Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble contacting Excelsior
I've been advised in another thread to enroll in an Excelsior degree as soon as possible but upon checking I found that I did make an application years ago it seems and I'm able to log into the My excelsior portal, I have no clue what to do from there though. No indication of my status.
I tried emailing several departments for help but nobody is answering. Is it generally this difficult to get a response from Excelsior? It's very difficult to call due to the time zone differences. I'm having a horrible experience and am considering not enrolling. 

Any help or sharing your own experience would be appreciated, thanks
Yeah, it's usually difficult to get an answer out of them. What might get them to answer is an email saying that you want to enroll in a class right now (whether or not you actually want to do so), but you need to send new transcripts and you want to make sure you're not taking any overlapping classes. The promise of money apparently usually gets an answer.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(06-23-2022, 02:44 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Yeah, it's usually difficult to get an answer out of them. What might get them to answer is an email saying that you want to enroll in a class right now (whether or not you actually want to do so), but you need to send new transcripts and you want to make sure you're not taking any overlapping classes. The promise of money apparently usually gets an answer.

What a wonderful institution...
Thank you for the answer.
Do you/does anyone know how the payment plan works at Excelsior?
In my experience, Excelsior is definitely not easy to get ahold of. I had an advisor and still waited a week or more to get my phone calls returned. Emails were never returned. Here's the info on the payment plans:

https://www.excelsior.edu/costs-and-fina...ent-plans/
(06-23-2022, 01:37 AM)PointAndClick Wrote: I've been advised in another thread to enroll in an Excelsior degree as soon as possible but upon checking I found that I did make an application years ago it seems and I'm able to log into the My excelsior portal, I have no clue what to do from there though. No indication of my status.
I tried emailing several departments for help but nobody is answering. Is it generally this difficult to get a response from Excelsior? It's very difficult to call due to the time zone differences. I'm having a horrible experience and am considering not enrolling. 

I finished my Excelsior AS Technology degree in 2020. I found that they took a few days to answer emails, but via phone, I usually got someone right away. That being said, the slow response you're experiencing could be due to a combination of people being on vacation and preparing for the graduation ceremony on July 8th.   

If you know what degree you're interested in, just start the application process at https://www.excelsior.edu/admissions/ and go through the process. I'm sure they'll reach out soon. You'll get instructions on where to send your transcripts and they'll provide a list of how your credits apply.  I enjoyed the Excelsior experience so wish you luck.
(06-23-2022, 01:37 AM)PointAndClick Wrote: I've been advised in another thread to enroll in an Excelsior degree as soon as possible but upon checking I found that I did make an application years ago it seems and I'm able to log into the My excelsior portal, I have no clue what to do from there though. No indication of my status.

the lack of any support or communication from Excelsior is the exact reason I found UMPI and am very happy to be enrolled there! I even scheduled appointments with the academic advisors and they never contacted me, just zero communication. I had a few crucial questions before moving forward and could never get human communication. Try UMPI Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jennr2z's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 409 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 938 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,585 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,648 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,319 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,338 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,078 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,738 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this
  Finally Graduating from Excelsior University new2this 4 1,256 04-29-2023, 12:46 AM
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,314 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az