Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two questions regarding to 1. TESU second degree and 2. bachelor to master program
Hi All, I just have two seperate questions and hope get your inputs, I appreciate it!!

1. Regarding the second bachelor degree policy --- it says:

• Complete a minimum of 24 credits including the required capstone for the degree. These credits must be in the area of study and/or core of the degree. These credits must be earned after the date the most recent degree, regardless of academic level, was conferred. --- Question 1: Currently, I only completed 6 credits for the AOS of my second-degree program (45 credits required in total) using my course I took for my first bachelor degree, does that mean I have to complete 45-6 = 39 credits, which is much more than 24?

• Additionally, students must complete all other degree requirements as listed in the current Thomas Edison State University Catalog. --- Question 2: Does that mean all the degree requirements shall be met, e.g. if the second degree requires that 18 credits should be from 300/400 courses, I still need to meet this requirement for my second bachelor program?
  • Question 3: I still can leverage study.com to complete course requirements for my second bachelor program (assuming I do not exceed the credit transfer limits),  right?
2. Regarding TESU's the bachelor's to master program (you can use 12 graduate credits to be applied to both of your bachelor program and master program), it requires the following "they have at least three years of professional experience" -- Question 4: what does this mean? work experience? Do we need to provide proof? 
In addition, Question 5: once I fill the "Bachelor’s to Master’s Inquiry Form", what will happen next? Any prior experience?

Thank you very much in advance!!!
1. Yes, you'll need to complete the AOS credits.
2. Yes, you'll need the same number of UL credits.
3. Yes, you can still use alternative credit sources.

4 and 5. You also need a TESU GPA of 3.0 or higher, which first requires taking graded classes at TESU.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 1 user Likes carrythenothing's post:
  • origamishuttle
Here are the answers, but it's better to tell us what your first degree is, what your second degree you want is, and which Bach to Masters you're referring to. But in general and for the majority at TESU, this is how it will flow for the degrees...

1. Minimum is 24 credits, it all depends on the second degree requirements and what you have completed for the first degree. Some credits from the first degree can be used for the second degree. If you have 45 AOS credits, which second degree are you going for?

2. Yes, depending on your degree of choice, you need the 18 Upper Level credits for the Area of Study for the BA, the Capstone will be one of those courses. For the BSBA, you need 15 Upper Level in the Area of Study, the capstone again will be part of those courses.

3. Yes, you must make sure that the first degree has a max of 90 ACE/NCCRS credit transfer. The second degree will also have a max of 90 ACE/NCCRS credit transfer. Essentially, the 30 RA credits required will be needed for the first and second degree.

4. 3 Years Professional Experience, that's what it means, you need to have 3 years working in the field - having said that, you can use work experience, internships, volunteer work, etc and have a "mix and match" approach to fulfill those 3 years.

5. Easy, yes, you fill the request and make sure you meet the requirements, they'll provide you an update if you can take those courses or not, you essentially just pay the "undergraduate fee" for the graduate courses and these courses will be used in the AOS of your Bachelors.

Again, depending on what your second degree is in, you are only authorized to take the 4 graduate courses in the respective Masters degree program.

Note: If you want to use/transfer these to another graduate program, they may not take it because it was used for undergrad. There is a way around this, take the alternative courses that will also fulfill the requirements of the second degree as well!

An example, you want a BSBA HealthCare Management and a Human Resource Management double AOS for your second degree, you technically can do the Bach to Masters for BOTH, and have 24 graduate credits! I wouldn't do that though, too expensive! Before they did an update their catalog, their graduate certificates matched the same 4 courses as their Bach to Masters, now it doesn't for these two. It would have been an awesome option for the comprehensive tuition where a student could have completed up to 36 credits within a year for under $7K, they discontinued that option in 2018.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • AwardTour, origamishuttle
(11-24-2021, 12:21 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Here are the answers, but it's better to tell us what your first degree is, what your second degree you want is, and which Bach to Masters you're referring to.

Please also let us know if your first bachelor's degree is from a regionally accredited school.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
Thank you carrythenothing and especially bjcheung77, for your very detailed feedback and insights, and I am much clear!!!!

Thanks again!!!
Thank you for discussion!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,318 7 hours ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 526 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 453 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 477 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 360 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az