Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuition Clarification Needed for TESU
I enrolled in TESU for their ASBA program last fall but have yet to complete a course thru them. I am trying to figure out how this per credit tuition plan works as I do not want to pay out of pocket $5000 which is shows for out of state using the saylor option. It seems that reading thru this forum people have done this much cheaper... so what I am I misunderstanding about the program?

I guess my questions are

1. how many credits should I plan to take thru TESU?

2. What is the least it can cost me (I am out of state)

I still have to take
English Comp II
Living in the Information Age
Cultural Diversity in the US
Managerial Accounting
Business Law & Ethics
Principles of Marketing
Intro to Computer SCI

I currently have taken
English Comp I (study.com)
Oral Communications (UW Oshkosh)
Math W Business Apps (NWTC)
Environmental Geology (UW Oshkosh)
Principles of Microeconomics (study.com)
General Psych (UW Oshkosh)
Intro to Philosophy (UW Oshkosh)
Ethics in Philosophy (UW Oshkosh)
Intro to Sociology (Study.com)
Intro to College Algebra (UW Oshkosh)
Intro to Financial Accounting (Study.com)
Principles of Management (Saylor)
Personal Finance (Study.com)
What $5000 are you talking about? The residency waiver is $2000. Graduation is $350 or somewhere around there. The application fee is $70. All other costs are up to you and determined by how you earn your credits, ranging from nearly free (Saylor etc.) to very expensive ($500/cr courses from TESU).
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
For the ASBA I think only the cornerstone would have to be completed through TESU unless you enrolled before the requirement took affect, then you might be grandfathered in. The cornerstone course (if required) is $300. As far as I can tell for the ASBA no other course has to be taken at TESU. The rest can be transferred in using a combination of Saylor, CLEP/DSST, TECEP, Straighterline, Study.com, etc. which can help keep costs down. For out of state students it costs about $1500 per course unless eligible for discounts such as military program. If you do not take any courses through TESU then you will not graduate with a GPA.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
I was referring to the TESU faq section
Most students using out-of-state tuition rates who benefit from in-state tuition who complete the Associate in Science in Business Administration through the Open Course option in one year using credit-by-exam options when possible should be able to complete the program for about $5,500, excluding optional course materials some students may want to purchase. Most credit-by-exam options, including those associated with the Open Course option, do not require students to purchase course materials.
For that amount, you could complete your entire BSBA through TESU
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
That Saylor thing with TESU is a joke. It's entirely unnecessary, and overpriced. And useless.

Here is a plan for the BSBA in GM at TESU. I've highlighted the courses you need for the ASBA (8 of them) and have listed all of the ways you can fulfill those requirements.

It should cost you $800 or less for courses and then $75 for the application fee, $2000 for the residency waiver, and $323 for the grad fee, for a total of $3198 for the ASBA. OR, you could pay an additional $2000, and get your BSBA.

I know which one I would choose!

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">riedel63 TESU 2016 BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 32.15 KB / Downloads: 0)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
WOW dfrecore thank you for that work!! The answer is obvious!

The other question is, to stay enrolled at TESU I just need to do one TECEP is that correct?

Thank you
riedel63 Wrote:WOW dfrecore thank you for that work!! The answer is obvious!

The other question is, to stay enrolled at TESU I just need to do one TECEP is that correct?

Thank you

I believe it is one TECEP per year (assuming you don't complete it within a year)
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
To enroll initially you can register for any TECEP, course or cornerstone. To maintain continuous enrollment you must pass at least one TECEP or course (earn 3 credits) every 12 months. There are different requirements for students enrolled under a contract program such as military.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,001 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,673 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,129 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,666 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,744 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,362 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,607 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,337 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,394 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,871 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore