Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer NA Bachelor's to RA Master's
Can anyone give me a more comprehensive guidance on transfering a BS Electronics Engineering Technology from Grantham (DEAC) to a regionally accredited masters? The BSEET is a steal for a ABET certified program (engineering school certification) that is more important than RA. However, I would like to transfer this degree once I'm done to a master's program to have a MS degree that is regionally. I figure they'd balance each other out.

I'm not picky at all the prestige. It's going to be a checkbox. Price is a major factor because anything much more than $20k isn't worth the ROI. Here is the ones I know of:

American Public University
Southern New Hampshire University
Western Governor's University

APU & WGU are by far the cheapest. APU is where I'm leaning.

Any advice from you experience? Much thanks to you all.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
xicovu, is there a specific Masters you're looking into?  I assume you're looking at APU's Masters of Science Information Technology. Or are you looking at the WGU MS Cybersecurity & Info Assurance? WGU has other options, such as MS IT Management or MBA IT Management. 

There are other providers for similar degrees at similar price ranges, are you looking at competency based degrees or the ones online through MOOC but using the standard semester/term schedule? I would suggest universities that partner with coursera, edx, futurelearn, udacity, or upgrad...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
No, it doesn't have to be too specific. I found one through ECPI University (RA for profit) that is an MS Mechatronics that recruiters would take.

Other options would be something like MS Supply Chain Management/Logistics/Operations Management, IT Management, or Information Technology. I'm not as interested in MBA really. Something that can complement an Industrial/Controls Engineering job. Supply Chain is on the top of my list if I don't do ECPI, but I'm open to other programs from other universities that are RA.

My biggest reason for wanting to get an MS is to try and counterbalance an NA BS degree with something accredited.

Trine University. MS in Engineering Management.

UW Platteville. MS in Engineering.
(03-20-2020, 12:49 AM)terryd5150 Wrote: Trine University. MS in Engineering Management.

UW Platteville. MS in Engineering.

Between terryd and bjcheung I think I've got a pretty cohesive plan of action to get an affordable EE degree. Thanks guys!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,736 536,751 4 hours ago
Last Post: spree610
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,095 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 15,891 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 0 189 03-29-2024, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 602 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 586 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,652 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,814 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 2 263 03-18-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 661 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger