Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to get a degree fast
I'm working as a Web Developer now and I really regret that I didn't finish my school and  I am looking to get a degree as fast as possible.
Your Location: Nevada
Your Age: 29
What kind of degree do you want?:Any bachelor degree, I took some classes in Psychology
Current Regional Accredited Credits: 28+53+6=87

School Name Total Credits: 28 Ohio University
Class Name, Credits, Grade
College Reading Skills UC D998 2 B
Writing and Rhetoric I ENG 1510 3 B+
Survery of Calculus MATH 1350 4 B
Pre Calculus MATH 1300 4 B
Exploring Musical Styles MUS 1200 2 C
Principles of Microeconomics ECON 1030 3 A
College Algebra MATH 1200 4 B
Special Topics Critical study boys , Girls and the rest of us EDECS 4900 1 B 
Special Topics in Applied Psychology Eating disorders 1 CR
Special Topics HAZWOPER Refresher 1 CR
Introduction to Ethics PHIL 1300 3 C

Loyola University: 53
Ethics PHIL 181 3 B-
Class piano for Beginners MUSC 102 3 A
Loyola's Mission: Phil.vision Phil 190 3 A
General Psychology PSYC 101 3 B
Developmental Psychology PSYC 273 3 B
Evol Wst Idea/Inst Sn 17C HIST 102 3 B
United States Since 1865 HIST 212 3 B
Applied Music: Piano MUSC 280J 1 A
Psychology of Human Sexuality PSYC 235 3 B
Social Psychology PSYC 275 3 B
Statistics PSYC 304 3 B
Interpreting Literature UCLR 100 3 B
Research Methods in PSYC writing intensive PSYC 306 3 B+
Intro to religious Studies THEO 107 3 C
Applied Music: Piano MUSC 280J 1 A
Learning and Behavior PSYC 3 C-
Lab in Social Psychology PSYC 321 3 B+

UC Berkeley : 6
Psychology of Sleep PSYCH N133 3 A+
industrial and organizational psychology PSYCH N180 3 A-
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Completed
TESU BA Computer Science & ASNSM Mathematics
Conferred: 09/2023
Excelsior University BS Psychology 
Conferred: 02/2023

With your clearly established interest in psychology I recommend you apply to TESU for the BA in Psychology, come back when the evaluation is complete and we can help you fill in what you're missing. Here is the wiki on the Degree, which could help you fill in what you're missing  - https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • carrythenothing
What do you think about writing essays/papers? A BLS with a Management Information Systems minor from UPMI can be the fastest way to go: https://online.umpi.edu/programs/ You would need a foreign language (Spanish from InstantCert is recommended, unless you speak another language) and a science with a lab (BIO 101L from Study.com). While not technically offered, you might also be able to get a psych minor using all of those credits (and perhaps some from Study.com). I think you'd also need a few courses from Sophia to meet gen ed requirements.

On the other hand, if you're not interested in papers and/or competency-based schools, you could spend a little longer (and a bit more money) at TESU for something like a BA in Computer Science & Psychology. You can see degree plans for TESU here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
If you go the TESU route, you need to start classes by May 1st in order to graduate by September.
https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Looks like you have good progress towards a BA in psych at TESU.
Thank you guys for the response! I'll apply to TESU and UMPI and send my transcripts to them.
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Completed
TESU BA Computer Science & ASNSM Mathematics
Conferred: 09/2023
Excelsior University BS Psychology 
Conferred: 02/2023

These guys will know better than I do. I think they are right about apply to TESU, see what they all come in as, then wrap back with what you need for help from the group tracking down alt credits for it. I have some questions for the group that may help out though.

-is TESU’s capstone like EC’s, where you have to (unless the grant you permission) take it last, by itself? I ask this, because I don’t know how fast is fast to frankc, and it would add a full semester just for 1 class.

-is there someone with a sharper eye to all of this than me, who may be able to spot a Gen Ed gap or something that may be missing for UMPI? I’m asking solely based on the fact that I keep seeing “get everything done that you can before applying to UMPI” on this forum, I believe because UMPI makes you get permission to take something not from them after you are enrolled.
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22
(02-20-2022, 04:21 AM)frankc Wrote: Thank you guys for the response! I'll apply to TESU and UMPI and send my transcripts to them.

Do not apply to UMPI yet! Once you are accepted, you are automatically enrolled. Once you are enrolled, you need permission to bring in more courses from outside. I know you're missing at least some gen eds, so I recommend withdrawing your application (if you've already done it) for now. 

Sorry, I tend to forget that they do this until someone actually mentions enrolling.

(02-20-2022, 04:58 AM)Insert Name Wrote: -is TESU’s capstone like EC’s, where you have to (unless the grant you permission) take it last, by itself? I ask this, because I don’t know how fast is fast to frankc, and it would add a full semester just for 1 class.

No, TESU is less restrictive. The requirements for taking a TESU capstone are that you must have most of your UL credits completed AND you need at least 100 credits total. This is why we usually recommend a single 16-credit term that consists of:

Cornerstone (SOS-110)
Capstone
PLA-100
3 super easy LL classes or ePacks

This gets students roughly halfway toward their RA credit requirement (frankc doesn't have to worry about this) and 16 residency credits at TESU, which means that the student doesn't have to pay the residency waiver. Students who don't mind paying a bit more are free to take only the capstone & cornerstone together and pay the residency waiver of about $3000.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
I’m glad I asked. Maybe that helps frankc out a bit. If the recommendation is to wait on UMPI, is there anyone who can help frankc out by spotting anything that may be missing? I can do my best, but I’m not super familiar with UMPI. I’m at EC at the moment.
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22
For UMPI's gen eds, let's see what's available. Referencing https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents and http://catalog.umpi.edu/preview_program....3&poid=239

1A - English Comp; I think this one has been completed
1B - English Comp II; Not sure if this has been completed, take at UMPI if not
1C - Commmunications or American Government - I don't think this has been completed; InstantCert or UMPI
1D - English Comp again
2A - Covered by PHIL-181 Ethics
2B - Ethics again
2C - English Comp II again
2D - May be covered by one of the piano classes, depending on syllabus; otherwise take HUM-103 @ UMPI
2E - Definitely covered by a piano class
3A - Covered by any of your math classes
3B - Covered by any of your math classes
3C - Biology - take Biology 101L @ Study.com
3D - Environmental Science or Chemistry at Sophia
3E - Lab science - met by BIO 101L from Study.com
4A - 0-credit YourPace orientation that takes 1-2 hours. Everyone must take this.
4B - English Comp II again
4C - Ethics again
5A - Should be covered by Intro to Religious Studies.
5B - Covered by HIST 212
5C - Foreign language - take Spanish at InstantCert or (if fluent in another language) take an ACTFL exam
5D - Ethics again
5E - American Government/politics

UMPI limits you to 90 transferred credits per degree. With all of the credit available for transfer, I would recommend taking only:
Biology 101L @ Study.com, Spanish @ InstantCert, and Environmental Science/Chemistry from Sophia. This would allow you to transfer in more of your psych classes to at least be used as electives.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 174 04-24-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 157 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,824 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 216 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,601 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 225 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 642 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,206 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 261 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,222 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK