Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two tabs/windows open in Sophia
Just wondering if anyone has had experience with this. You can watch videos on one tab and answer questions on another tab. 

BUT.... I have noticed that answering questions in one tab doesn't sync with questions on the other tab. Is this a problem? Could finding out the answer in one tab then then clicking the correct answer in another tab be considered as breaking their "student honor code"?

I'm just trying to get a feel for if it is okay.
(07-27-2020, 08:59 AM)RizP Wrote: Just wondering if anyone has had experience with this. You can watch videos on one tab and answer questions on another tab. 

BUT.... I have noticed that answering questions in one tab doesn't sync with questions on the other tab. Is this a problem? Could finding out the answer in one tab then then clicking the correct answer in another tab be considered as breaking their "student honor code"?

I haven't noticed the issue you're describing, so I can't comment on that.

I don't wish to hold myself out as an expert on Sophia's Honor Code.  But they do make it very clear that the Challenges and Milestones are open book.  With that in mind, it's difficult to imagine how using multiple windows to view the course materials while answering questions would be a violation of the Honor Code.
(07-27-2020, 09:23 AM)ctcarl Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 08:59 AM)RizP Wrote: Just wondering if anyone has had experience with this. You can watch videos on one tab and answer questions on another tab. 

I haven't noticed the issue you're describing, so I can't comment on that.

I don't wish to hold myself out as an expert on Sophia's Honor Code.  But they do make it very clear that the Challenges and Milestones are open book.  With that in mind, it's difficult to imagine how using multiple windows to view the course materials while answering questions would be a violation of the Honor Code.

Yeah, I think the Honor Code is more directed at having other people do the work for you, since it's not proctored.

I'm confused about under what circumstances you'd be doing this. The videos are meant to be watched with each challenge. You have to complete all challenges to be able to take a Milestone. You cannot watch videos about, say, unit 1 while also taking milestone 1 unless you've already completed the challenges. In which case, you've probably already watched the videos at least once. 

Since the milestones are open-book, for Statistics I've been watching the videos during the challenges and then using the PDF to refresh/look up terms during the milestone. There just isn't enough time during a milestone to be able to rewatch all the videos in the hopes of finding answers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • LongRoad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 9 217 3 hours ago
Last Post: allvia
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 750 Yesterday, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,040 Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,215 Yesterday, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 281 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 630 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 892 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 212 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 868 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 332 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle