Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transferring CSU Global CBEs to TESU
Currently, I'm in the process of signing up for two CBEs, Auditing and Info Sys. for Accounting. The advisor at CSU Global informed me that these classes don't typically transfer over. Naturally, I informed her others have done so in the past. What do I need to do? Am I missing something?
Most schools aren't as liberal when it comes to accepting non-traditional credit.

The Big 3, as we know, are.

So the advisor is right. They normally don't transfer. But for TESU, they do. You can always (and should) get preapproval from TESU if you're worried.

Other than that, good luck on the exams and and request a CSU Global transcript for TESU after you're successful.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thanks. Will do.
ricky2k2 Wrote:Currently, I'm in the process of signing up for two CBEs, Auditing and Info Sys. for Accounting. The advisor at CSU Global informed me that these classes don't typically transfer over. Naturally, I informed her others have done so in the past. What do I need to do? Am I missing something?

Have you signed up or registered yet? If not, don't forget to ask the advisor to see if they can waive the application fee (or provide coupon). Furthermore, you should be taking the exams as a non degree seeking student.. Otherwise, yah, not much to add... :coolgleam:
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I would definitely get pre-approval from TESU for these, since none of us has taken them and we don't know what they will transfer in as. I would always get pre-approval for things like this, especially trying to fulfill UL in the AOS. It's too important to make a mistake on.

As an example, for the BSBA in CIS, the Systems Analysis & Design CBE counts in the AOS for the Systems Analysis & Design requirement (as CIS-320), but the Info Systems Design & Management CBE does not count. You wouldn't want to spend $250 taking a course that was not pre-approved, because it would be painful to think that you were taking an UL AOS course, only to find that it didn't count at all towards that area (you could probably use it as a free elective, but that's a mighty expensive one considering you could use the TEES courses for free there).

ALWAYS get a pre-approval before signing up for these courses if you don't know for certain that someone else here has taken it recently and has a course number for it, or it's something really common that we already have course numbers for, like CLEP, DSST & SL (and TESU has published the info on their website for these).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,933 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,621 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,031 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,587 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,671 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,297 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,551 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,287 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,328 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,823 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore