Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. History I & II
I needed twelve credits to graduate in May, so I decided to take 2 Clep exams; Humanities and Social Sciences and History.

I passed the Humanities with a 53, without studying. I scored a 49:mad: on the Social Sciences and that was with the collegeboard study guide.

I am kicking myself because I didn't find out about instantcert until yesterday!!! I am planning on taking both of the U.S. History exams, is two weeks enough time with instantcert?
FlyAway Wrote:I needed twelve credits to graduate in May, so I decided to take 2 Clep exams; Humanities and Social Sciences and History.

I passed the Humanities with a 53, without studying. I scored a 49:mad: on the Social Sciences and that was with the collegeboard study guide.

I am kicking myself because I didn't find out about instantcert until yesterday!!! I am planning on taking both of the U.S. History exams, is two weeks enough time with instantcert?

---
Hi FlyAway,

Sorry to hear you failed SS&H. 49 is right on the line too. What a shame!

For your U.S. History exams, you may want to read through the study guide found on this site (in addition to Instantcert):

http://www.pinkmonkey.com/studyguides/su...ntents.asp

It doesn't split the topics up into two sections for you, so you will need to do that yourself (consult the test descriptions found at www.collegeboard.com).

It is difficult to say how much time it takes to study for any exam. Everyone is different. I would think that if you study Instantcert and the PinkMonkey web site for two weeks, YOU will know whether you are ready to take the exams or not.

It is definitely possible to study for two weeks and pass two exams. Many people here have done so several times over. But rather than study for BOTH exams for two weeks, I would study for ONE exam intensively for a week and see how you feel. When you are ready to sit the exam, go for it! Then study intensively for another week for the other exam.

In the end, however, it is YOU who must decide whether you have studied enough to pass the exam!

--
And now for something completely different...

Have you considered taking Analyzing and Interpreting Literature instead of the two US History exams? It is worth six credits and requires only a quick review of basic literary terms such as: simile, soliloquy, sonnet, etc.

You could literally do a quick google search for literary terms tomorrow, and then go and sit the exam at your earliest opportunity.

If your school will accept A&I Literature, and if it fits in with your degree plan, it's definitely worth thinking about FlyAway. It will save you a lot of time and effort studying for two history exams.

Best of luck whatever you decide,
Snazzlefrag
I took a look at the pinkmonkey site, very useful information! I do realize that it would be much better to study each exam one week at a time.
I am an English major, my school will not allow me to apply the A&I Lit to my degree. So that means study, study, study, for me. Instantcert is very helpful, within the 3 or so days that I have been studying I have been doing extremely well on the tests. Thanks alotSmile
The pink monkey site helped a whole lot, passed the U.S. History I w/ a 61, Instantcert along with Pink monkey, and the collegeboard guide really helped me. I am confident that I would have passed this exam with instantcert alone.
FlyAway Wrote:The pink monkey site helped a whole lot, passed the U.S. History I w/ a 61, Instantcert along with Pink monkey, and the collegeboard guide really helped me. I am confident that I would have passed this exam with instantcert alone.

Congratulations FlyAway,

That's fantastic news. US History II next?
Hey Flyaway, glad to hear your exam went well. I'm sure you could have passed with just InstantCert, but if you have the time, the more resources you study, the better. It never hurts to be overprepared! Keep us posted on History II...
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
Thanks!!! I'm on to U.S. History II, and then I will walk on May 21Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 2,574 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,115 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  History of Degree Awarding Tomes MichaelGates 2 515 07-06-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Legacy Admissions with Anti-Semitic History Challenged sanantone 2 518 07-04-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  JD & Masters History - 22 year old bjcheung77 0 474 04-24-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone taken the ONU Your Way HIS 379 Latin American History and Politics course Insert Name 10 1,368 03-13-2022, 08:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Torah College's A Social History of Jewish Food -- ISO feedback sammeecat 9 1,918 08-24-2021, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Cmglaser08
  Looking For UPPER LEVEL History Courses tls7291 7 1,257 05-04-2021, 11:41 PM
Last Post: tls7291
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,274 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  Looking For TESU World History Alternatives tls7291 4 1,109 01-13-2021, 02:10 PM
Last Post: rachel83az