most people who aren't in NY/NJ/CT have no idea how locked down things have been here and still are. 

I agree. I needed to have some things corrected on my transcript because they suddenly decided to make some edits and some of my courses disappeared for some reason. I emailed them to have it corrected along with some other issues and the email thread lasted almost two weeks. Felt like they were pushing me to take more classes when I only have just the cornerstone and capstone left.

They never had the best customer service, but they are worst than ever right now. A certain female advisor in particular; the male I eventually dealt was fine.
(02-20-2021, 09:36 AM)dodek101 Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 07:50 AM)rachel83az Wrote: But there have been delays in the past year, especially around last April/May. This coincided with their decision to drop the SDC partner discount.

1. Free ACE transcripts

Do we need our transcripts to be evaluated before March or just sent transcripts before March?
They told me as long as one can prove exam was taken in February, so I saved their email saying that in case they do not honor that. That's in the case of some badges that will be issued mid March

(02-20-2021, 06:14 PM)moptop Wrote:

I agree. I needed to have some things corrected on my transcript because they suddenly decided to make some edits and some of my courses disappeared for some reason. I emailed them to have it corrected along with some other issues and the email thread lasted almost two weeks. Felt like they were pushing me to take more classes when I only have just the cornerstone and capstone left.

They never had the best customer service, but they are worst than ever right now. A certain female advisor in particular; the male I eventually dealt was fine.
The male one I dealt with was polite but kept insisting I dropped my TECEP.   I have only Capstone left but want to take it later.
I've seen this.. I spoke to my advisor on Monday and even though she didn't let on when I would have an updated AE, she mentioned that there was some kind of hold on my transcripts so they could be "evaluated". I'm not worried about them getting accepted, but I'm imagining that with multiple transcripts coming in from students at this time, they may be taking the strategy of waiting until after March 1st passes and the ACE transcripts are cutoff for the students over 90 credits..then they will evaluate them.

She also mentioned, like others in this thread to make sure to have the transcripts in early..Sunday night Feb 28th won't cut it. She estimated having them in by Thursday the 25th at the latest.

Minor vent: Trying to get all these credits in and registered (especially with TESU's ghosting of the academic evaluations in this period) have all been very F*n stressful the last few weeks. This stress is compounded with the issues with the DSST Money and Banking test getting rejected by TESU because ACE did not update their website with the proper renewal recommendation as well as my last AOS class being SDCs International Finance which has a 3000-word paper that I need to finish by Thurs.

I may just let it all go, take a breath & chalk it up to a good run with the ACE/NCCRS credits and focus on taking that last class and Capstone at TESU. I did 113 credits via ACE/NCCRS, which is awesome. I'm sure I can deal with a regular class or two to get finished and graduated...Just will take longer.
Acclaim Transcript sent on 2 Feb... email from TESU that they received them on the 8th.. still waiting ….

I think a month to add credits is a little much.... I really hope they do something to streamline to process.
(02-24-2021, 01:42 AM)al329 Wrote: Acclaim Transcript sent on 2 Feb... email from TESU that they received them on the 8th.. still waiting ….

I think a month to add credits is a little much.... I really hope they do something to streamline to process.

I'm wondering if they've realized that there would be a bunch of people sending in a ton of ACE transcripts before the March 1st deadline and decided not to process anything until after the deadline passes. That would avoid having to add each transcript as it comes in, they'd only need to look at the one closest to March 1st.  That could explain why we're all seeing these delays. I also got a confirmation at the beginning of Feb and it still hasn't been applied and I've got enough RA credit to avoid the March 1st cutoff.
In progress:
TESU BSBA-CIS (120/120) [Completed, delayed conferral]
TESU BA-COS (117/120)
TESU ASNSM Math (59/61) 
Remaining:
SDC - Systems Analysis, Data Structures, Comp Architecture, Discrete Math, Business Communication
SL Going to try Sophia- Calculus 1
MAT-105 Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics TECEP
CSM Learn
TESU - Cornerstone, Capstone

[-] The following 2 users Like Turkish's post:
  • bigrivergroup, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 11 614 10 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 6 140 11 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,754 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 791 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  TESU Application and Transcript Transfer? Jwheels27 9 733 12-15-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How often Study.com transcript to TESU? Carnation 3 483 12-09-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Credit distribution Kones 6 517 10-13-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Kones
  Confusion about BALS with concentration transcript Raine 5 433 08-23-2023, 08:13 PM
  90 credit max transfer, does that include TECEPs? Math avoidant 21 2,896 08-01-2023, 03:25 AM
  TESU ENS-360 Credit from Lawshelf Niketay 1 451 07-28-2023, 09:19 PM