Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcript requirements for grad school... what about ACE/NCCRS?
Another question that I don't remember having seen here:

I know that graduate programs want transcripts from all the schools you have attended, but what about ACE/NCCRS providers?  My (perhaps optimistic) thinking is that since the credit is actually conferred by the school that accepts the ACE/NCCRS courses, that transcripts would generally not be required from those programs.  Is this the case in general?  I'm sure there are occasional exceptions, I'm more looking for general thinking. 

As it is, I have a collection of 7 RA schools that make up the credits for my undergrad degree, so it gets spendy (and time consuming) to send all of them to a given program.  It will add even more to the hassle if I also have to chase down all of the ACE/NCCRS providers.

Thoughts?
I have applied to at least 8 different graduate schools from different areas of the US (all RA, from MBA to MS/MA programs) and in the end all they ever really wanted for the single transcript showing I do indeed have my bachelor degree (in my case one transcript from TESU was all they wanted) - I was accepted by all.  Of course I have no doubt that some schools/programs will want more, but my experience is it's not as normal of a request as you'd think when it comes to graduate programs (basically the complete opposite of when applying for bachelor degree programs - where they want everything).
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
(08-17-2021, 01:30 PM)allvia Wrote: I have applied to at least 8 different graduate schools from different areas of the US (all RA, from MBA to MS/MA programs) and in the end all they ever really wanted for the single transcript showing I do indeed have my bachelor degree (in my case one transcript from TESU was all they wanted) - I was accepted by all.  Of course I have no doubt that some schools/programs will want more, but my experience it is not a normal request as you'd think when it comes to graduate programs (basically the complete opposite of when applying for bachelor degree programs - where they want everything).

That makes sense. It would it also depend if the grad program has certain pre reqs they want to see(like pre med).
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
My Bachelor's degree from Charter Oak comprised 12 credits from a Microsoft certification, 27 credits of CLEP, and the rest from eight different RA schools.

The school where I did my Master's wanted all eight of my undergraduate transcripts, but not anything for the CLEP tests or from Microsoft. It was on my Charter Oak transcript, that was enough for them.

None of the schools where I've ever applied for doctoral study have required anything more than the transcript for my Master's and the transcript from Charter Oak.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
Most of the schools I've applied to wanted transcripts from every single college at which I've attempted credits. No one cared about ACE or NCCRS except for WGU. WGU wanted every single transcript, including FEMA. I asked for them to exempt those transcripts because they weren't going to be used for prerequisites or transfer credits. Texas A&M - Corpus Christi asked for a foreign evaluation of the Davar Academy transcript because they thought it was a foreign school, but I explained to them that they are not a college, and they offer NCCRS-approved courses. Then, they took it off my list of required documents.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(08-17-2021, 05:10 PM)sanantone Wrote: Most of the schools I've applied to wanted transcripts from every single college at which I've attempted credits. No one cared about ACE or NCCRS except for WGU. WGU wanted every single transcript, including FEMA. I asked for them to exempt those transcripts because they weren't going to be used for prerequisites or transfer credits. Texas A&M - Corpus Christi asked for a foreign evaluation of the Davar Academy transcript because they thought it was a foreign school, but I explained to them that they are not a college, and they offer NCCRS-approved courses. Then, they took it off my list of required documents.

I didn't even disclose my FEMA stuff to WGU, didn't realize I should have. Oops
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
(08-17-2021, 05:43 PM)Thorne Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 05:10 PM)sanantone Wrote: Most of the schools I've applied to wanted transcripts from every single college at which I've attempted credits. No one cared about ACE or NCCRS except for WGU. WGU wanted every single transcript, including FEMA. I asked for them to exempt those transcripts because they weren't going to be used for prerequisites or transfer credits. Texas A&M - Corpus Christi asked for a foreign evaluation of the Davar Academy transcript because they thought it was a foreign school, but I explained to them that they are not a college, and they offer NCCRS-approved courses. Then, they took it off my list of required documents.

I didn't even disclose my FEMA stuff to WGU, didn't realize I should have. Oops
They asked for everything that was on my TESU transcript.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Depends on the school. They're all different.

I applied to WGU last month for grad school and they only wanted the transcripts that show that my bachelor's degree was conferred. They don't want any other transcripts from me which I'm good with since there's at least 8 of them....if I can even remember all of them!
Well, here's hoping either (a) I get into the one school I've already applied to or (b) the other schools I apply to will take the TESU degree alone.

The one school (Boise State) wanted transcripts from every single school I'd ever attended, and asked in about 4 different places if I'd ever attended another grad program (I haven't), and if so, if I can provide documentation that I left the program in good standing. Seemed sort of odd but then again, I've never applied to grad school before so maybe that's standard.

I sent them the 6 RA transcripts. I didn't do anything for CLEP or SDC or the other ACE/NCCRS stuff, so hopefully that will be OK.

So in addition to being a hassle, it was about $100 in transcript fees in addition to the school's application fee. Gets a little spendy if you're applying to a bunch of schools. At least you don't have to send a letter to the college with a check and a message about where you want the transcript sent, which was required about 10 years ago when I was requesting a transcript from one selective liberal arts college. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes studyingfortests's post:
  • ss20ts
(08-17-2021, 09:12 PM)studyingfortests Wrote: So in addition to being a hassle, it was about $100 in transcript fees in addition to the school's application fee. Gets a little spendy if you're applying to a bunch of schools.  At least you don't have to send a letter to the college with a check and a message about where you want the transcript sent, which was required about 10 years ago when I was requesting a transcript from one selective liberal arts college. Smile

I still have 1 transcript that I have to mail to the college. They then print out the transcript and mail it. It takes a minimum of 3 weeks from the time they receive the paperwork from me. This amazingly slow service costs $14 each time! I keep telling them there's this thing called Parchment. Look into it. It's 2021 not 1921.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nitstharya - Grad School Top Up Recommendation nitstharya 1 180 04-10-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,288 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 1,035 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 16,071 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,763 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG
  School of Business and Trade evaluation bjcheung77 12 1,317 01-11-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: adrian052
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 50 8,484 12-25-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  European Grad Studies Abroad: Cost of Living vs Low Tuition Fees bjcheung77 7 1,428 12-23-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Medical School, AMCAS, Prerequisites, Pass or fail, online college, etc... CanICode 22 3,639 10-18-2023, 08:38 AM
Last Post: CanICode
  Seeking a grad school OTmina 4 1,094 10-11-2023, 11:13 PM
Last Post: OTmina